PDA

View Full Version : Freesat trouble after changing to quad lnb

johnnypanic
16th January, 2012, 11:58 PM
Had Freesat setup with a single lnb. Decided to change to quad lnb, to feed sat to bedroom.

Though it would be easy, just swap single for quad, good to go. Problem is that on one receiver, I have some of the channels, e.g. bbc, but on the other I have other channels, e.g. itv. Getting no signal for some channels on both boxes.

Have tried "skewing" the lnb but with no success.

Btw, lnb is INVERTO Black Ultra High Gain 0.2 Quattro.

Any ideas?

johnnypanic
17th January, 2012, 09:51 PM
Been out again tonight, with sat meter, which seems to indicate I'm getting a good signal.

Will try and get a lend of another quad lnb to rule out problem with lnb.

This talking to myself is getting serious :)

hannahbush
18th January, 2012, 07:20 PM
I think you may have the wrong LNB. As you are getting some channels I think you may be getting only virtical signals from one lnb and horizontal on another lnb. You may need a quad lnb instead of a quattro.

johnnypanic
19th January, 2012, 12:32 AM
I think you may have the wrong LNB. As you are getting some channels I think you may be getting only virtical signals from one lnb and horizontal on another lnb. You may need a quad lnb instead of a quattro.

You're correct.

I contacted the seller and got this reply -

This is a quattro LNB, this is to only be used with Multiswitch set ups. This particular LNB will not work as a standard 4-way as it has horizontal and vertical high/low. The quad and the quattro are totally different LNB's.

Lesson learnt :ahhhhh:

johnnypanic
19th January, 2012, 08:50 PM
Thankfully the seller contacted me and advised that I can get a refund. Really good service, considering it was my fault, that I choose the wrong type of lnb.