PDA

View Full Version : confused!!!!!!!!!!!!

flipdip
9th January, 2009, 10:58 PM
JUST BOUGHT A WIIKEY 2 BUT HAVEN'T HAD IT FITTED YET, BUT BUY THE SOUNDS OF IT I'VE WASTED MY MONEY???. DOES HOMEBREW DO IT ALL OR WHAT (PLAY COPIED GAMES ETC) OR AM JUST AS WELL HAVE THE KEY FITTED AND LOAD HOMEDREW JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. PLEASE HELP

bugaloo41
9th January, 2009, 11:44 PM
Not an expert mate but yes homebrew does it all.

dell_xps
9th January, 2009, 11:58 PM
Not an expert mate but yes homebrew does it all.

Well you will have to buy a copy of Zelda so that would of set you back ?30, or you could of borrowed it,cost ?0, but to answer you question, softmodding does it all, the only difference is that your Wii will be a bit picky with discs softmodding it, stick to verbatim or tayio yuden discs, stay away from the cheap discs if you softmod it, if you decide to get your wiikey fitted then if you do use the cheaper discs they will play back ok, just burn them at a slightly lower speed, say 2x or 4x, verbatim tayio yuden i burn at 18X with no problems.
HTH

mistermofo
12th January, 2009, 09:07 PM
the homebrew solution is not 100% yet you will have compatibilty issues so i would install the chip

dell_xps
12th January, 2009, 09:50 PM
the homebrew solution is not 100% yet you will have compatibilty issues so i would install the chip

Not had any games that dont load or play yet m8, can you shed some light on any games that dont work?

flipdip
12th January, 2009, 10:31 PM
GOT ME CHIP TROUGHT THE POST THIS MORNING(DO YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE IT PUT IN??), GOT HOME BREW INSTALLED BUT IM NOW HAVING PROBS BURNING GAMES (SMASHING ME HEAD AGAINST BRICK WALL) GOT ALL THE PROGRAMS SO HAVENT HAD CHANCE TO TRY BUT IF YOU GOT ANY GOOD DL SITES FOR GAMES THAT MIGHT HELP! THANKS FOR ANY HELP

dell_xps
12th January, 2009, 10:44 PM
GOT ME CHIP TROUGHT THE POST THIS MORNING(DO YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE IT PUT IN??), GOT HOME BREW INSTALLED BUT IM NOW HAVING PROBS BURNING GAMES (SMASHING ME HEAD AGAINST BRICK WALL) GOT ALL THE PROGRAMS SO HAVENT HAD CHANCE TO TRY BUT IF YOU GOT ANY GOOD DL SITES FOR GAMES THAT MIGHT HELP! THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Use good quality discs m8, Tayio Yuden or Verbatim, dont use Memorex with the software hack as I know for a fact they dont work, I'm able to burn at 18X using Tayio Yuden and Verbatim discs no problemo.
If you install the chip, you can use the memerox and cheaper discs for some reason.

jarri
13th January, 2009, 10:18 PM
Wii Backup Compatibility List PAL - Wii (http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index.php/Wii_Backup_Compatibility_List_PAL)
List of PAL games that work with the Launcher and does that don't.