PDA

View Full Version : VOLVO CEM ISSUE

sogaro
25th January, 2012, 04:08 AM
I have a Volvo V70 with CEM spoilt by a techie when he tried to make key for car. It won't crank at all when i checked it, now key is made and partially fixed and car cranks butdoes not start. Also, no other lights on the dash except Check Engine. If i get a used CEM, can i swap flash or what else can i tweak with to sort this out or can i use a virgin file if i get one and reprogram to car online? Can a used be online programmed to car too without making virgin? Any useful tip(s) appreciated.

vanos batam
25th January, 2012, 07:16 AM
easy for me

rudzielec
25th January, 2012, 07:42 PM
I have a Volvo V70 with CEM spoilt by a techie when he tried to make key for car. It won't crank at all when i checked it, now key is made and partially fixed and car cranks butdoes not start. Also, no other lights on the dash except Check Engine. If i get a used CEM, can i swap flash or what else can i tweak with to sort this out or can i use a virgin file if i get one and reprogram to car online? Can a used be online programmed to car too without making virgin? Any useful tip(s) appreciated.

If You have communication with CEM try to reload (not upgrade) software using Vida online. It will reload the CEM with all the setting and configuration according to the VIN nr of the car - then upgrade the software if necessary.
If it does not help try the virgin file for S80.

adam12112
25th January, 2012, 08:01 PM
easy for me
New CEM from 2005 easy for you, too?

sogaro
25th January, 2012, 08:51 PM
If You have communication with CEM try to reload (not upgrade) software using Vida online. It will reload the CEM with all the setting and configuration according to the VIN nr of the car - then upgrade the software if necessary.
If it does not help try the virgin file for S80.
Am told there is a function on vida that is like CEM software reload, will this overwrite the data in a USED CEM and match it to ori ECU or i must have to use a virgin CEM/ dump to do this?
Let the volvo experts come to my help offering useful tips

adam12112
25th January, 2012, 09:37 PM
Dealer can only reload virgin CEM.

rudzielec
25th January, 2012, 10:05 PM
Dealer can only reload virgin CEM.
All depends what information Vida is looking for. Last time I successful matched used ECM (engine ECU) for 2005 V70 clearing eeprom completely with FFFF - first reload then upgrade software - car starts, everything working fine.

CEM is the gateway so could be a problem because Vida first is checking communication and data in CEM.

sogaro
25th January, 2012, 10:10 PM
@ADAM12112, i do not wholly agree, my take is with an appropriate virgin file and online access , it should be MEAT; dealer or otherwise. My concern and worry is if its mandatory to use a virgin file or a used CEM can be equally overwritten and used using online Vida access.

somad
26th January, 2012, 12:02 PM
Technically it should be possible for Volvo to overwrite a used CEM, but they probably haven't made a function for it in Vida.
To access boot loader with writing capability a 6 byte PIN code must be sent to the CEM. This code is unique for each vehicle and stored centrally at Volvo company.
The normal boot loader and software in the CEM might also not be able to overwrite the required portions of memory.

sogaro
26th January, 2012, 12:15 PM
PIN code? strange stuff. What if its a virgin CEM, would that be needed too?

somad
27th January, 2012, 12:23 AM
I would think that the virgin CEM has a default standard pin code like FF FF FF FF FF FF or something.

sogaro
27th January, 2012, 06:54 AM
@Somad, you have been of tremendous help, i appreciate. Now, have you ever done this reflash as am told there is a function that allows software reflash on Vida. Did you use that function before? All this would not have been an issue if car was close to me, i would try all and any options available but i got to travel to do the car hence my vacillation.

somad
27th January, 2012, 11:32 PM
I have only looked at the CAN bus traffic of a normal CEM reload. S80 around 2001 model.

VolvoGeely
21st March, 2012, 10:29 PM
I have installed a virgin CEM has a default VIN code look likes NEW ########## on the early ones and EMPTY ######## on some of the Later 2008- .

Volvo has software for downloading to remove or UNLOADING a new REM-ECU-TCU for testing .

VG

adam12112
22nd March, 2012, 08:01 AM
Volvo has software for downloading to remove or UNLOADING a new CEM-ECU for testing .

VG
Are you sure , can you give the number of software.

adam12112
22nd March, 2012, 08:22 AM
@ADAM12112, i do not wholly agree, my take is with an appropriate virgin file and online access , it should be MEAT; dealer or otherwise. My concern and worry is if its mandatory to use a virgin file or a used CEM can be equally overwritten and used using online Vida access.
Used CEM even vida online access can not reload.
I wrote dealer but i mean online access.

VolvoGeely
2nd April, 2012, 06:49 AM
Why Yes

Are You a dealer ? If so , VR2 and into Software Vida .

VG

VolvoGeely
2nd April, 2012, 06:51 AM
Used CEM even vida online access can not reload.
I wrote dealer but i mean online access.

I disagree. CEM is one shot per VIN .

Used in any patch is iffy .

VG

adam12112
2nd April, 2012, 04:57 PM
Why Yes

Are You a dealer ? If so , VR2 and into Software Vida .

VG
I am not dealer, can you explain what is "VR2"

adam12112
2nd April, 2012, 05:08 PM
I disagree. CEM is one shot per VIN .

Used in any patch is iffy .

VG

No comprendo,I do not uderstand can you write how use used CEM with vida online access if you know how.

VolvoGeely
9th April, 2012, 04:05 AM
CEM is only one shot per car or (VIN).

The software is all on a vida subscription , There are different "Levels" of software that is available to your subscription. Or if you work with a Dealer to do the supplying of the software. This depends on the country & the Car configuration ..

What your trying is not going to work as I see it.

VG

Kanaan
9th April, 2012, 08:33 AM
I am not dealer, can you explain what is "VR2"

How can you get accsess to volvo server without being a dealer ?
I can swap the cem but not with my vida .

volvo is one big story in my country . I have the vida and I cant get subscribtion for the vida because the volvo importer want to be the only one who can touch volvo car .
now I can see that these cars are dissapearing from my country and no one want these cars .

Kanaan
9th April, 2012, 02:36 PM
cem immage

adam12112
9th April, 2012, 08:00 PM
How can you get accsess to volvo server without being a dealer ?

In UK you can buy subscription vida with software access as independent dealer but access is not dirlectly.

Kanaan
9th April, 2012, 09:18 PM
yes this is in europe but not in my country

boss151
10th April, 2012, 01:52 PM
adam..can you give me www adres where can i buy vida subscription

adam12112
10th April, 2012, 04:45 PM
http://vccs.volvocars.se/wsguide (http://vccs.volvocars.se/wsguide/index.asp?pID=22)
for europe
or
https://www.volvotechinfo.com/
for US

boss151
10th April, 2012, 05:09 PM
ok, thak you ..but
When i select vida subscryption i dont have buy option:

TP Number: VIDA-SUBSCRIPTION Title: VIDA Subscription Language: All Languages Models: All Models Model year: N/A Release Date: 05-06-13 Delivery: Electronic Description: A subscription to the Volvo VIDA system In order to buy this product you will need to have registered a VIDA delivery address. This can be done in your profile area.

in profile area delivery adres is updated

adam12112
10th April, 2012, 08:37 PM
Use contact menu and write mail.

boss151
11th April, 2012, 10:06 PM
Ok, ewerything is ok. But do you know how flash cem unit in xc90 with new (used) oryginal xenon set.?

Kanaan
12th April, 2012, 12:56 PM
Ok, ewerything is ok. But do you know how flash cem unit in xc90 with new (used) oryginal xenon set.?

try to get into programing software and see what will be !!

VolvoGeely
17th April, 2012, 04:58 PM
Volvo Cars Accessories Web (http://accessories.volvocars.com/AccessoriesWeb/Accessories.mvc)

Is the new web page to find your Country , Location as "in my car" tells me nothing of how to help.

VR2 is the internal Volvo "Forum" for dealer networks & volvo to find & exchange info ..

VG

VolvoGeely
28th May, 2012, 06:00 PM

Yes , Why would I post not sure of info ?
Having this info and software #'s is good to know , but you would also require Vida , Dice plus a connection to the PIE server with a Volvo licence that allows or grants you permission .

AND NO ! it will not make an original used ECU reusable in another Vehicle . :rulez:

VG