PDA

View Full Version : zafira z18XE,2001,catalyst becomes red

daewo97
20th January, 2012, 03:51 PM
this car has a big problem,ECM has been replaced,because the original that could not start,now I have another one, from SH,starts very hard, has a unstable idle speed, and can not accelerate.after a few seconds, the catalyst becomes red,no fault code,I replaced the induction coil,without any good result.
Air mass senzor=9-10kg
SO.2 amonte=230-750mv
accelerator pedal is well seen,no false air absorbs....I do not know what to check, because almost all data correspond to the TIS 2000

Liteace
20th January, 2012, 04:12 PM
Have you checked exhaust pressure, the cat maybe blocked

daewo97
20th January, 2012, 04:19 PM
I removed for a few minutes, the catalyst, and the engine went as bad

Ashraf6119
20th January, 2012, 04:55 PM
Are you sure the car is not misfiring............? or, not running rich on fuel as any excessive fuel can also cause Catalyst to get Red............

daewo97
20th January, 2012, 07:23 PM
single failure: open circuit heating Lamda after catalyst,
mixture is rich-lean
O2 senzor 230-750mv,
If dismantle air connection, complete with air flow meter,no catalyst becomes red,and stabilizes idle speed,but, there is error code "air mass meter false signal",and the car has no power, if I want to move, the engine dies

Larue
20th January, 2012, 08:08 PM
What about engine timing? Have you checked that?

btr
21st January, 2012, 04:33 AM
this car has a big problem,ECM has been replaced,because the original that could not start,now I have another one, from SH,starts very hard, has a unstable idle speed, and can not accelerate.after a few seconds, the catalyst becomes red,no fault code,I replaced the induction coil,without any good result.
Air mass senzor=9-10kg
SO.2 amonte=230-750mv
accelerator pedal is well seen,no false air absorbs....I do not know what to check, because almost all data correspond to the TIS 2000
check knock sensor, injectors,rail pressure,crankshaft,camshaft impulses, impedance

PierreTheron
21st January, 2012, 07:21 AM
Had one the other day that did not rev up .
Was also hard to start.

I interchanged the relays in engine bay fusebox and car revved up.

daewo97
21st January, 2012, 10:50 AM
Monday dismantle injectors and send them to the test,to see if they are good

PierreTheron
21st January, 2012, 02:16 PM
Monday dismantle injectors and send them to the test,to see if they are good

Good idea .
Definately over fueling.

Check injector pulse duration at idle and compare to spec.

3.2mS

Replace engine coolant temp sender.

Check for broken off earths on engine ..