PDA

View Full Version : Buying a New VU+DUO Need Some Help Please.

MSAL
25th January, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hello to Everyone Im SAL , hope you guys are good.

Iam new to this, got rid of Sly box iam looking to purchase a VU+Duo. good sat receiver?

I have a fixed standard Sly Hd dish which i will be using.

Wondering what image is the best to use...?

I also need help with getting Cc...ms'

can you get these free or do they have to be purchased?

Any recomendations where from?

All Help with setting up will be greatley appreciated.

RuberDuck
25th January, 2012, 05:20 PM
depends on whether you want to buy a clone or a original receiver.

The original will cost you ?319 or ?314 with the discount from WoS ( world-of-satellite ).

yes the box will work quite happily on your sky dish, although you will need a dual output LNB for best results as the box really does need a separate feed going to each tuner card.

Softcams ar easily installed and freely available but the service your thinking about ( CS or cardsharing ) is a bit of a taboo topic on here and most forums for that matter.

Image wise, well that comes down to personal choice I am a ViX team member and i would recommend that as i use ViX my self and for me it is rock solid. but you wont know whats best for you unless you try a few your self.

Personally i would recommend the Duo but it is not a plug and play receiver and as such requires you to do a bit of reading and learning to be able to set it up. but that's what forums like this are for.

If you do want to go down the original box route let me know and i can recommend a very trustworthy retailer who in my opinion offers the best after sales care in the business namely WoS. you can ask around on this forum many have bought boxes from him and they can give you a honest account of their experiences.

dell_xps
25th January, 2012, 05:44 PM
Vu Duo from world Of Satellite, just what RD said :-)

MSAL
25th January, 2012, 06:24 PM
Thankyou for the speedy reply RD, and your help.

Yes it would appear it is a original VU+ DUO and not a clone.

I would imagine (CS) would be a Taboo topic, i really need help with that if some one can PM me or hotmail or something.

dell_xps
25th January, 2012, 06:50 PM
Check out the tut I made m8, has everything you need to get started ok.
Remember to flash kernel first then the latest Vix 2.3 image !!!

seancred
25th January, 2012, 08:48 PM
Hi Mate,

Just bought a duo and I'm really pleased with it. I have never had a Linux system before and whilst it isn't plug and play, you will find everything you need on here if you do a bit of searching. Mine was up and running within a couple of hours(I'm sure it would have been much quicker had I not been a total novice!)

I'd recommend the receiver and WoS were really helpful when I bought mine

MSAL
26th January, 2012, 11:25 AM
Thankyou Very much for all you help everyone. I shall let you know how i get on.

MSAL
8th February, 2012, 10:27 AM
Hello every one, just thought i would let know i got one. didnt get the duo in the end. I bought a DM800 HD. been using for a couple of days all seems well and impressed with it so far.