PDA

View Full Version : why me? :(

C64
10th January, 2009, 01:20 PM
Owing to a dodgy radiator I've been trying not to use my car as much until I could get it sorted.

Finally today I arranged for my mechanic mate to fit the new radiator, so he arrives, removes the old one and fits the new one, we fill it up with coolant and water and guess what!?

The ~~~~ing thing is pissing water from the plastic side mounts! :(

Close inspection reveals a tiny hairline crack running along the seem of the two plastic moulded sections, I'm ~~~~ing livid. :(

I phone the place in Newcastle where I bought it (on eBay) and they tell me to return it for 'inspection', fair enough I suppose, but then he says "return it to us and we'll then return it to our supplier who will inspect it and decide wether or not you qualify for a refund" - so where does that leave me in the meantime? ~~~~ing stranded with a car with no radiator, ~~~~ knows how long it will take to get a refund/replacement.

Bastards.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!

thered
10th January, 2009, 01:29 PM
is it a bad leak ie water drains out instantly or just a more slower leak if its the latter crack a couple of eggs in the coolant tank m8 this should help plug the holes when it heats up at least get you about till a replacement shows up

sorry m8 didnt read it properley didnt realise you had to send it back first

C64
10th January, 2009, 01:35 PM
It's pissing out mate as soon as I put water into it. God knows what it would be like if the engine was on and the system under pressure.

It's not the actual metal partof the radiator thats faulty, it's the plastic sides, there is a flaw where the two halves of the plastic moulded part are joined together.

thered
10th January, 2009, 01:48 PM
looks like you have no options m8 but to wait for a replacement or get a new one and bide your time till you get refunded

any local scrapyards around your way you can ring round you may get a replacement today if its not to late some are open till about 3 round my way

at least you will be up and running till you get your money back which could end up taking weeks

shame cos they should be made accountable they should pay extra cos you will need the mechanic back out ect to fit it should be made to pay for a courtesy car too while your off road

i know you probably wont get any of it but try it on m8 you may get more back than you think put a bit of pressure on its worth asking the question

jimdollar
10th January, 2009, 06:17 PM
If you can find a really good radiator repair place(we have one in Falkirk)they could repair it properly , evn the ones that have plastic tops and bottoms, Jim.

cactikid
10th January, 2009, 10:11 PM
would not even think of buying a radiator off scrapyard as once air gets at them =short lived.plastic rads and their weakness is the plastic,motor factors also do rads.most scrapyards offer warranty of 7 days.