PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo Stuck on Solid Red

cableguy2010
19th January, 2012, 03:46 PM
Hello Guys,

I upgraded to a new Vu Solo today and attempted to reflash the drive with with last Vix version using the usb method. It worked until i ran the auto update on the VIX software. The box froze and i attempted to update the bootloader and may have corrupted the system.

After some playing around im stuck with a solid red and have attempted to reflash it to no avail.

please help

cableguy2010
20th January, 2012, 01:30 PM
NO CURRENT FIX AT THE MOMENT!

Beware! For all new Div images you must update the bootloader first to run the new Kernel. The latest version as of this post is here

Vu Solo ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) 25-12-2011 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f188/vu-solo-vix-2-3-linux-3-1-1-25-12-2011-a-246307/)

If you fail to update the bootloader correctly the box will brick and there is not fix for it yet!

dell_xps
20th January, 2012, 01:46 PM
Yup flash kernal first then flash image, I feel yer pain m8 :-(
Maybe RD will be able to advise you better :-)

davito
4th March, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hello Guys,

I upgraded to a new Vu Solo today and attempted to reflash the drive with with last Vix version using the usb method. It worked until i ran the auto update on the VIX software. The box froze and i attempted to update the bootloader and may have corrupted the system.

After some playing around im stuck with a solid red and have attempted to reflash it to no avail.

please help

Same problem here , as fare i know i did everything by the rule :-(

dell_xps
4th March, 2012, 09:45 PM
Sure digicon posted a new file for that guys, these clones ?

davito
6th March, 2012, 10:32 PM
yes it`s a clone wich workt very good i must say.
I have green light back after reload the bootfile that`s on the internet, but something is wrong with the secretfile, i can not upgrade this bin file. it will not start loading
So box is not starting it restart every 3 minutes

dell_xps
6th March, 2012, 11:04 PM
Sorry m8, best to ask Digicon, he knows about clones.