PDA

View Full Version : Can SV4 USB record to a VCR

jkjassal
10th January, 2009, 11:27 AM
Hi, please advise if SV4 USB can record to a VCR. I changed VCR to AV2 (scart from SV4's VCR port goes to VCR port AV2) and then it only recorded sound of channel from SV4. SV4 channels show ok on TV. I can record to VCR from VM box.

I have changed modulation to PAL-I as other posts suggest but this alone has not enabled recording.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

hypersonic
10th January, 2009, 04:18 PM
jkjassal

I don't think you can use a VCR with the SV4 !
The SV4 is a digital receiver, whereas, a VCR is an analogue tape recorder. You can use a FAT32 hard disk, hi speed memory stick or a digital video recorder with the SV4.
hope this info helps;)

Phatmikey
14th January, 2009, 01:37 AM
He's talking about recording the TV signal from the scart socket.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to record onto an old-skool VCR via a scart lead, if it's just recording the sound then there might be a problem with the scart socket you are connecting it to, or maybe it's wired up in some weird way.

See if you can record onto the VCR using the scart socket that currently goes to the TV, if that works, maybe you can use some kind of splitter lead to connect the TV and VCR to the same output?

jkjassal
25th January, 2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks. It took a while but finally figured that scart lead was not getting seated right because I had also plugged in RF aerial wires into the SV4. These and scart ports are so close together that pulling the RF aerial wires allowed proper connection for scart leads.