PDA

View Full Version : huts/sheds

Lainie
14th January, 2012, 10:33 PM
well last week our metal shed/hut ended up upside down in the neighbours garden!! hurricane bawbag 2 struck!!

anyway

going to get a new shed and not sure what to go for. i think i prefer plastic as less hastle to build and look after over the yrs compared to wooded ones but my sis says get a wooden one?

help and advice needed please guys.

many thanks

happy_highlander
14th January, 2012, 10:42 PM
well last week our metal shed/hut ended up upside down in the neighbours garden!! hurricane bawbag 2 struck!!

anyway

going to get a new shed and not sure what to go for. i think i prefer plastic as less hastle to build and look after over the yrs compared to wooded ones but my sis says get a wooden one?

help and advice needed please guys.

many thanks

Not too sure about plastic but metal ones get damp inside with condensation in the summer and wooden ones are a bit heavier so when hurricane bawbag 3 strikes the ~~~~er might stay where you put it.

cactikid
14th January, 2012, 11:09 PM
wood will rot over a period of time,unless its treated and raised off the ground,ground anchors may help it stay in position,plastic dont know if strong enough to take a high wind.

systemseiko
15th January, 2012, 10:11 AM
I have a 16 x 10 timer shed, i swear by it but 2 weeks ago with high winds i thought the roof could possibly be lifting a little, been proactive i tied down roof supports with wall straps, the type brickies use to strap walls to roof trusses, anyway the house 4 doors away has a prefabricated metal shed, the roof blew off his and went 50 metres across street and hit a Toyota Yaris, Insurance quoted act of god.

Now glad i had timber shed with me roof ties.

ipssoff
15th January, 2012, 11:00 PM
I went down the plastic root (easy to maintaine and erect) just remember to bolt it to the wall!