mazda 6 2.0 diesel 2005

i made school boy mistake reading it on board

i did short oscilator

it read correct mileage and wrote perfectly

now dash is dead, no needle movement and no mileage display

can i please have power up for this dash and maybe a few dumps

thanks guys

WILL PAY IF SOME1 GIVES A WORKING SOLUTION

hi mate, would you please provide more details about this dash ??

do you have also the same problem when you write back the the original dump, did it become corrupted by reading onboard??

smokey08
25th January, 2012, 08:06 PM
Enigma manual says to use clip on eeprom and nothing about shorting oscillator.

I have this power up connections that I downloaded from here a while back (thanks to whoever the OP was).

captain crackers
25th January, 2012, 08:07 PM
Here is a couple but I don't know the spec of them. Arthur.

TULGEYWOODMAN
25th January, 2012, 08:21 PM
try this , from late mazda 6

z786
25th January, 2012, 08:49 PM
are these c56?? (L56R)

motorsport
25th January, 2012, 09:05 PM
Hi, yes i fcuked 1 up lol

mazda 6 2.0 diesel 2005

i made school boy mistake reading it on board

i did short oscilator

it read correct mileage and wrote perfectly

now dash is dead, no needle movement and no mileage display

can i please have power up for this dash and maybe a few dumps

thanks guys

WILL PAY IF SOME1 GIVES A WORKING SOLUTION
hi what device you read on bord ?

bmaninnc
25th January, 2012, 09:07 PM
dont know that

dashradio
25th January, 2012, 09:18 PM
are these c56?? (L56R)

Try dump in a new chip

pinkfloyd5eg
25th January, 2012, 09:20 PM
try this also, good luck!

L56R most like in old honda dashes

pinkfloyd5eg
25th January, 2012, 09:49 PM
try this bro. 93L56R mazda 6 >>>

z786
26th January, 2012, 12:09 AM
thankyou every1

problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it wasnt the dump

2 ripped pads on mcu legs, i dont know how that happend

thanks rob for suggesting to change eep otherwise wudnt hav noticed it under the microscope :)

z786
10th February, 2012, 12:51 AM
fcuked another one today, shaft came out of motor

any1 know a 100% method of removing needles from mazdas???

Hanukkah
10th February, 2012, 03:14 AM

Use a needle puller mate. Mazda 6, Forester, Honda... they use the same stepper motor needles. Its really a hit and miss when twisting ang pulling - sometimes shaft comes out sometime not.

Motor can be repaired though. You just have to access the gear that the motor shaft attaches to and push it upwards while inserting the axle shaft.

Note the upward clearance of a normal motor to the one which the shaft came out.

bodzio012
10th February, 2012, 08:58 AM
I did two small spoon, and fast

z786
10th February, 2012, 11:44 AM
Use a needle puller mate. Mazda 6, Forester, Honda... they use the same stepper motor needles. Its really a hit and miss when twisting ang pulling - sometimes shaft comes out sometime not.

Motor can be repaired though. You just have to access the gear that the motor shaft attaches to and push it upwards while inserting the axle shaft.

Note the upward clearance of a normal motor to the one which the shaft came out.
any links????

TULGEYWOODMAN
10th February, 2012, 11:58 AM

its the cold weather.

use a hairdryer on the plastic needle until it gets hot
DONT USE HOT AIR GUN

this should do the trick

captain crackers
10th February, 2012, 12:12 PM
What works for me is, put some card under the needles, (cut a slit in it) to protect the dial sheet and pull the PCB away from the plastic casing thus removing the needles. Obviously you must work from one end to the other, one needle at a time and pull close to the motors. Arthur.

captain crackers
10th February, 2012, 12:35 PM
Probably the hairdryer would also help my method but I have never tried it. Arthur.

SDO
10th February, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mate, needle puller is good, but every time I remove the black cover on top of the needle I can never get it to sit back in its place properly. Is there a good way to do that ?

A needle that is already out with its shaft, can also come in handy as a tool, if u remove the needle cover, spin anti clock wise, probably use hair dryer too, then just put in the needle shaft from top and pull out as u do in twist and pull. But again I don't know how to take the top covers off properly so they go back in their place.

z786
10th February, 2012, 01:49 PM
thats the thing, i did use a hairdryer. maybe shudv used it for abit longer

@captain

that pcb trick maybe might damage pcb??

captain crackers
10th February, 2012, 02:48 PM
I have never damaged one this way. the PCB will bend but the needle comes off the shaft before the PCB breaks. Just one thing I forgot, loosely tape the needle to the card so it doesn't fly off into orbit! Arthur

VTS_Tibi
10th February, 2012, 03:06 PM
I've removed the needles from my Mazda 6 cluster. It did not move at first.

Then I put it into the freezer for 15 minutes, and the needles went up pretty easily!

TULGEYWOODMAN
10th February, 2012, 09:28 PM
I've removed the needles from my Mazda 6 cluster. It did not move at first.

Then I put it into the freezer for 15 minutes, and the needles went up pretty easily!

why have you got spare room in your freezer?

[I dont mean a spare room like a bedroom, I mean spare space]

jarfm
11th February, 2012, 12:14 AM
I use a bent tweezers (same as we use to get smd off the pcb), but first I put some plastic card between needle and dial, as Arthur do. The same method is used by me to get peugo407 and some others needles off. Offcourse since I fcuked Mazda 6 cluster :)

Hanukkah
11th February, 2012, 12:40 AM
Mate, needle puller is good, but every time I remove the black cover on top of the needle I can never get it to sit back in its place properly. Is there a good way to do that ?

A needle that is already out with its shaft, can also come in handy as a tool, if u remove the needle cover, spin anti clock wise, probably use hair dryer too, then just put in the needle shaft from top and pull out as u do in twist and pull. But again I don't know how to take the top covers off properly so they go back in their place.

I use 2 paperclips to hook each side of the needle cover. Spread both sides out and up should do the trick.

Hanukkah
11th February, 2012, 01:55 AM
any links????

Sorry, link for what mate? -- where to get the needle puller?

My needle puller is home made. I used a 8mm hex bolt. Had a hole drilled to insert a shaft from an old motor.

The clamp that hooks to the needle is bent from a piece of sheet metal. Had to shave the lower part though so it could slip underneath the needle.

almeida
11th February, 2012, 11:14 PM
hello
maybe i?m wrong but with this car i clock wise the needles and i never have any problem....
the first time, i pull them up and damage the motor, i must repair that.
since then i cock wise and never have any problem.
with the rpm and the speed you could clock wise for both side
with temperature and gas you only clock wise for only one side ( i?m not sure wich one ) because to the other side you have the stop point and the needle not turn and make a lot presser

szkeptmen
11th February, 2012, 11:58 PM
Hi,

Take off the metal cap of the stepper motor.
You will find below a small hole.
Insert a thin needle and press a bit on the plastic sheet.
Make sure to properly move the pointer.
That's it, no mumbo jumbo ...

For everyone...
WBR

diga1
12th February, 2012, 09:24 AM
just take two big and flat screwdrivers and place them on each side of guage and hit them very fast downwards so needle goes up but very fast straigth up and evrything vill be ok never tvist guage clockvise or other way, you vill broke step motor and guage vont have zero position

TULGEYWOODMAN
12th February, 2012, 11:13 AM
just take two big and flat screwdrivers and place them on each side of guage and hit them very fast downwards so needle goes up but very fast straigth up and evrything vill be ok never tvist guage clockvise or other way, you vill broke step motor and guage vont have zero position

Jodrell Bank radio telescope reported a sattelite in orbit over central Europe yesterday,another over North West UK, yet another over North Eastern Seaboard of U.S.

Later reports say they are in the shape of clock pointers.

They are looking for explanation of why clocks are losing pointers, but think its something to do with re adjustment of Central European Time.............................................. .:eek:

diga1
12th February, 2012, 11:31 AM
Jodrell Bank radio telescope reported a sattelite in orbit over central Europe yesterday,another over North West UK, yet another over North Eastern Seaboard of U.S.

Later reports say they are in the shape of clock pointers.

They are looking for explanation of why clocks are losing pointers, but think its something to do with re adjustment of Central European Time.............................................. .:eek:

i dont get this one mate

captain crackers
12th February, 2012, 11:35 AM
Eric, I have two of the screwdrivers shown below. Will they be large enough to lift the needles? Arthur.

TULGEYWOODMAN
12th February, 2012, 11:55 AM
i dont get this one mate

needle ....up....fast......very fast.......very very fast.....into orbit...............

get it?......into orbit...into outer space......

TULGEYWOODMAN
12th February, 2012, 11:57 AM
Eric, I have two of the screwdrivers shown below. Will they be large enough to lift the needles? Arthur.

Yes, but only available in central europe....

diga1
12th February, 2012, 12:10 PM
ok ha ha ha very funny

captain crackers
13th February, 2012, 02:08 PM
Attached is a picture of a Mazda 6 cluster, with all 4 needles removed (without the shafts, or any damage to the dial sheet) by pulling the PCB away from the white plastic casing. Total time to remove the needles, 2 minutes. Tools used, only my hands. The PCB is clipped to the casing, release the 3 clips at the bottom, release one of the end clips at the top and lift the PCB free. Pull the PCB upwards against the end needle which will release from the shaft and fall free. Release the top centre clip and continue pulling the PCB upwards. The next needle will fall free as will the third needle. Finally release the last top clip and pull the PCB upwards again to release the last needle. I have used this method many times with 100% success but constantly hear of problems when people have tried to lift the needles from the shafts. Arthur.

digimile
13th February, 2012, 06:36 PM
hi
connection on the back of pcb is not possible..??
thankx

sparkz02
13th February, 2012, 07:13 PM
#captain

I've used his method seems to work perfectly fine, been using it for awhile.

Regarding letting the needle fly up in the air very quickly, used that too for a selection of cars seems to do the trick, forget messing around it gently with spoons/forks or whatever just go for it!

TULGEYWOODMAN
13th February, 2012, 08:03 PM
#captain

I've used his method seems to work perfectly fine, been using it for awhile.

Regarding letting the needle fly up in the air very quickly, used that too for a selection of cars seems to do the trick, forget messing around it gently with spoons/forks or whatever just go for it!

Yes, just tell Patrick Moore first

SDO
15th April, 2012, 06:47 AM
Attached is a picture of a Mazda 6 cluster, with all 4 needles removed (without the shafts, or any damage to the dial sheet) by pulling the PCB away from the white plastic casing. Total time to remove the needles, 2 minutes. Tools used, only my hands. The PCB is clipped to the casing, release the 3 clips at the bottom, release one of the end clips at the top and lift the PCB free. Pull the PCB upwards against the end needle which will release from the shaft and fall free. Release the top centre clip and continue pulling the PCB upwards. The next needle will fall free as will the third needle. Finally release the last top clip and pull the PCB upwards again to release the last needle. I have used this method many times with 100% success but constantly hear of problems when people have tried to lift the needles from the shafts. Arthur.

U r the best

Digamax
15th April, 2012, 08:32 PM
Hi, put dash 15 minutes in freezer and you never have problem with needles. Never twist needles, only pull up.

Best regards
Vladimir

SDO
16th April, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hi, put dash 15 minutes in freezer and you never have problem with needles. Never twist needles, only pull up.

Best regards
Vladimir

Yep i believe that will work like a charm, I wanted to try that but wife said if u put that dusty cluster in their, then u gotta clean the whole freezer. So I went with captain crackers way, and it worked too.

fuktak
17th April, 2012, 09:52 AM
For me this tools work great allways.Just pull up.Regards

saaemo
26th April, 2012, 06:58 PM
all 4 needles removed= problems work good needles

TULGEYWOODMAN
26th April, 2012, 10:39 PM
For me this tools work great allways.Just pull up.Regards

you got mixed up, them tools is for eating porridge wiv.

gauch
1st May, 2012, 03:15 AM
Hi

Right now I need some help. I did Mazda 6 today and tried Arthur's way to remove needles....not to much luck. Needle I started with took out with shaft :(. I did rest with my old way with 2 spoons.

Now I need to fix that motor. Never did it and need your help. I found in other thread info how to fix it but now I have something like on this movie.

Please help.

Mazda_bad.MOV - YouTube (http://youtu.be/5VKR2a4720E)

TULGEYWOODMAN
1st May, 2012, 04:47 PM
Hi

Right now I need some help. I did Mazda 6 today and tried Arthur's way to remove needles....not to much luck. Needle I started with took out with shaft :(. I did rest with my old way with 2 spoons.

Now I need to fix that motor. Never did it and need your help. I found in other thread info how to fix it but now I have something like on this movie.

Please help.

Mazda_bad.MOV - YouTube (http://youtu.be/5VKR2a4720E)

Arthur assures me he has a guarantee in plce for his system.

He will replace your motor free of charge

gauch
1st May, 2012, 04:55 PM
I'm not blaming Arthur for this :) Probably I did it wrong. Anyhow I have "jumping" needle and I need to deal with it :P

Is it fixable or replace motor is only "cure"?

TULGEYWOODMAN
1st May, 2012, 06:35 PM
I'm not blaming Arthur for this :) Probably I did it wrong. Anyhow I have "jumping" needle and I need to deal with it :P

Is it fixable or replace motor is only "cure"?

try pulling needle out a bit, you may care to try the needle in different positions, in a bit, out a bit etc.

z786
1st May, 2012, 08:38 PM
in a bit, out a bit

.....shake it all about You do the hokey pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

lol

u have to push something like a needle thru the back of the motor to help push cog onto shaft

digimile
1st May, 2012, 08:42 PM
hi
very less chance of these bouncy needles to correct now...just take honda dash and put its motor to mazda dash if u didnot find mazda dash....sometimes we think shaft goes correct but when we start it stop at one place and didnot come down...so better change motors...
thankx

gauch
1st May, 2012, 08:55 PM
@z786: I did try with small needle pressing into hole in back of the motor when inserting shaft, no luck. I have to practice more :)

For now I'll go with digimile advice and replace motor and need to learn more about how stepping motors works and how are they build.

That shaking its not so bad but, as digimile said, sometimes needle stop in the middle and that's bad :P

thanks,

almeida
1st May, 2012, 09:25 PM
hello
i?, not sure about your problem
but this cluster inside have a stop point
if you look inside the hole you see a stop point
see if that stop point are there and if they are in the right position like the other hole
your needle go up because they are at the wrong position
i?m sure you don?t need any new motor
you only need to put the needle at the right position
when you pull the needle the shaft come out too?
or only the needle?
you could try other thing
put the cluster at the car turn ignition on and only then put the needle at the right position.
cheers

TULGEYWOODMAN
1st May, 2012, 09:56 PM
hello
see if that stop point are there and if they are in the right position like the other hole
or only the needle?
put the cluster at the car turn ignition on and only then put the needle at the right position.
cheers

good advice

put needle on after ign. is on

gauch
1st May, 2012, 09:58 PM
hello
or only the needle?
cheers

shaft came out, if it will be just a needle there will be no problem.

gauch
1st May, 2012, 09:59 PM
good advice

put needle on after ign. is on

you mean needle with shaft?

almeida
1st May, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hello you could try to put the needle with the shaft but i think you gonna have some shake with the needle.... They not gonna work good
If you could take some picture from the behind the motor i could explainn to you how to repair.
Is easy but i need to have a picture to explain better to you

TULGEYWOODMAN
1st May, 2012, 10:14 PM
you mean needle with shaft?

No, remove needle, if it comes off with shaft, hold shaft with pliers, remove needle, refit shaft, apply grease to hole in needle, plug in cluster,ign on, carefully fit needle in what you think is correct position.

ign off and on,
if needle bounces or goes back to wrong start position, then it needs stop sorting, but easier to look for replacement motor

gauch
1st May, 2012, 10:23 PM
I did all that already.
All my problem is with: "needle bounces or goes back to wrong start position"

gauch
1st May, 2012, 10:26 PM
Hello you could try to put the needle with the shaft but i think you gonna have some shake with the needle.... They not gonna work good
If you could take some picture from the behind the motor i could explainn to you how to repair.
Is easy but i need to have a picture to explain better to you

I got to install it back,customer needs his car, but I will have it back later today. I'll post pics of the motor.

thanks

pinkfloyd5eg
1st May, 2012, 10:36 PM
take the car for test drive and keep needles OFF, when car in operating temp (arround 80c) turn off and put the needle at zero position then turn ON, this worked for me with many Assian cars specially for fuel and temp needles.

maciupiciu
1st May, 2012, 10:49 PM
don't know if are the same "motor", but in this way I repair jager peugeot instruments, when I broke one (rare ;) ). It's no need to open the motor, just put a needle or a paper clip wire.

gauch
1st May, 2012, 10:55 PM
Mine looks different, but I think I start understanding whole idea of those motors :)

I'll post pics later tonight.