PDA

View Full Version : BMW e39 keys problem

Lexas
28th January, 2012, 10:49 PM
Hello, my colleague bought 2001 e39 525i , he got 3 keys. remote control of all 3 keys working, they locking and unlocking car, but only one key can start it. i have got x431, BMW scanner 1.4.0, xprogm (clone) and zedbull. any chances to make that keys working with that crappy stuff. I'm just beginner in this, so appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

smokey08
28th January, 2012, 11:28 PM
You have a very good chance. Read EWS with your xprog and post the dump.

Lexas
28th January, 2012, 11:39 PM
Is it safe to read EWS with xprog clone? I have read in some posts that people getting problems reading with clone tool, erased memory o something. just want be sure.

smokey08
29th January, 2012, 12:06 AM
Open it up and check what the mask on the chip is. I think it will be 0D46J which are not secured and can be read with the k-line adapter. If it says something different than 0D46J then desolder it from the board and read as secured in the correct adapter.

Lexas
29th January, 2012, 12:31 AM
ok, thank you smokey08. when i get to the car i post dump

Fallen
29th January, 2012, 02:12 AM
Do a LOT af reading on here before you read the MCU mate or there is a chance you will wipe it if you read it incorrectly.
Not saying don't do it but be very carefull.

gtmech
29th January, 2012, 11:04 AM
Do a LOT af reading on here before you read the MCU mate or there is a chance you will wipe it if you read it incorrectly.
Not saying don't do it but be very carefull.

i would take fallen's advice if i was you because if your xprog is a clone, EVEN removing MCU from board and reading it with that crappy clone junk you could be asking for big big trouble, if your a newbie i would recommend you leave it alone and give it to a professional or buy a decent programmer first. If you erase the eeprom you will screw the car

Lexas
29th January, 2012, 04:19 PM
if your a newbie i would recommend you leave it alone and give it to a professional or buy a decent programmer first. If you erase the eeprom you will screw the car
Yes, I'm newbie, but i want to learn it, circuit boards is not something new for me, just has never worked with programing eeproms, MCUs. but i need to learn it because its interesting for me. Professionals once was newbies before and not everyone start from professional tools, how i can become professional if i give away things on what i can learn byselff. and i'm too insistence on the objectives to do that :D i understand what can happen and i never start work on this before i dont know what to do next if i erase MCU :) and i press read button only after i check everything 20 times :D . and now i have another interesting question. if its happen and i erase MCU, whats next? how i can recover mcu? Thank you all for so valuable information.

raptureready
29th January, 2012, 06:48 PM
i would take the good advice from above posts and be very careful, especially if 2d47j and you have clone device, mine is original orange5 and wiped chip and a few years, i think original device x prog m sounds like a good choice for reading, dont recon you should try clone, when you see all fffffff it just sort of messes up your day and for me messed up the weekend
all the best

smokey08
29th January, 2012, 07:04 PM
What sort of keys are with the car? I assume a car of this year uses diamond shape EML keys. I can almost guarantee it wont be a secured MCU.

If it has the older style keys it may have a secured MCU and it is not really a problem if it erases as long as you have a tool that you can read the ECU with. If it erases then you will need to read the dump from the ECU to find the ISN then make a new EWS dump and some new transponders for all the keys.

Once the EWS is out of the car post all the numbers on the box and what the mask on the MCU is.

drivesure
29th January, 2012, 07:05 PM
read plenty on xprogm v5.0 clone. no problem. take off board if d47j

smokey08
29th January, 2012, 07:08 PM

Mine reads them fine aswell. I think it depends on the quality of the clone.

gtmech
30th January, 2012, 09:58 AM

screwed 4 with a clone i was using to test some ews boxes about 1.5 years ago, absolute junk, if its not a customers car then who cares, if it is then guess what can happen

PierreTheron
3rd February, 2012, 10:49 PM
In need off experience and knowledge i think..

paul_12345
3rd February, 2012, 11:27 PM
What sort of keys are with the car? I assume a car of this year uses diamond shape EML keys. I can almost guarantee it wont be a secured MCU.

If it has the older style keys it may have a secured MCU and it is not really a problem if it erases as long as you have a tool that you can read the ECU with. If it erases then you will need to read the dump from the ECU to find the ISN then make a new EWS dump and some new transponders for all the keys.

Once the EWS is out of the car post all the numbers on the box and what the mask on the MCU is.

I take it a safer way on ews would be to read ISN first and have a ews emulator on hand if you need the car running asap?

gtmech
4th February, 2012, 01:39 PM
In need off experience and knowledge i think..

xprog-m original never screws anything, its a seriously great programmer

Today's class = How to use a clone and not damage a single thing lol lol

Class dismissed because its a pointless subject as we all know

gtmech
4th February, 2012, 01:48 PM
I take it a safer way on ews would be to read ISN first and have a ews emulator on hand if you need the car running asap?

lol, ah the 2D47J, you just gotta love that mask dont ya ;)

quickjoe196
4th February, 2012, 09:41 PM
Hello, my colleague bought 2001 e39 525i , he got 3 keys. remote control of all 3 keys working, they locking and unlocking car, but only one key can start it. i have got x431, BMW scanner 1.4.0, xprogm (clone) and zedbull. any chances to make that keys working with that crappy stuff. I'm just beginner in this, so appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

in pa soft go and make sure key are properly detected, in ews module you will have option see enabled/diabled keys. make sure they are en. you can at this time, if im not mistaken read ews eeprom as well.

Then find out what is wrong, in x431 you will have ews in bmw/5 series/e39/drive/ews/data stream
put the key in and turn ignition on
select stream to see
state enable, stater motor blocked due to BC, double locking, key id, key pass, key random code.
if its double locking that might* (small chance, but general module problem)
there is procedure to resync the key if its the r.c. problem

Fallen
4th February, 2012, 11:27 PM
there is procedure to resync the key if its the r.c. problem

Rolling code on keys can be resync by OBD without removing the ews? Are you sure?

smokey08
4th February, 2012, 11:31 PM
Rolling code on keys can be resync by OBD without removing the ews? Are you sure?

The keys rolling codes cannot be reset by obd. The EWS>ECU rolling code can be reset.

gtmech
5th February, 2012, 01:04 PM

nope, program another chip and put in the key is the way to go

bram380
5th February, 2012, 01:17 PM
post here dump ews mate...

quickjoe196
6th February, 2012, 05:53 AM

I was inaccurate in my previous post, i meant physical procedure not obd.

Step 1. Get in the car and shut all the doors.
Step 2. Put a key in the ignition and turn it to Accessory and within 5 seconds, turn the ignition Off and remove the key.
Step 3. Press and hold the Unlock (Arrow) button and press and release the Lock button three times within 10 seconds. Release the Unlock button and the car should lock and then unlock the doors to let you know you did it right. Repeat step 3 for any other keys within 30 seconds.
Step 4. Insert a key into the ignition and turn it to Accessory. This terminates the key coding procedure.

I used that when my 5series battery went caput and had to be replaced.