PDA

View Full Version : RANGE ROVER / BMW FLEX RIBBON SUPPLIER ?

AvechuchoAxel
25th January, 2012, 07:22 PM
I'm looking for a good supplier of the ribbons to repair the common problem of fadded pixels on BMW and RANGE ROVER.

I know there is a couple of options like CARBON or SILVER contacts.. I think that the silver contact is way much better and reliable. So any recommendation will be very appreciated.....

ANYONE WANT TO GO FOR A FITNESS SESSION ??

Eric Prydz - Call On Me - YouTube

TULGEYWOODMAN
25th January, 2012, 07:37 PM
I'm looking for a good supplier of the ribbons to repair the common problem of fadded pixels on BMW and RANGE ROVER.

I know there is a couple of options like CARBON or SILVER contacts.. I think that the silver contact is way much better and reliable. So any recommendation will be very appreciated.....

ANYONE WANT TO GO FOR A FITNESS SESSION ??

Eric Prydz - Call On Me - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fCqg92qks)

try this

www.sacer.com.cn

AvechuchoAxel
25th January, 2012, 09:34 PM
IN ADDITION WITH THE DISPLAY or the ribbons.. Is there any very recommended needle puller??

Thanks

smartymarti
25th January, 2012, 11:31 PM
Yep good grip and a long thin set if plyers

BigJ
26th January, 2012, 04:25 AM
IN ADDITION WITH THE DISPLAY or the ribbons.. Is there any very recommended needle puller??

Thanks
Greetings Mate.

Regarding the needles:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f174/82993d1317932675-removing-needles-not-removing-needles-scissors.pdf

Regarding the ribbon cables:
Mainly with the BMW X5's, I snap up any "new type" clusters (the ones with the silver rings around the dials) at my local BMW scrap yards. It works out a better deal for myself and the customer to rather "adapt" the new type clusters as opposed to the ribbon cr@p. I've had probably +- 30% success rate changing the ribbons. Too much hassle.

(Old type and new type clusters are basically the same, except the lcd's are not press fitted with ribbons any more. They got a flat plug on the pcb side now).