PDA

View Full Version : DUO is constant Starting mode

Rodbouy
15th January, 2012, 10:31 PM
Bought 2 duos in the few weeks for my mates, 1 fine the other has a weird issue of staying in a boot loop.

The box would go to boot and display the image logo then the box screen would say starting then back to vu duo and image on screen and continue to loop in that order.

So far i have flashed 4 images

1 ViX, 2 BH and 1 Original.

I have flashed with the latest bootloadeder twice.

Also tried to flash with null modem and it gets to step 5 60% and does nothing more.

My supplier is going to replace the box but, best to try every avenue before hand.

I not got my exp with the duo, so looking for some ideas.

Posted on WOS also but no further forward yet.

Tried a few different USB sticks also.

and cant FTP at no point in the boot process.

TIA

dell_xps
15th January, 2012, 11:51 PM
If you have flashed original software bak to the box m8, that would tell me there is a fault with the box, boot loader must be corrupt ?
RD's yer man, he's an Admin on WOS, did he not reply to you ?

Rodbouy
15th January, 2012, 11:58 PM
Not yet.

Only posted a few hours ago.

I have till Wednesday for suggestions.

I think the box is beat.

satsmo
16th January, 2012, 12:13 AM
Did you flash the bootloader first and then the image from scratch?

Sounds like the kernel was updated online?

Rodbouy
16th January, 2012, 12:28 AM
When I got the box, it would not boot black screen.

So I flashed the duo_cfe_3_0_usb

then ran the new BH BlackHole-1.7.0-bm750_usb#

Annoying thing is not being able to get to a crash log or even if its creating a crashlog.

The at least I got some Image logos

The same result with the 1.6 BH beta, ViX 3.2 and an original

After the 1st flash of the BH and each time I tried a re flash the 1st logo says BH loading default

Bloody annoying.

Last time I got the duo for my mate, I literally had 15 to set it up for him and he was off with it.

This time I had a few days to play with the beast.

No such luck :)

satsmo
16th January, 2012, 12:43 AM
I had a similar problem, (as have a few others), with one I fixed for a member here. You can try and sort it with hyperterminal and putty/tenet. I followed this guide with credit to the original author:

Switch the box off, on the rear side.
choose in putty for serial connect, speed must be set to 115200 and choose you`re comport.
Put the box on, when you`re connection is oke, you wil see some text scrolling over the putty screen.
Now use the ctrl + c key to stop the booting.
copy the following line in the screen:

boot -z -elf flash0.kernel: 'rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw mem=0x8000000 bcmrac=3`

The box now reboot from the flash, so watch you`re box.
Then open telnet with dcc and put in the following line.

flash_eraseall /dev/mtd5

and after that the following line

reboot -f

Then you`re box is running again.

Failing that it is a hardware error and follow the return to supplier route you are currently engaged in.

It took me quite a while to sort and a lot of head scratching so I do not envy what you are looking at right now.

Forgot to mention, it is a genuine box isn't it?

dell_xps
16th January, 2012, 01:02 AM
If the guy is going to exchange it m8, I'd do that, trying to source parts for the Vu is a non starter, and trying to get in touch with Vu is a non starter, good luck :-)

Rodbouy
16th January, 2012, 08:39 AM
Cheers for the help lads.

Aye Satsmo its gen box mate.

RuberDuck
16th January, 2012, 10:57 AM
sorry for not replying earlier lads ive been mad busy with work this last couple of weeks.

so the way i read the thread it's basically stuck in some form of bootloop but as its looping before enigma even gets a chance to start there is no way to ftp in for logs etc ?. the only thing i could think of is the same suggestion by satsmo failing that a return to retailer warranty job would be the way to go.

Rodbouy
17th January, 2012, 05:31 PM
Still no joy with the above,so just have to admit defeat and get it exchanged.

Cheers for the help.

Rodbouy
20th January, 2012, 09:07 AM
Got box swapped and now is all well with the world again :)

hooley
24th January, 2012, 06:15 PM
I had a similar problem, (as have a few others), with one I fixed for a member here. You can try and sort it with hyperterminal and putty/tenet. I followed this guide with credit to the original author:

Failing that it is a hardware error and follow the return to supplier route you are currently engaged in.

It took me quite a while to sort and a lot of head scratching so I do not envy what you are looking at right now.

Forgot to mention, it is a genuine box isn't it?
I've the same problem, it's stuck on "starting". I tried your method satsmo but I can't seem to get the ctrl+c part to work , to stop the booting so I can input that text . Has anyone any advice? Cheers

alec
24th January, 2012, 11:34 PM
I've the same problem, it's stuck on "starting". I tried your method satsmo but I can't seem to get the ctrl+c part to work , to stop the booting so I can input that text . Has anyone any advice? Cheers

When my box was stuck on loading, even after reflashing I did this:
Using software > cnet_ExtraPuTTY-installer_exe installed on Laptop
With Vu off

1) run putty with these settings (115200,8,n,1) and connect a nullmodem cable to your vu+, then start your VU+
2) give this command to the console and press enter:
boot -z -elf flash0.kernel: 'rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw mem=0x8000000 bcmrac=3`

I copied and paste 2) instructions 3 times and it starting booting ok, after that it worked ok.