PDA

View Full Version : delay timer

teocr
17th January, 2012, 10:41 PM
hi everybody!
can anybody help me with a little problem ?

I need a circuit that delays an impulse signal for 2 to 5 seconds. I have searched the internet but I can?t find exactly what I need.
I will explain what I need these for: I want to make an automatic gate. you see, when the gates are closed, one is superposed on the other so these circuit will give time to the first gate to close before the second superposes on the first.
I don?t want to use interrupters and switches because I find them unreliable when exposed to the nature?s fury and I also want to reduce to the max the number of components that can brake due to weather conditions.
so if you have any suggestions relatively to the circuit I need please feel free to help m
thanks

jp_olli
18th January, 2012, 06:54 AM
555-timer is quite simple to do and you can adjust the delay quite easily.

There is a lot of example circuits in the web. :)

teocr
18th January, 2012, 11:26 AM
not the one I need
if you can find one, please share the link with me

teocr
23rd January, 2012, 06:47 PM
you can find one here:
Very simple Rocket Delay Timer - HD 1080p - YouTube

teocr
23rd January, 2012, 06:49 PM
thanks! it is perfect

daithi
23rd January, 2012, 08:46 PM
any chance ya can post up what your doing for others to see and maybe copy the idea and save a few quid for them

marvella
23rd January, 2012, 08:46 PM
It would be better to use feedback from the first gate to execute the second gates closing and vice verse just in case the first gate gets jammed or snow bound . And a simple logic circuit will not be time dependent and more cost effective in my opinion.