PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Sattelites

DJDJDJ
10th January, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I have a mini dish currently pointed towards FreeSat/Astra 2 @ 28.2E. I have seen a lot of people talking about Astra 1 @ 19.2E. It seems at my current location I may not be getting all of the channel that I should be getting. I am using Technomate 5200D Super receiver.

My questions are; Should I point toward 19.2? What is the difference between them? Should I be using one that is better than the other one? I am located in East London.

Thank you.

.: JaCkPoT :.
10th January, 2009, 02:17 PM
19.2e is more of a french,german,spanish satellite..currently on that sat you will only get orf..thats it..not worth it now that premiere has gone.

benny/9
10th January, 2009, 04:42 PM
Hi,

I have a mini dish currently pointed towards FreeSat/Astra 2 @ 28.2E. I have seen a lot of people talking about Astra 1 @ 19.2E. It seems at my current location I may not be getting all of the channel that I should be getting. I am using Technomate 5200D Super receiver.

My questions are; Should I point toward 19.2? What is the difference between them? Should I be using one that is better than the other one? I am located in East London.

Thank you.
you need to forget about the mini dish it will get signals from the
stronger satellites, but in heavy rain or bad weather it will be useless
and you will loose all signals, this dish is for sky astra 28e only
what you need is a motorised dish system and i would say go for a 1mtr dish
that way you will get far more from your receiver plus if you also get a
diablo cam your everything thats open at this time

DJDJDJ
11th January, 2009, 12:07 AM
you need to forget about the mini dish it will get signals from the
stronger satellites, but in heavy rain or bad weather it will be useless
and you will loose all signals, this dish is for sky astra 28e only
what you need is a motorised dish system and i would say go for a 1mtr dish
that way you will get far more from your receiver plus if you also get a
diablo cam your everything thats open at this time

Benny, I am in a rental home so I am not sure if I am allowed to have a large dish here or not but I will check. Do you recommend any particular online retailer for this dish?

Thanks.

19.2e is more of a french,german,spanish satellite..currently on that sat you will only get orf..thats it..not worth it now that premiere has gone.

Thanks Sadiq. I will keep that in mind.

11th January, 2009, 12:53 AM
Benny, I am in a rental home so I am not sure if I am allowed to have a large dish here or not but I will check. Do you recommend any particular online retailer for this dish?

Thanks.

Thanks Sadiq. I will keep that in mind.

Do you have a zone 1 or zone2 dish? Where abouts are you located?
If your near london with a zone2 dish you will get 1west..that is currently the best sat..even better with a cam..

DJDJDJ
11th January, 2009, 08:59 AM
I guess I purchased the wrong dish. I have Zone 1 43cm Mini-Dish with a Quad LNB. :-(

11th January, 2009, 04:49 PM
did you buy the dish????r u near london??