PDA

View Full Version : VU+ DUO CE Edition

Vipex1
28th January, 2012, 02:00 PM
Hi guys,

Moving over to sat from cable, getting a vu+ duo box but have found a CE (chinese edition) for a lot cheaper.

Sounds too good to be true, how different is it? Can it still be used or is it region differences etc?

cheers guys

cactikid
28th January, 2012, 02:28 PM
yes vu clone boxes are out and working but not on latest firmware as far as i am aware,they will have their own firmware and support but will it be as good as an original with a 2 yr warranty,if any problems arise how quick can it be fixed..

dell_xps
28th January, 2012, 06:20 PM
You pays yer money you takes yer chance :-)
Buy an original m8, extra ?100, but worth it, buy from World Of Satellite :-). Only sells genuine boxes, aftersales is second to none.

satsmo
28th January, 2012, 09:07 PM
You on commission Dell? WOS has been mentioned here more times than I care to say ;)

dell_xps
28th January, 2012, 11:40 PM
Sats I learnt the hard way m8, luckily I got my box fixed but only after a lot of time spent chasing people etc, had I bought from WOS It would of been sent away one day, fixed day after, then received back to me the day after that :-), Stef over at WOS was really helpfull to me during the time mine blew up, and RD will back me up WOS has excellent sales and aftersales.
No commission either from WOS lol.

RuberDuck
28th January, 2012, 11:46 PM
well when you find a retailer who is genuinely a decent and honest bloke, who will go out of his way to help not only his customers but people who didn't even buy their receivers from him. you just have to show your appreciation. and yes i know people will say i'm biased because he sponsors the WoS forum. honestly if he was shite i would say so. i have personally dealt with stef numerous times and he's a rare honest bloke and for that i'll gladly recommend him to any one.

dell_xps
28th January, 2012, 11:48 PM
Spot on RD !

satsmo
28th January, 2012, 11:58 PM
I know, I was joking, but you can only say how good someone is so many times even if they are good.

I am working on a neon script for any more WOS posts so they can be highlighted even more :)

We are not affiliated to any supplier and take the members opinions here as a good gauge of whom is good or not. But less is sometimes more as we already have seen WOS mentioned on almost every "where to get a VU thread".

And yes they are good guys, I know.

dell_xps
29th January, 2012, 12:04 AM
This time next year Rodders.....lol