PDA

View Full Version : saab 93 1.9tid 150hp fuse and relay location guide.??

aidyk
21st January, 2012, 09:11 PM
car came in today takes 20 mins to get it started no engine check light and traction light on with no comms. after a while of trying it evenyually goes.
if i had a location chart for relays etc it would be a start, and if someone has came across this before it would be even better :)

Ashraf6119
21st January, 2012, 10:50 PM
The Fuse and Relay layout for Saab 93 and Vectra C are almost same so, have a look on AD under Vectra C you will get some idea..............

dopsleutel13
22nd January, 2012, 12:06 PM
no engine check light and traction light on with no comms

If there is no communication ! cheque the connector for cd changer behind trim left in the trunk (Usually a short circuit by water infiltration) white and green can-line !
:D

dopsleutel13
22nd January, 2012, 02:26 PM
Fuses and more are in the Owners manual ..
I have some uploaded to rapidshare .
https://rapidshare.com/files/414818904/Saab_9-3_and_9-5_Owner_s_Manual_2000-2004.rar
No pasword needed . :D

aidyk
27th January, 2012, 01:15 AM
If there is no communication ! cheque the connector for cd changer behind trim left in the trunk (Usually a short circuit by water infiltration) white and green can-line !
there is no cd changer in boot .
there is also a problem with steering lock its not working but this has been non functioning for a long time. car starts everytime cold but usually messes around when warmed up and left for 10 mins etc, then it can up to half hour to see engine check light again to allow start up.
anyone any ideas please.?

dopsleutel13
27th January, 2012, 10:50 AM
there is no cd changer in boot .
That's the problem my frind ,the connector is hanging and get wet ! :D
Dit you look at the connector ?

aidyk
28th January, 2012, 07:11 PM
That's the problem my frind ,the connector is hanging and get wet ! :D
Dit you look at the connector ?
iis it a black connector with a red cable black cable and 2 sets of twisted wires im assumming these are the can lines.?
connector is taped back to another loom.? i didnt look wet or have any signs of corrosion on it to be honest. maybe im not at the correct cable. ill take a picture if need be. thanks

dopsleutel13
28th January, 2012, 08:42 PM
Can cables are Green and White and working between two and five volt (when it's shorted or 12 volts then it's faulty)

Communications goes thru the abs unit to the engine ecu .
So, if the abs ecu is faulty the engine ecu gets no information from the steering-lock ecu and stops working.

From wich year is the car then i can give you an true electric scheme from Can system !

aidyk
29th January, 2012, 09:16 PM
Can cables are Green and White and working between two and five volt (when it's shorted or 12 volts then it's faulty)

Communications goes thru the abs unit to the engine ecu .
So, if the abs ecu is faulty the engine ecu gets no information from the steering-lock ecu and stops working.

From wich year is the car then i can give you an true electric scheme from Can system !
car is 2005 my friend, thanks for helping.
also how many pins in cd changer plug.?

dopsleutel13
29th January, 2012, 10:51 PM
car is 2005
forget the cd changer connecor (because by this car it's fiberglass)
In your car is an Fiat/Alfa 1.9 jtd diesel with edc16 engine management .
I have sent you a mail for saab manual.
Saab powerbus systeem ..
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/7687/powerbussaab.jpg