PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with vu+ duo

djrikstar
24th January, 2012, 02:51 PM
Hi ppl after trying to sort out a vu+ duo yesterday for customer it did'nt work as i had no clue. lol:embarassed:

Then i done some research and managed to update the kernal i think as it said programming etc but seemed to flash it really fast that made me second think but im sure it did.

Then i stuck on vix 2.3 image and for some reason it always black screens comes up with script and crashes not too sure why but always happens.

So i have the box here at my house. Im thinking of putting the may2011 firmware on it as i think that's what it was on. Unless there is a simple stable image out there. As in simple i mean like the image it was on as it had bigger info bar etc. So easy for the customer to see etc.

Can anyone help me as i need it doing asap. Thanks ppl :joyman:

Rodbouy
24th January, 2012, 02:56 PM
I had a problem when i first done a due. Add the new bootloader. it does only take a sec then for some reason when i tried to flash b
1.6.6 I got a black screen. So i flashed 1.6.7 and it worked. Then I downgraded to 1.6.6

djrikstar
24th January, 2012, 03:05 PM
Where would i get that image 1.6.7 is that like stock fw??

djrikstar
24th January, 2012, 03:29 PM
Can i put any images on the VU+ now the kernal is updated to take bigger images etc.
So could i put on Original Image v5.10 VU+ Duo or would it brick it?? As i don't want that.

RuberDuck
24th January, 2012, 03:39 PM
The bootloader is fully backwards compatible, you can use any image you like.

djrikstar
24th January, 2012, 06:16 PM
I put it back to original firmware. And added the mgcamd in the /tmp folder but how do i acces the softcam??

Also is there anymore plugins as there does'nt seem to but a awful lot. Would there be more plugins available on other images??

RuberDuck
24th January, 2012, 06:24 PM
the original image is very very basic and is no where near as customizable as other images.

djrikstar
24th January, 2012, 06:28 PM
What vix image would be most stable for it?? Also will it have different plugins etc. Soz for the noob questions just new to enigma2 :embarassed:

djrikstar
24th January, 2012, 06:30 PM
I had 2.3 Vix on at customers and seemed to crash all the time when i brought it home and tried did not seem to crash??? Any suggestions could it be the sat feeds causing it..

djrikstar
24th January, 2012, 06:34 PM
The image on it now is Experimental 2011-07-13 but seems rubbish as i can't seem to fid anywhere where I can start up mgcamd.
Could i go on vix and get a skin like it the image im on??

dell_xps
24th January, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cactikid should be able to help you with mgcam, and Sats uses it also,
not sure why you are getting black screen m8 ?,
2.3 is solid.
I finish tomorrow morning, so if your about I'll see what
we can do to get you up and running, be after 4 ish

RuberDuck
24th January, 2012, 07:11 PM
At present the best version to flash would be ViX 2.3 161 as some instabilities have managed to creep into the 19x builds for some users, although for my own boxes there rock solid on the duo and uno.

Rite now were undertaking a massive bug hunt and stopping all other development projects until this phase has been completed.

djrikstar
24th January, 2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks dell that be good. Also Rubberduck im going to put on 2.2 Vix see if that solves it. Also sounds good to me. Where could i get build 161 as world-of-sats uses megaupload but there down and out is there a mirror site or could you kindly upload the image for me. Thanks ppl for the co-operation

RuberDuck
24th January, 2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks dell that be good. Also Rubberduck im going to put on 2.2 Vix see if that solves it. Also sounds good to me. Where could i get build 161 as world-of-sats uses megaupload but there down and out is there a mirror site or could you kindly upload the image for me. Thanks ppl for the co-operation

Load any 2.3 build image onto the receiver making sure you have the 3.0 bootloader flashed first. then you can go to the image manager and download any public build image directly from the server.

Blue button> ViX> image manager> yellow button and scroll through all the public build images on the server. download the one you want and load it to a USB stick and flash as normal.

As for getting the 2.3 image in the first place, well i am currently on a very naff connection and can not upload the image but you can get it on the WoS home forum. sorry but i'm not allowed to post a link.

djrikstar
24th January, 2012, 09:33 PM
Ok. I have the bootloader and 2.3 loaded on there now. Its the latest vix thats crashing so i will look through the public build untill i find 1 suitable.

Thanks Rubberduck

djrikstar
27th January, 2012, 02:15 AM
Thanks dell_xps for all the help and going out your way. Thanks m8 top guy all up and running at last :dancing2:

dell_xps
28th January, 2012, 09:53 AM
No probs m8, learning curve for me also, mgcamd, sussed out 2 ways to get it up and running :-)