PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall agila se

mickeyboy
21st January, 2012, 05:02 PM
bought this car second hand 2011 plate ,car ok ,but missing the puncture repair kit ,been back to the showroom ,think we are being fobbed off ,been over twice to them ,a few phone calls ,now we have to go over again because ,as the salesman said ,they have to physically look at the boot where it should be ,bear in mind this is a nissan garage ,are we being pissed about ? can we just order one ,and send them the bill ?

gc1966
21st January, 2012, 05:24 PM
are you being pissed about
surprised you actually need to ask the question (car off forecourt therefore out of sight out of mind)

can you just order one,short answer is yes,but they will not have to pay for it unless you have gave them ample opportunity to provide the kit.

mickeyboy
21st January, 2012, 05:28 PM
are you being pissed about
surprised you actually need to ask the question (car off forecourt therefore out of sight out of mind)

can you just order one,short answer is yes,but they will not have to pay for it unless you have gave them ample opportunity to provide the kit.

it will be 3 weeks on tuesday since we bought it ,we have phoned about 3 times ,called at showroom twice ,now we have to go back again next week ,if we do get a puncture ,are they liuable for tow truck ?

scooby5555
21st January, 2012, 06:52 PM
Send an email to them quoting the sales of good act, fit for purpose etc and you are rejecting the car and would like to return it stating you contacted them on x date (the date you first contacted them) copy in your local trading standards office google for address something like tradingstandards@xxxxxx.gov.uk.

Trading standards will refer you to consumer direct but at least your dealer will act once he see's Trading standards being copied in.

And YES they are jerking you around.

gc1966
21st January, 2012, 07:12 PM
Send an email to them quoting the sales of good act, fit for purpose etc and you are rejecting the car and would like to return it stating you contacted them on x date (the date you first contacted them) copy in your local trading standards office google for address something like tradingstandards@xxxxxx.gov.uk.

Trading standards will refer you to consumer direct but at least your dealer will act once he see's Trading standards being copied in.

And YES they are jerking you around.

the sealant in question costs roughly ?40 and may be missing cos it was used to repair a puncture by the previous owner so it unlikely that trading standards would uphold the fit for purpose angle, rejecting the car on what is a periferal issue such as this is a joke.

mickeyboy
21st January, 2012, 07:20 PM
ok ,we will see what happen's next week ...

scooby5555
22nd January, 2012, 02:55 AM
the sealant in question costs roughly ?40 and may be missing cos it was used to repair a puncture by the previous owner so it unlikely that trading standards would uphold the fit for purpose angle, rejecting the car on what is a periferal issue such as this is a joke.

Its not a joke though is it? Its a car without a spare wheel (assuming the Agila has a puncture repair instead of a spare), what happens when you have a puncture on a dark countryside road, he will have to get it towed or pay a premium for roadside repair.

Trading Standards wont look at it anyway as its a consumer direct issue, BUT its the impact it will have and grab their attention thus giving them an incentive to rectify, at the moment the only incentive they have is saving a few quid. Lets just say I have some experiance from both sides :embarassed:

mickeyboy
22nd January, 2012, 10:09 AM
Its not a joke though is it? Its a car without a spare wheel (assuming the Agila has a puncture repair instead of a spare), what happens when you have a puncture on a dark countryside road, he will have to get it towed or pay a premium for roadside repair.

Trading Standards wont look at it anyway as its a consumer direct issue, BUT its the impact it will have and grab their attention thus giving them an incentive to rectify, at the moment the only incentive they have is saving a few quid. Lets just say I have some experiance from both sides :embarassed:

your right ,there is no spare scooby ,this is the wife's car ,i cannot drive ...what gets me ,why would a mechanic have to see the compartment where the repair kit should be ?

gc1966
22nd January, 2012, 10:13 AM
you stated quote the sale of goods act,it does not hold water to use this course of action and rejection on these grounds is unwarranted.
the car does not have a spare wheel but is sold (when new) with a puncture repair kit
when sold second hand it had a inflated wheel on each corner.

it is not the salesmans job to check if it has the repair kit in the boot
they have asked to inspect it so let them.
he should take the car to them and let them see for themselves and i am quite sure this will be resolved to mickeyboys satisfaction.

mickeyboy
22nd January, 2012, 10:51 AM
you stated quote the sale of goods act,it does not hold water to use this course of action and rejection on these grounds is unwarranted.
the car does not have a spare wheel but is sold (when new) with a puncture repair kit
when sold second hand it had a inflated wheel on each corner.

it is not the salesmans job to check if it has the repair kit in the boot
they have asked to inspect it so let them.
he should take the car to them and let them see for themselves and i am quite sure this will be resolved to mickeyboys satisfaction.

right ,we bought the car ,and a handover man was in charge for checking everything ,we signed to say we were satisfied ,why wouldn't we ?.got the car home,checked it ,no repair kit ,phoned the show room ,he said check again ,we did ,then we went back to showroom ,salesman had a look ,said he would sort it out ,phoned again after a week ,he said mechanic needs to see it ????

gc1966
22nd January, 2012, 11:28 AM
right ,we bought the car ,and a handover man was in charge for checking everything ,we signed to say we were satisfied ,why wouldn't we ?.got the car home,checked it ,no repair kit ,phoned the show room ,he said check again ,we did ,then we went back to showroom ,salesman had a look ,said he would sort it out ,phoned again after a week ,he said mechanic needs to see it ????

ok m8,
this is a nissan accredited garage,not dodgy daves motors

legally,they have no need to provide the repair kit on a second hand car but if you had noticed it before pick up they would have sorted it (i hope)

all i am saying is be nice to them and in turn i think a measure of goodwill will be reciprocated and a repair kit will be given to you.

let us know how you go on pal

mickeyboy
22nd January, 2012, 11:46 AM
ok m8,
this is a nissan accredited garage,not dodgy daves motors

legally,they have no need to provide the repair kit on a second hand car but if you had noticed it before pick up they would have sorted it (i hope)

all i am saying is be nice to them and in turn i think a measure of goodwill will be reciprocated and a repair kit will be given to you.

let us know how you go on pal

will do mate

Snowy79
22nd January, 2012, 12:36 PM
Ask for the service manager and tell him you want a contact point at head office to send an official complaint. The dealerships get fined by head office if they issue complaints.

I provide spare keys for a lot of them, due to them selling cars without a second key. If head office have to tell them to provide one they get fined. Some of the customers have been waiting months and just get fobbed off by the Salesmen. This wakes them up.

mickeyboy
22nd January, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ask for the service manager and tell him you want a contact point at head office to send an official complaint. The dealerships get fined by head office if they issue complaints.

I provide spare keys for a lot of them, due to them selling cars without a second key. If head office have to tell them to provide one they get fined. Some of the customers have been waiting months and just get fobbed off by the Salesmen. This wakes them up.

thanks for that info snowy ,will bear that in mind when we go next week ..:call:

cactikid
22nd January, 2012, 02:09 PM
plenty of cars now have no spare,yes its a joke,sealant and compressor can be a joke if your tyre gets gashed so i would always say to those owners have credit in phone,charged,and a towing service listed in phone,did you check if wheelbrace and jack work?

mickeyboy
22nd January, 2012, 02:16 PM
yep they are in ,might just buy a spare tyre

gc1966
22nd January, 2012, 02:24 PM
yep they are in ,might just buy a spare tyre

in the long run that might not be a bad thing,the sealant fills the gap but effectively wrecks the tyre.
if you had a nail in the tread you could not then get it repaired as the sealant bonds to the tyre wall
this makes a ten pound puncture into an 80 pound tyre replacement.