PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ clone

pspmixer
20th January, 2012, 02:29 PM
where can i get hold of a clone Vu+ box ?
are they any good as my mate wants one but can afford a original box
p.m if you cant comment link on here

cactikid
20th January, 2012, 10:07 PM
to be safer i would buy an original for the safety and backup,the clones may be ok but are only new to us so it may be a gamble,wos gets a good mention with backup.
have a read through the vu links on right as there are a few posts of interest.

RuberDuck
21st January, 2012, 11:42 AM
Most here will say i am anti cloned receivers. well thats not completely true. I would say that if your friend wants the Vu brand name why settle for a clone rather than the real thing ?. I know you listed cost as the reason but a clone retails for around ?190 and is largely untested, with dubious support and a even more dubious warranty or after sales support. where as the original while expensive at ?319 is a solid piece of kit that is tried and tested with full support and after sales care ( depending on who you buy the receiver from ).

now if you do go with a clone you also have to consider that they will always be on the back foot and you will have to be careful what images etc you use as the wrong one could lead to a non working box. personally i'd rather pay the little bit extra for the peace of mind that i know comes with going for a original tried and tested box from a very trustworthy retailer but hey thats just me.

cactikid
21st January, 2012, 01:59 PM
true rd if you want to own the vu name you want the product and not a copy thinking its as good,i cannot say how good or bad they are only the future may tell us.