PDA

View Full Version : Hands up, How many people here sold a PS3 and then bought another one ?

Raven
10th January, 2009, 03:27 AM
I will be....I only flogged my first one because I wanted to upgrade my PC equipment and at the time I wasn't playing anything for a week or so and so at the time I didn't think anything of it....I regret it somewhat now though because it's going to cost me a fair penny to get another one now!

Got a 360 again in the meantime....and having owned a PS3 since my first 360 and having played Uncharted, Motorstorm and MGS4 the 360 just doesn't compare for me. Even though it's pad is far superior to the dualshock design which is a big accomplishment considering there was a time that dualshock pads were considered perfection.

CookieMcCrumble
10th January, 2009, 12:20 PM
The HDD buggered up on my first PS3 and Sony replaced it within 3 days if that counts :D

Dunno what I'd do without it. If I had to, I'd buy another.

C64
10th January, 2009, 01:13 PM
I'll buy another one the day they announce a hack:)

As it stands just now the PS3 offers nothng to me.

Raven
10th January, 2009, 02:59 PM
@ witchy.....fair enough :)

@ cookycrumble.....3 day turnaround is very good, but couldn't you just have replaced the hard drive yourself with a much bigger one ? Apparently Sony made it really easy to swap out hard drives.

shady77
10th January, 2009, 03:02 PM
it is easy to swap hdd's on the ps3, but why should he if sony will do it for free?

Raven
10th January, 2009, 03:26 PM
Well he could have had it done and back playing his games within 5 minutes instead of 3 days I think that's reason enough.....plus if his PS3 ever developed a more serious fault that's when he could have made use of Sony.....like now I'm not sure if his console is under warranty as it's already been replaced.

dazza78
10th January, 2009, 04:29 PM
i wouldnt get rid of mine
im even looking at gettin another one to put in the bedroom
then i can get the wife to play online with me aswell
dazza

Raven
10th January, 2009, 04:48 PM
I just think it has the miles better exclusives the PS3....that's my opinion though, just like others will say the opposite as a matter of fact. To me the PS3 is a proper "next gen" console I mean it ticks all the right boxes with it's bluray format and other things and it looks and feels the business too. I do think it's operating system could be better though I'm not a huge fan of the PSP style navigation system.

I also think they need to release an update to have the PS3 do everything that the 360 can do in it's operating system...for example have amazing visuals on the music player screen, be able to play music tracks over the top of your games and stuff like that....the game install feature as it is in the 360 wouldn't work on the PS3 due to the size of bluray but technically PS3 already does game installs to the same effect of helping with load times and things....it's just done so in stages like with MGS4......which is cool because then you can have a 5 minute ciggie break along with snake lol - what a game by the way! :)

Uncharted, Motorstorm and MGS4 are honestly 3 of the best games I have played in a very long time.....certainly the best i've played since Ocarina Of Time and the orginal Metal Gear Solid....certainly for pure quality and fun.

CookieMcCrumble
10th January, 2009, 11:15 PM
I always wanted to upgrade the HDD, and when I phoned them about the problem they offered to fix it for free and give me a brand new 3 month warranty. I was even out of warranty when it broke - I got it on day one and I'd had it over 18 months by the time it broke.

So I got a refurbished console, and after having that one 3 months I've now got a 250gb HDD inside. Very easy to do.

When I lost the first one I lost all my saves... was gutted. Made sure I had a backup when I replaced the drive in the current one though :)