PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Kubistar service reset

stupidCANt
23rd January, 2012, 07:27 PM
Hi

I have a 2006 Nissan Kubistar with a Johnson controls dash. The service light needs resetting as I have just done a service. The van is basically a Renault kangoo, it has a johnson controls dash with the bar graph fuel and temp gauges.
Anybody know how to do this I have tried several procedures including the one that the Renault trafic uses??

oh yeah its a 1.5 dci.

Apparently the IGN has to be turned on with the throttle decked then you pump the brake three times, hold then release both, IGN off then on again quickly. This was how it was reset on the last service but its messing me around on this one.

Its prob worth a mention that the vehicle has been corrected at some point in its life.

Thanks
J

vuno01
24th January, 2012, 06:02 AM
no
bro thats not it
do you have on the windscreen wiper switch
two buttons on the end of it
i believe this car is just like the new Clio
just
Ignition On
wait until WRIGHT OIL LEVEL is gone
scroll the menu until you find the service Miles
then press and hold the top buton on the end of the wiper switch until the miles start flashing and they will
show now 20000Km to the next service
and thats it.
Hope it helps

stupidCANt
24th January, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hi mate cheers for posting the info

......but you can't scan through to the service mileage on the display as the service interval only appears for 10 seconds when the ignition is first turned on.
Luckily the main dealer gave me this info for nout, which makes a change.

For the kubistar 2006/7 with johnson controls dash, bar graph VFD display in the middle. I believe that the kangoo has a similar set up. Apparently not many have this type of dash, the one with analogue gauges is more common.

Turn ignition on
The next service is displayed immediately with a flashing spanner
press button on dash until the interval resets to 12000 Miles, it does take a long time (between 10 and 20 seconds). Note: you will have to press the button on the dash within the period of the spanner flashing along with the distance to next service.

Could have sworn I tried this but I'm impatient lol and didn't hold the button down for long enough.

J

vuno01
25th January, 2012, 02:38 AM
great info bro
i know it takes a wile but its gets done and thats all that matters.
Cheers