PDA

View Full Version : Best Vu+ box to get

pspmixer
18th January, 2012, 12:43 PM
iam looking at getting a vu+ box but wanted some questions and guidance on which one to get
which one can record and watch a channel at same time?
which one has full epg or as near as possible ?
can you get all 3pm kicks with the right dish with one?
best firmware to get from supplier - blackhole, openpli,vti, vix(based on openpli)
is it easy to install a hard drive in it if i decide not include one in my order from the supplier?

currently looking and comparing the vu+ uno / duo

cactikid
18th January, 2012, 09:43 PM
i like the vu+duo and got a 1tb hard drive added before flashing the vix image,great epg also,it does the job and more.

dell_xps
18th January, 2012, 09:57 PM
cactikid, I thought you sold yer Vu+ ?
Vu+ Duo all the way m8, doddle to use / setup.
HTH

cactikid
18th January, 2012, 10:09 PM
nope got a vu+duo and a vu solo,wanted a box to access my recordings on the duo from another part of the building.

dell_xps
18th January, 2012, 11:09 PM
Thought you sold a Vu for ?110 on WOS forum ?

freck
18th January, 2012, 11:18 PM
Go the whole hog and get the Ultima....triple tuner.
Record from 2 transponders and watch the other
Bit pricey tho
Freck

cactikid
18th January, 2012, 11:41 PM
no i stock pile my boxes,never sold any lol,at the moment the duo is in the bedroom waiting for the tv system to be put back in place in the main room,need to run extra cables in for sat and audio cables to another room.

RuberDuck
18th January, 2012, 11:48 PM
iam looking at getting a vu+ box but wanted some questions and guidance on which one to get
best firmware to get from supplier - blackhole, openpli,vti, vix(based on openpli)
is it easy to install a hard drive in it if i decide not include one in my order from the supplier?

currently looking and comparing the vu+ uno / duo

Technically both but as the Uno is only a single tuner box you can only record and watch channels on the same transponder at the same time.

Both do, this is not box dependent but rather image, plugin dependent.

For that you need the rite subscription package or access to some one that does, Thats about as far as i'm willing to comment on that topic.

Well thats a matter of individual taste, and as a ViX team member i would say go with ViX as this is what i use. i will also say your not going to know whats best for you until you try a few images your self.

Yes if you can install one into a PC or laptop it's just as easy to do the same on either of these boxes.

now i personally own both the Uno and the Duo and there both cracking boxes, you will not be sorry if you buy either but as your wanting to record and watch other channels at the same time go with the Duo. and go with a reputable seller such as WoS in case the worst ever does happen you will be glad of the after sales support and warranty etc.

pspmixer
19th January, 2012, 12:18 PM
thanks everyone for your comments will look to get this vu+ duo box with vix firmware

samoloko
27th January, 2012, 08:16 AM
as I know image and firmware are different things

Vix does not make firmware