PDA

View Full Version : DDEC 6 and 10 REPROGRAMMING

ddmech
23rd January, 2012, 03:14 AM
A lot of us have had great success with reprogramming older detroit ecms with dct.I would like to start this thread for reproramming the newer ecms and modules.Please keep the license request in the proper treads.Any information no matter how trivial about connecting to and reprogramming the ddec 6 and 10 is needed.Good luck to everyone working on this and thanks to you all!

ddmech
23rd January, 2012, 04:03 AM
Willtry to start this off.Here is ddec 6 and 10 application and installation manuals.Enjoy friends.

https://rapidshare.com/files/856054344/DDECVIAI.rar

https://rapidshare.com/files/1066683059/DDECXAI.rar

ddmech
26th January, 2012, 01:54 AM
Is every one stonewalled on these or is it just me?

ddtech
26th January, 2012, 03:09 AM
dont no where to start from lol.. this is going to be much difficult ... how ever there is ddde on dk... i tryed to overwrite or change hi and low parameters and it works.

Vitamin
26th January, 2012, 02:00 PM
DDEC VI @ S60 and DDEC 10 @ DD13/15 are the Mercedes MCM-s so we need in the DDDE and MB's *.cff flash files to work with

ddmech
26th January, 2012, 04:24 PM
Ive just started working with these myself.I have ddde and it all seems to be working fine exept when I go to make a change.I get an error message that it cant read the password.Is anyone else having these issues?

mang5087
26th January, 2012, 06:39 PM
Ive just started working with these myself.I have ddde and it all seems to be working fine exept when I go to make a change.I get an error message that it cant read the password.Is anyone else having these issues?

Yes I did, had to change cpc. To solve that problem.
Hope this helps thanks for starting this thread.

ddmech
27th January, 2012, 01:34 AM
Thanks brother.That gives me a place to start.I am getting a lot more calls on these newer engines.Hope this thread is a benifit to us all.
What did you do?Just have a cpc flashed with no password?

joeseph666
27th January, 2012, 09:03 AM
Never having heard of a .CFF file...
Ok... a few minutes with Google:
.CFF files are CAESAR Flash Format.
Hail Caeser!!!

Seems Vector.com has some position in this. This pdf is a few years old... but might give some insights.
http://www.vector.com/portal/medien/cmc/press/PDG/On_a_Solid_Base_AutomotiveElectronics_200509_Press Article_EN.pdf

It mentions a lot of vector products...
CANdelaFlash and CANdelaStudio and a slew of others.
Also mentions Detroit Diesel and FreightLiner.

elslow
27th January, 2012, 09:19 AM
I AM TRYING TO RESET THE DPF ASH ACUMALATOR ON DD15
I HAVE DDDL 7.07 I GET ERROR CAN ANY BODY HELP
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

mang5087
27th January, 2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks brother.That gives me a place to start.I am getting a lot more calls on these newer engines.Hope this thread is a benifit to us all.
What did you do?Just have a cpc flashed with no password?

I found a used cpc off same model truck 08 western star.
This one let's me change some parameter's now, without
Giving password negative response error. Thanks

Vitamin
28th January, 2012, 12:51 AM
DD is MB now - look at a part numbers DD S60 (6067HG6E) has DDEC VI (MB # A0054467840), DD13 (MB 471.915) - DDEC 10 (MB # A0074463440), DD15 (MB 472.907) - DDEC 10 (MB # A007446344) and they use *.cff flash files. That thread should be 'MB Reprogramming'

amishmafia00
28th January, 2012, 02:36 PM
I wish I had one of these engines to plaly with. If I ever do you'll know whatever I learn

shisik
30th January, 2012, 07:35 AM
DDEC VI @ S60 and DDEC 10 @ DD13/15 are the Mercedes MCM-s so we need in the DDDE and MB's *.cff flash files to work with

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f166/detroit-diesel-drumroll-engineering-231445/index3.html#post1372692

virus303
31st January, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hi all, I'm having difficulty with extracting the calibration file from a 2011 model DD15.
I need to get access to the general password so I can change some parameters but am restricted
due to not knowing what it is. Further to this, I am the owner of the truck and tryed calling
up Detroit Diesel Australia and they said the password is classified and will only be issued
to the local RTA (Roads Traffic Authority) upon request, otherwise the customer isn't allowed to
have it. I was a bit shocked by the response as I did purchase the vehicle and I do own it.

I am using DDRS v7.07, Engineering Level. When I open up the Electronics Suite, it tell me
it is currently connected to a DDEC 6 engine. The truck is brand new and not even registered
on the road yet. Hence, it has never been tampered with before. When I go to change any parameter
it gives me an error about the general password. When I go to Change Passwords -> CPC2, I enter in
0000 in the old password but it keeps saying incorrect password. If I click on Backdoor, it
gives me an error instead of the dialog box with the backdoor details.

Is anyone else having this issue or am I doing something wrong?

P.S. how do you extract the calibration from within DDRS?
Here are the engine details.
If anyone has the default .cal file for it, please send it my way.

Engine ID: Make DTDSC
Engine ID: Model, Engine Serial, Unit No. 472N07*S0089602* *
Hardware Supplier: Information Siemens VDO
Hardware Version: Patch Level 0
Hardware Version: Week 25
Hardware Version: Year 11
Engine Serial Number: 472907S0089602

Thanks

shisik
31st January, 2012, 12:56 PM
Hi all, I'm having difficulty with extracting the calibration file from a 2011 model DD15.
I need to get access to the general password so I can change some parameters but am restricted
due to not knowing what it is. Further to this, I am the owner of the truck and tryed calling
up Detroit Diesel Australia and they said the password is classified and will only be issued
to the local RTA (Roads Traffic Authority) upon request, otherwise the customer isn't allowed to
have it. I was a bit shocked by the response as I did purchase the vehicle and I do own it.

I am using DDRS v7.07, Engineering Level. When I open up the Electronics Suite, it tell me
it is currently connected to a DDEC 6 engine. The truck is brand new and not even registered
on the road yet. Hence, it has never been tampered with before. When I go to change any parameter
it gives me an error about the general password. When I go to Change Passwords -> CPC2, I enter in
0000 in the old password but it keeps saying incorrect password. If I click on Backdoor, it
gives me an error instead of the dialog box with the backdoor details.

Is anyone else having this issue or am I doing something wrong?

P.S. how do you extract the calibration from within DDRS?
Here are the engine details.
If anyone has the default .cal file for it, please send it my way.

Engine ID: Make DTDSC
Engine ID: Model, Engine Serial, Unit No. 472N07*S0089602* *
Hardware Supplier: Information Siemens VDO
Hardware Version: Patch Level 0
Hardware Version: Week 25
Hardware Version: Year 11
Engine Serial Number: 472907S0089602

Thanks

easier to change the password
check carefully read and write = 3 !!!!!!!

virus303
31st January, 2012, 02:01 PM
checked ... see attached image

Cheers

R

shisik
31st January, 2012, 02:56 PM
checked ... see attached image

Cheers

R

parameters must change
get the password for DDEC 6 very simply :-P

virus303
31st January, 2012, 03:18 PM
You say get password for DDEC 6 is very simple, but for me if very difficult as I cant even extract a calibration file from the ECM.

Some steps or examples would be great or even how to get a calibration out of a DDEC 6 engine. The rest I can do.

joeseph666
31st January, 2012, 05:10 PM
parameters must change
get the password for DDEC 6 very simply :-P

Shisik... Very simply...
You have my attention...
Please explain the simple way

shisik
31st January, 2012, 08:30 PM
Shisik... Very simply...
You have my attention...
Please explain the simple way

as soon as a DDEC 6 will make screenshots
there are no nearby DDEC 6

virus303
2nd February, 2012, 04:42 AM
Does anyone know the default Detroit Diesel password for the DD13, DD15 and DD16 series engines? Before anyone replies, it's not 0000 or 1111 or 00000 or 11111.

ddmech
2nd February, 2012, 04:49 AM
Ive tried those too with no luck.

virus303
2nd February, 2012, 05:05 AM
I noticed something in the DDEC VI guide that if you put just 0 in the password box, it disables the password protection until you turn off and then turn on the ignition. I'll be heading to the workshop shortly and try it out.

virus303
2nd February, 2012, 05:07 AM

Check the attached.

joeseph666
3rd February, 2012, 01:02 AM
I noticed something in the DDEC VI guide that if you put just 0 in the password box, it disables the password protection until you turn off and then turn on the ignition. I'll be heading to the workshop shortly and try it out.
On a cpc2... There are a few scenarios... when you enter the Parameters->Configure Passwords->CPC2.

1. The password mechanism is disabled.
(Then you will only have 1 password box... named New Password)

2. There is an existing password.
(Then you will see 2 "password" boxes. Old Password, New Password)

On a cpc2... with a 4 digit password enabled... I can confirm that entering a 0 in the Old Password box does NOT do anything except give an error. If you enter a zero in the New Password box... the okay button will be greyed out until you put Something in the Old Password box. If you put the valid password in the Old Password box... and a zero in the New Password box... you will change the password to just 1 Zero. If you put nothing in the New Password box... it comes back saying Password for Protection List Item(Number 1-7) Successfully Cleared.

Nice Try.

joeseph666
3rd February, 2012, 01:12 AM
Does anyone know the default Detroit Diesel password for the DD13, DD15 and DD16 series engines? Before anyone replies, it's not 0000 or 1111 or 00000 or 11111.
I guess you mean the 2008 and later Ddec VI ecms.
I think there is No Default... as these being MB computers... they have the option to require no password at all... which was not the way Detroit did things. As far as I know... I have never seen a Detroit ecm without a Factory Default of 4 zeros. No password required is very easy to do in these MB ecms. Just provide the old password, and put nothing in the new password... and it will clear the password.

joeseph666
3rd February, 2012, 01:15 AM
Has anyone on here (DK) at least flashed one of these ecms yet?

virus303
3rd February, 2012, 08:57 AM
Your absolutely correct, everything you mentioned in the last few posts I attempted prior to reading them. One thing that I found odd is that I set password Level 2 to 0000 and it allowed me to do it. But when I went back to change that password from 0000 to 1111, it said that the old password was incorrect. Then I tried the same thing on Level 3 and got incorrect old password. Whenever I press the backdoor button, it gives me an error dialog. I've tried it with DDDL 7.06 and 7.07 and with DDDE 7.06. Identical error in both programs. I'm starting to think Detroit are using other software to reprogram? Possibly a tool from MB?

virus303
3rd February, 2012, 09:16 AM
This is the error that's being displayed when I press the backdoor button. There is a mention about this being a nexiq driver issue in another topic on this forum and I have installed the latest drivers but I'm still getting the same error on 2 different laptops. 101424

Any help or assistance is welcome.

shisik
3rd February, 2012, 10:16 AM
This is the error that's being displayed when I press the backdoor button. There is a mention about this being a nexiq driver issue in another topic on this forum and I have installed the latest drivers but I'm still getting the same error on 2 different laptops. 101424

Any help or assistance is welcome.

I encountered this personally )
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f165/dd15-dpf-ash-clean-code-228988/

virus303
3rd February, 2012, 11:32 AM
How did you fix it? I installed the nexiq USB drivers you put a link to but it didn't solve my problem. I'm at the point of either giving up or trading the truck in for a cummins or cat.

joeseph666
3rd February, 2012, 05:33 PM
Yes I did, had to change cpc. To solve that problem.
Hope this helps thanks for starting this thread.

Virus303,
What mang5087 did here was to put a cpc in the truck that had no passwords enabled. That was so he could change the mcm parameters.

The DK tools for Detroit do not work on a password protected cpc ecm. I posted about this back when the first 7.06 dddl came out here on DK. It does not matter if you know the correct password, it cannot be entered, as you are seeing. To make matters even more complicated... The crackers cannot debug this without an ECM hooked to the program. They would need a cpc, a bench cable, and maybe a mcm as well.

joeseph666
3rd February, 2012, 06:50 PM
The only way I know of for you to change a password, or remove the existing password... is to install dddl to a machine that has never had it installed... and use the 30 day trial mode.

Then you will see, that all your hardware is working correctly. If you know the password to the cpc, enter it in the old password box, and leave the new password blank... and all security for that level will be removed. Make sure all levels are cleared... then using the DK tools will work for you.

But you said earlier that you did not know the password, and that Detroit Diesel Australia said it would not give YOU the password... but some Road Authority could get it... WOW... I find that hard to believe. Have you tried bringing the truck to a Dealer to remove the passwords? I would get a second opinion on that... even at Detroit Diesel Australia. If you folks "down under" have computers in your vehicles that only the government and the manufacturer can make any changes to... then by all means... get a truck with a Cummins inside. But Cat is out of the business for on highway trucks.

Forget about extracting the calibration out of these trucks... unless someone chimes in here about it.

shisik
9th February, 2012, 01:10 PM
for the lazy )))
Read pass DDEC VI

joeseph666
10th February, 2012, 03:21 AM
Shisik,

Maybe I missed the point... but unless you are saying the password for the ecm is 0000... and it was showing it to you... it didn't show me mine when it was not 0000. It just kept showing 0000, well, except once it showed me a 4 digit code in level 3. I'll keep playing with it... but maybe I am just too much of a novice.

Thanks for trying to help me(us) out though.

shisik
10th February, 2012, 07:41 AM
is giving the password of the CPC and MCM if the password in the CPC disabled = = "0000"

jackalfa
10th February, 2012, 08:08 AM
I'm working in a truck trying to do a Parked Regeneration, but truck runs indefinitely the routine, after a few minutes shows fault code Doser Fuel Supply Pressure Abnormal 3480/1.

The Fuel Doser Injector Valve has been replaced and the fuel compensation pressure sensor at the Doser block assembly but still same situation. I'm suspecting that the Doser block assembly needs to be replaced but I can't find information on how to test it or know if it really is foulty.
Anyone has experience how to fix this error code (SPN 3480/FMI 1)?
I already try it the Doser Fuel Line Purge Service Routine, checked fuel leaks and exhaust leaks.

A good "shop talk" advice is very welcome (please).

Thanks and regards...

10th February, 2012, 08:23 AM
Post your log file of the regen andit logging the code this will help me help u

ricz
11th February, 2012, 03:02 PM
I'm working in a truck trying to do a Parked Regeneration, but truck runs indefinitely the routine, after a few minutes shows fault code Doser Fuel Supply Pressure Abnormal 3480/1.

The Fuel Doser Injector Valve has been replaced and the fuel compensation pressure sensor at the Doser block assembly but still same situation. I'm suspecting that the Doser block assembly needs to be replaced but I can't find information on how to test it or know if it really is foulty.
Anyone has experience how to fix this error code (SPN 3480/FMI 1)?
I already try it the Doser Fuel Line Purge Service Routine, checked fuel leaks and exhaust leaks.

A good "shop talk" advice is very welcome (please).

Thanks and regards...

I don't have a lot of experience with these engines, but here is how to troubleshoot code. :ridinghorse:

jackalfa
5th March, 2012, 07:08 PM
Hi members, I'm trying to communicate with a '09 Freigh Cascadia DD15. The truck starts, it needs a parked regeneration but I can do it because I can connect to the truck's ECM.
Any ideas on what to do or test?
Can I connect the interface directly to the ECM harness? Which pins or wires I need to check?
Thanks...

ddmech
6th March, 2012, 03:37 AM
Jack,there is an A&I manual for ddec 6 with your dddl.It will show your schematics and wire positions for your plug.Just find your 1708 data link wires and you should be able to connect that way.Good luck.

jackalfa
6th March, 2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks ddmech, I spend most of the day checking wires continuity trying to find out why the ECM do not connect to DL, I found out that the CPC module can get connected trough J1708 (I used Reports and it worked) but not in J1939. I know that both, CPC and MCM, must be connected in order to diagnose the truck and that it must be in the J1939 connection. Tomorrow I'm going to check the CPC conector that goes to the MCM. A Cascadia wiring diagrams it really can help me a lot to troubleshot the truck. If someone can upload the wiring diagram, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regards

jackalfa
8th March, 2012, 10:45 PM
Anyone has a DD15 Cascadia wiring diagram?

ddmech
9th March, 2012, 12:47 AM
Jack,do a search for cascadia workshop manual.If the links are still up there was one posted by richard ortiz.If you cant get it let me know and I will see if I have it downloaded someplace.

jackalfa
10th March, 2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks ddtech, I found the post you said but links are dead, can you upload them please.
thanks for you help...

jackalfa
26th March, 2012, 09:21 PM
Shisik,

Maybe I missed the point... but unless you are saying the password for the ecm is 0000... and it was showing it to you... it didn't show me mine when it was not 0000. It just kept showing 0000, well, except once it showed me a 4 digit code in level 3. I'll keep playing with it... but maybe I am just too much of a novice.

Thanks for trying to help me(us) out though.

I has been "playing" (with caution) with DDDE but not luck either.
I hope someone come up with the parameter value we need (pw) and we can't see until this day...
best regards members...

jackalfa
23rd April, 2012, 06:22 PM
Pleaase, anyone has re-programed a DDEC 6 or 10 with DK tools?

If it's possible, someone can share a calibration for a DDEC 6 6067HG6E 14L with 515HP 1550lb-ft?

This is the original cal in a truck but there are other 2 trucks with the same engine but with a calib with a rating of 445HP 1450lb-ft, the difference in performance and burned diesel are big.

Thanks friends...

Emgo
24th April, 2012, 12:48 AM
I'm thinking of starting a new thread about this, but since backdoor passwords have been discussed in this thread I'll ask here first. Do you super intelligent and good looking members of The DK Garage think it would be possible to figure out, reverse engineer the math formula that Detroit uses to generate the backdoor password from the A and B seed numbers if we have several examples to work with.
The last one I got is below.

A 1091437318 B 11139 Backdoor Password 3588200455

I know it's a long shot but there are people here on DK that are really good at this stuff. The folks at the Detroit 800 number have always given me the back door password and they have been nice. But sometimes I'm on hold for 20 minutes. Like Einstein said "time is money" or something like that. If we post these numbers is likely someone could figure this out after we get several to work with?

Emgo

joeseph666
24th April, 2012, 06:09 AM
I'm thinking of starting new thread about this, but since backdoor passwords have been discussed in this thread I'll ask here first. Do you super intelligent and good looking members of The DK Garage think it would be possible to figure out, reverse engineer the math formula that Detroit uses to generate the backdoor password from the A and B seed numbers if we have a several examples.

I know it's a long shot but there are people here on DK that are really good at this stuff. The folks at the Detroit 800 number have always given me the back door password and they have been nice. But sometimes I'm on hold for 20 minutes. Like Einstein said "time is money" or something like that. If we post these numbers is likely someone could figure this out after we get several to work with?

Emgo

Good questions,

Didn't they also need the vin number ? Engine serial number?
Also, when the conditions that wipe out the password happen,
how does the next set of seeds change? On Ddec 4 & 5, everytime
I clicked the backdoor password button, it seemed only the 2 rightmost
characters changed... And they changed by adding 16 to the last values.

Emgo
24th April, 2012, 01:30 PM
Good questions,

Didn't they also need the vin number ? Engine serial number?
Also, when the conditions that wipe out the password happen,
how does the next set of seeds change? On Ddec 4 & 5, everytime
I clicked the backdoor password button, it seemed only the 2 rightmost
characters changed... And they changed by adding 16 to the last values.

They always ask for my name, the last 6 of the VIN number and I usually give them the company's name that owns the truck. I think they need the info so Detroit can record who they gave the info to. I doubt if has anything to do with generating the backdoor password.

I'm amazed at what the guys here on DK do with a dump from a chip. I'm interested in learning more about it and this thread is what got me thinking.

https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f174/please-explain-me-247942/

Now that you mention the seed numbers change by 16 that could indicate the seed numbers maybe binary / hex related.

Emgo
2nd May, 2012, 12:52 PM
Is there a way to disable the Idle timer on a 2007 MBE4000 DDEC VI ? With DDRS you have the option to increase the idle time up to 5000 seconds but my customer wants to completely disable the idle shut down timer.

Thanks,
Emgo.

joeseph666
2nd May, 2012, 08:56 PM
Emgo,

I think there is an idle/pto folder in dddl. It would be in there if it is there.

nhatkhai
3rd May, 2012, 06:34 AM
Pleaase, anyone has re-programed a DDEC 6 or 10 with DK tools?

If it's possible, someone can share a calibration for a DDEC 6 6067HG6E 14L with 515HP 1550lb-ft?

This is the original cal in a truck but there are other 2 trucks with the same engine but with a calib with a rating of 445HP 1450lb-ft, the difference in performance and burned diesel are big.

Thanks friends...

I have 1 on a truck at the shop, will pull it tomorrow and shoot it up, let me make sure it matches the model though, it is a 2006 late model 14 liter with 515 1550 lbs though, let me know if this is what you want

joeseph666
3rd May, 2012, 07:27 AM
2006 would be a ddec V ecm. You would need a 2008 or later.

Emgo
3rd May, 2012, 12:50 PM
I have 1 on a truck at the shop, will pull it tomorrow and shoot it up, let me make sure it matches the model though, it is a 2006 late model 14 liter with 515 1550 lbs though, let me know if this is what you want

As joeseph666 says that should be DDEC V. the one I'm working on is MBE DDEC VI. I can't remember the folder name but it's something like joeseph666 mentioned. The idle shutdown timer is there but I can only adjust the time between 1 and 5000 seconds. I want to disable the shutdown timer so it never shuts the engine off.

Thanks,
Emgo

4th May, 2012, 02:05 AM
As joeseph666 says that should be DDEC V. the one I'm working on is MBE DDEC VI. I can't remember the folder name but it's something like joeseph666 mentioned. The idle shutdown timer is there but I can only adjust the time between 1 and 5000 seconds. I want to disable the shutdown timer so it never shuts the engine off.

Thanks,
Emgo

emgo upload the par files for the mcm and cpc
maybe this can not be done becuase its not clean idle
calibrated ddc made it so even if u disable idle timer still will
shut down unless u programe to for a clean idle programe then with idle for ever but only at 800 rpm

Emgo
7th May, 2012, 07:10 PM
shut down unless u programe to for a clean idle programe then with idle for ever but only at 800 rpm

I'll try and get the truck back in this week and take another look at it. Thanks for for your help.

I also found a DDEC VI Reference that has some good info. On page 22 it has some information about idle shut down I don't remember seeing in the parameters.

DDEC_VI_Reference_Guide.pdf (http://email.mediafire.com/wf/click?upn=HPhC1iM6lU-2BsfzyLkWOhf0-2B-2FGfd9phTAX-2Fr-2FrYUuUfB3b69uvP6nEhfsNomaHrJ5SyoIW4-2Bhv3fT1YzQ75ch7Q-3D-3D_uqQ-2By96wljyDB1TTcxrrfmwsYFDhXFyQMEeufPd1X2HpLdrR1I-2FO23ElhNSyDmKWIX7tiaI-2FHAozSorcBGRZaDBlO4m2Lk4YdvKnOJXOzzkw5KtR5F5SOvsn MBkwHYlBafhg14t7BrBQBw4sYN1Jld1v54JXIZcngk44joYx-2Fu4-3D)

Emgo

joeseph666
7th May, 2012, 07:32 PM

Upload the par files? Would that be for just parameters...?
I think I can figure that out... but maybe you know of a way to get the calibration file out from a ddec VI. I saw one posted here on dk once... for a ddec VI. (I should have asked the guy how he got it out!)

jackalfa
15th May, 2012, 11:56 PM
I have the same problems with one truck the setting is in "disable" but same thing, it shut down the truck.
Thanks 12345678910 for the info. Then the truck it will shut down, no matter if we program the ECM to "disable" the shut down, unless the truck has a calibration for clean idle. Correct?

LivinLife
16th May, 2012, 06:25 PM
I'm trying to flash the MCM with ROM v7.6.8.0 but I am getting the error:
"Data Interface: 05016: DiagService not found"

Anybody ever have this issue? is the the DDDE software or is the the MCM? I know the MCM doesn't report back with a version on it, like it's been corrupted, but it still communicates with DDDE.

LivinLife
21st June, 2012, 11:52 PM
On a cpc2... There are a few scenarios... when you enter the Parameters->Configure Passwords->CPC2.

1. The password mechanism is disabled.
(Then you will only have 1 password box... named New Password)

2. There is an existing password.
(Then you will see 2 "password" boxes. Old Password, New Password)

On a cpc2... with a 4 digit password enabled... I can confirm that entering a 0 in the Old Password box does NOT do anything except give an error. If you enter a zero in the New Password box... the okay button will be greyed out until you put Something in the Old Password box. If you put the valid password in the Old Password box... and a zero in the New Password box... you will change the password to just 1 Zero. If you put nothing in the New Password box... it comes back saying Password for Protection List Item(Number 1-7) Successfully Cleared.

Nice Try.

This does not work for me to clear the password. What tool (ddrs,ddde, etc) and what version are you using?

LivinLife
21st June, 2012, 11:55 PM
How did you fix it? I installed the nexiq USB drivers you put a link to but it didn't solve my problem. I'm at the point of either giving up or trading the truck in for a cummins or cat.

DDDL version 7.06/7.07 gave me that error. But when I unistalled them and tried version 7.00 it worked.

LivinLife
22nd June, 2012, 12:01 AM
I have flashed the MCM with DDDE to Software version 7.6.8.0

But now the Fuelmap Part Number and Description are blank. :(
And I don't have the option to flash a new Fuel map into the MCM.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to flash a fuel map?

Thecell
9th February, 2013, 06:48 AM
I'm thinking of starting a new thread about this, but since backdoor passwords have been discussed in this thread I'll ask here first. Do you super intelligent and good looking members of The DK Garage think it would be possible to figure out, reverse engineer the math formula that Detroit uses to generate the backdoor password from the A and B seed numbers if we have several examples to work with.

Emgo
Do they work with DD15 ECM's?

cumminsisx
10th February, 2013, 06:32 PM
any1 has the keygen for dddl 7.9 for back door pasword

Belefronte
18th February, 2013, 06:21 PM
there is a fix yet for the error "gathering password information: negattive response"?

LivinLife
18th February, 2013, 06:45 PM
there is a fix yet for the error "gathering password information: negattive response"?

I had use an older version. I used 7.0 to get it to work.

Belefronte
18th February, 2013, 10:11 PM
but could you change parameters without problems?

LivinLife
18th February, 2013, 10:43 PM
Yes. I could change the speed limiter just fine.

Belefronte
18th February, 2013, 11:01 PM
do you know where can I find that version? i work with 7.06 :(

LivinLife
18th February, 2013, 11:58 PM
on here, somewhere. just search for ddde and find the 7.0 version

ntgroup
6th March, 2013, 11:00 AM
I want to turn off the gas processing DDEC 6 How then off, hope you help.

vernon1b
15th May, 2013, 01:54 AM
can some one help me how to calibrate with ddct I wants to actibate jake brake
I get to digital input and output on rel_09d.cal but dont know what to do next

robin.bobin
21st May, 2013, 03:32 PM
hello,

can anybody help with prg files for detroit engine serial is 06R06799 two SEVEN . THANK YOU

hoochyates
28th May, 2013, 09:28 AM
The problem with flashing in DDDE is that with an "unofficial" installation, the software does not calculate the correct checksum value that matches the checksum value calculated in the mcm/cpc. The only working solution that I know of is Detroit Drumroll File Encryptor/decryptor. I have seen it for sale, but have been unable to locate any other sources.

bigfredz
31st May, 2013, 11:00 PM
So concluding this post... Using dddre and this file decryptor is the only way to program ddec6 mcm. Plz help with more info on how to get files for ddec 6/10 where located? And softwares needed. I work at dealer and we program all ddec 6/10 using ddrs but were connected to mainframe on internet

hungvi2004
1st November, 2013, 09:27 AM
for the lazy )))
Read pass DDEC VI

Dear Shisik,

Thank you for your guide by video.
but i have some question for you, i would like you help me!
1. the numbers be showed when you click "axecute service". what is the number? (old password or backdoor password)
2. can DDDL 7.x get password for ddec6 ?
plz help me to guide. thanks227584

hungvi2004
1st November, 2013, 10:20 AM
easier to change the password
check carefully read and write = 3 !!!!!!!

Dear Shisik,

your idea is choose read 3 & write 3 when you generating the activation code on DDDL7x Keygen?
have you change value of Expire Days ?
do you know why the keygen have 15 level read/write?

I a new comer on this Job
thanks