PDA

View Full Version : Updating my Channel List on Satellites - Help!

satlover276
20th January, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hi guys, i have a ET 9200 i am still a novice and trying so heard to learn everything so i don't have to annoy you all! I would really appreciate an easy list of instructions on how i can update my channels per satellite whether its one at a time or all at once doesnt bother me. whatever is easiest would be great. i would love to be able to receive new channels launched or moved transponder and also to get rid of the ones that have moved transponder or off air like dolltbuster etc...but i don't want to lose the way my channels are viewed on my receeiver like the different headings for each satellite 'movies' 'adult' 'sport' and generally how the satellite green button shows up the channels / services/new/package for each satellite. i dont know if they are updated automatically or whether i can do it easily...your help would be appreciated.

flyingpig
20th January, 2012, 10:20 PM
First off you need to download a program called DREAMBOX EDIT which is available on DK.

You set it up on your PC, and make sure your settings are correct ie. username, IP Address and password. Also select E2 as the setting. You can then check the settings are correct.

Once they are correct, you can download channels from your box. Once downloaded, you can ammend individual channels, change names, change boquet names. Once you are happy with your changes, you save, then send back to the receiver.

satlover276
20th January, 2012, 10:47 PM
is all that pretty easy to do? i'm really worried that i will end up deleting the channels i do have and end up with none!

flyingpig
22nd January, 2012, 05:23 PM
It is really easy to do. You download it from the STB, you can change it as much or as little as you want. Only then you save it, and if you happy, you can upload it back to the STB.

You won't delete nothing.

flyingpig
22nd January, 2012, 06:30 PM
Dreambox Edit Digital Kaos - Downloads - dreambox edit (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/services-bouquets/19/dreambox-edit-1980/)

blueflash234
23rd January, 2012, 10:48 AM
m8 the xtrend well the 9200 has a blind scan on it why not just scan the satellites you want and then you will have the updated list

garry1312
24th January, 2012, 02:06 AM
Been speaking to Satlover for some time now. Although he has experience within sat he is new to the linux/ enigma receivers.

I was wondering would the Catseye bouquets be best for him? I am fixed dish so there not bouquets that I have ever looked at so cant comment myself.

I think if these are suitable for his setup then it would be ideal for him in the meantime then later on he can decide if he wants to create his own bouquets or continue to use Catseye bouquets.

RuberDuck
24th January, 2012, 03:34 AM
catseye should be fine.

satlover276
25th January, 2012, 01:52 AM
thank you guys, now the hard part...actually updating the channel list when i've never done it before. will attempt it on saturday when i'm at home so i'll have the whole day to ask for help if i end up without any channels!

terrys
25th January, 2012, 09:51 PM
Hi this looks like just what I wanted to know, but the problem for me network set up.