PDA

View Full Version : Passat 2.0 TDI 2009 NOT STARTING

bursuc
17th January, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hi all,

Car is: passat 2.0 lt, problem : not starting
The owner make the diagnostic at another workshop and they told him that he need to change 3 injectors.
When i make diagnostic , i don't get any foult code ....
Maybe they have cleared the fault code ???
How to test the injectors ?
I take every plug from each injector and still not starting... if i insist it is starts but he stay started for 3-4 seconds ... and the it shut off...:giveup:

any help ???

Liteace
17th January, 2012, 03:16 PM
What did you scan it with, plug in a VCDS, all the info that you need is there

tanito
17th January, 2012, 04:36 PM
If the machine are unit injectors siemens, then disconnect one and taste it to start, if engne working replace this unit injector.
Sorry for my english.

Youneselm
17th January, 2012, 04:59 PM
the ecu is protected for short-circuit comming from the injectors. this is a fail safe for ecu.
pull 1 by 1 the injector connector and start the car.
if the car starts, thats the faulty injector.

smokey08
17th January, 2012, 08:51 PM
Easiest way to test these is to set you multimeter to OHMs (as high as it will go) touch one probe on a good earth and the other one on the injectors pins (plug disconnected) they should all be infinite. If any read a low value they need to be changed and any with a high value will need changing soon.

Meat-Head
17th January, 2012, 10:23 PM
Ring your local stealer - seeriosuly - there is a CONFIMED rumor if certain part/batch bad they replace for free.

We did that took it to the dealer, they changed two injector ?400+VAT + labor each for free.

We chraged the costomer the full wack - everybody was ahppy.

flyins
18th January, 2012, 12:01 AM
Check in tank pump, access underneath back seat, or if not getting power to it check relay for the pump. It seems weird that it suddenly stopped because it needs 3 injectors and no codes??

TECH
18th January, 2012, 12:30 AM
if you use start spray it start?

bursuc
18th January, 2012, 08:33 AM
Solved : problem was the pump in the trunk :) thank you all , that's why i didn't get any faulty code. no fuel comming from trunk :)

miha99
18th January, 2012, 09:09 AM
In this case otput test is very useful.

bursuc
18th January, 2012, 09:22 AM
i found it in BASIC SETTINGS ... i didn't fiind in OUTPUT TEST :)

bypirata
14th August, 2012, 12:01 AM
Hey. My injector has stopped working. It's a 140hp vw passat 2005. Someone can tell me how to fix it and that I should buy. Thank you very much.