PDA

View Full Version : CCTV viewing from second location

AfyB
16th January, 2012, 07:34 PM
Hi

Recently installed CCTV and i have set up the LAN on the box and i am trying to watch it from work. I have forwarded a port through my router, however which IP address do i need to type in at work?

fac51
30th January, 2012, 10:35 PM
The IP your ISP has issued you followed by the port you have forwarded to your CCTV DVR

Example

YourIPADDRESS:YOURPORT

AfyB
22nd February, 2012, 06:59 PM
Tried that, did not work?

bigbertie
22nd February, 2012, 08:41 PM
Hi mate use a dyn dyns server. You can use that as a connection point between home and your camera. A good starting point would be to use Foscam instructions on setting up, u may also have to add a port number, ie 192.168.0.25:80 ensure you are using ur modeisp, u can do this by going to windows clicking star then in search box cmd. Run this then type ipconfig you will see your connection there. If it is a Foscam and you have an iPhone there is an app that lets u view your camera from your phone.m forgot to say your home Internet must be on 24/7

AfyB
22nd February, 2012, 11:07 PM
It is always on my internet, that is not a problem. I have port forwarded on the router, I have assigned the DVR to the port forward, I have downloaded iphone app, but the geeza won't connect. The port is definitely open as i checked using port forward tool?

Curious123
22nd February, 2012, 11:51 PM
I have set up dyndns host and use that to access my cctv. Have you forarded the port on the DVR? I have also found that my works network does not allow dyndns host so I am unable to get into my cctv except using broadband at work.

AfyB
23rd February, 2012, 01:36 PM
Should i be able to access it using 3g?

bigbertie
23rd February, 2012, 08:38 PM
Yes I access mine through 3g

madmanuk
23rd February, 2012, 11:03 PM
i use no.ip addy for my ptz and works fine mate make sure its setup in your dvr put a static ip,Its just like seting up a dream box lol.good luck mate

xdamdamx
5th March, 2012, 01:28 AM
Try adding DVR's IP to the DMZ on your router.

AfyB
5th March, 2012, 02:14 AM
I'll try it now, I have set it up similar to setting up a dreambox mate. In the Dyndns on the DVR, do I need to fill out the primary and secondary server section or leave it blank? Also media port would be the port forwarded?