PDA

View Full Version : VW SHARAN or galaxy ECU

david916
10th January, 2009, 11:08 PM
HI does anybody know where the ecu is on a 1999 sharan tdi???got a intake manifold pressure sender G71 fault code which i think is in ecu thanks

smirnoff_rules
10th January, 2009, 11:16 PM
if u get a reading it will be a part away from the ecu ,, the ecu dosnt give a code out for its self . wots the car doing m8 and code will be a p code too ..

if its under powered its an maf air flow meter

david916
10th January, 2009, 11:50 PM
the code is 00519 inlate manifold pressure sender -G71 some tdi wedsites reckon its switch in ecu where the vacum pipe goes from ecu back to engine, its just most of the websites are USA based and dont have much info on vw sharans, dont think they sold there

smirnoff_rules
11th January, 2009, 12:46 AM
the code is 00519 inlate manifold pressure sender -G71 some tdi wedsites reckon its switch in ecu where the vacum pipe goes from ecu back to engine, its just most of the websites are USA based and dont have much info on vw sharans, dont think they sold there

u must mean p0519 m8 .. p codes dont have 5 numbers

david916
11th January, 2009, 10:14 PM
it a VAG-COM fault code, not a part code , downloaded your registered version of vag-com but it keep unregistered when i try to use certain function,????? thanks

jimdollar
11th January, 2009, 10:21 PM
5 digit codes are VW codes , here is a link to a page with a list of both 5 digit and OBD http://www.airbagnews.com/PDF/Fehlercodes%20VAG%20english.pdf
I think if you need to access the ECU its in a horrible place buried deep inside the dash behind the instruments if memory serves, Jim.

cactikid
12th January, 2009, 01:59 AM
or is it under hidden compartment under passenger seat?

david916
12th January, 2009, 08:13 PM
SMIRNOFF thanks for the vag com crack it keeped going back to shareware but it seems to be sorted now, hopefull i will learn to use it properly soon

zorgman
1st December, 2009, 07:52 PM
hi
sharan/galaxy/alhambra ecu's are behind the clocks, cow to get at. inside is a map sensor which you cant buy seperate but what does go is the rubber pipe in there replace it with silocone pipe or fuel bypass pipe as used on rest of car, while your at it under bonnet disconnect and block off your egr vac pipe.
had one for 2 yrs and think i know every trick with the 1.9 tdi engine very noisey but very tunable with simple tricks.
laurie

jasonk
29th March, 2010, 06:31 PM
hi
sharan/galaxy/alhambra ecu's are behind the clocks, cow to get at. inside is a map sensor which you cant buy seperate but what does go is the rubber pipe in there replace it with silocone pipe or fuel bypass pipe as used on rest of car, while your at it under bonnet disconnect and block off your egr vac pipe.
had one for 2 yrs and think i know every trick with the 1.9 tdi engine very noisey but very tunable with simple tricks.
laurie

Hi lads a fella left a sharan into us here wit no power boosting but no go ran diagnostics and came up with a load of faults sorted them down now to the one at the start of this thread and the ecm is a fuc*er to get to behind the cluster is the pipe the usual problem or is it the ecm itself

Regards jason

dimitar
29th March, 2010, 07:08 PM
The engine ECU is located exactly behind the dashboard.Very tricky to take it off from the left side between the relay box and the chassis a lot of pulling bending the ecu holders and ripping off some wires on its way out. It is always the ecu inside shitty hose breaking and whole ecu filled with oil from the turbo.Get a toothbrush and a paint tinner to wash it off. Good luck

jasonk
29th March, 2010, 07:13 PM
The engine ECU is located exactly behind the dashboard.Very tricky to take it off from the left side between the relay box and the chassis a lot of pulling bending the ecu holders and ripping off some wires on its way out. It is always the ecu inside shitty hose breaking and whole ecu filled with oil from the turbo.Get a toothbrush and a paint tinner to wash it off. Good luck

Thanks for that ill be pulling it out some day this week the customes wants to fit a new ecu i have never done this will it need to be coded and if so how....

Regards jason

dimitar
29th March, 2010, 09:55 PM
There should be 24c02 or 24c04 eeprom inside the ecu. Swap that eprom from the old ecu to new one and you are done.:wink:

mulma
18th June, 2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks,

10 cm of new tube fixed the constant limp problem.