PDA

View Full Version : help needed

jimmyjaxx
27th January, 2012, 03:55 PM
I would appreciate if anyone can offer any advice on the problem I have with my dish/motor. I called the lad out who fitted my motorised dish a few years back out as I could not get a signal on my motorised dish. I have a static dish on 28e on tuner a and my motorised on tuner b. As fas as I?m aware all my settings are correct. When the lad came out he said that my dish was slighty out of line which he corrected and then he checked everthing else and and said there was no problems with the dish or motor. He played about with the receiver and we managed to get a signal onng most sats by going into sat finder and then predefined transponder and then changing transponders until we got a good signal, once we did this we then scanned the sats for all the channels and everything seemed fine for about a week. I had to reflash my vu with the vix image the other day and I cannot get signal back. I?ve tried for the last two days and I managed yesterday to get a signal on 19.2e and 13e for about an hour and then the signal just disappeared again and I haven?t been able to get another signal on any sat since. I have tried to manually tune the sats without using usals but I can?t get a signal doing it that way either. I have followed numerous guides that I have come across online to do this butt I?m still no further forward. If I knew it was a motor problem or a dish problem then I would just get them replaced but I need to determine what is causing the problem. When I had my motorised dish connected to my Protek box I could get 19.2. and 23.5 and 28e no probs but hotbird would work some days and not others and I could not get a signal on thor and 4.8e even though I managed to about six months before. Could anyone throw any light on this?
Thanks in advance

dell_xps
27th January, 2012, 07:02 PM
Have you tried installing boquets m8 ?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f190/vix-team-enigma-2-hd-settings-28-2e-silverfox0786-203940/

thread 8 m8

jimmyjaxx
28th January, 2012, 12:42 PM
yeah got those on no probs just not picking up any sats?

j

cactikid
28th January, 2012, 02:48 PM
is the box used moving the dish when changing sat.

jimmyjaxx
29th January, 2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah the dish is moving to the sat but i'm unable to get a signal. I've dble checked my lat and long settings and I have tried to fine tune but still nothing.

Thanks

j

dell_xps
29th January, 2012, 06:38 PM
Ask RD he uses a motorised dish m8, I only have a fixed dish.