PDA

View Full Version : Uploading a Vix 2.3 image, fully loaded.

dell_xps
28th January, 2012, 09:57 AM
Anybody recommend a web site where an image (85MB), fully loaded can be uploaded to, save peeps a lot of trouble,all you would have to do is insert USB into front of the VU Duo, load it up, then fire over your file to the etc folder, up and running in minutes.
megaupload dead, anybody any suggestions ?

RuberDuck
28th January, 2012, 10:26 AM
85 meg, what they hell do you have loaded to it ?. fully loaded my ViX 2.3 backups rarely top 50 meg

dell_xps
28th January, 2012, 10:30 AM
There's a few plugins m8, but it will save on the hassle of peeps asking where do I get this that etc, just a way of getting people up and running in minutes, then they can have a play about, then they can install a fresh image, and install what they want.
:-)

dell_xps
28th January, 2012, 10:31 AM
Two files I have after creating an image :-)

RuberDuck
28th January, 2012, 10:35 AM
Lol well i'm not one for a shed load of plugins. at most i have CCcam and auto resolution from the feeds installed. Try uploading the file to rapidshare or to 4shared but personally i dislike backups as it breeds laziness. my feeling is if your going to buy a Linux based receiver the bare minimum you can do is learn how to setup and use it. otherwise if you rely on others to set it up, when things do go wrong and they will. you will be screwed.

dell_xps
28th January, 2012, 10:39 AM
RD you should of been a school teacher !!.....lol