PDA

View Full Version : Beginner questions

ramsden78
29th January, 2012, 01:40 PM
Hi guys,

I have recently bought a VU+ Duo preconfigured with Blackhole installed. I have had it running for about a week and would now like to learn more about what the box can do, other images etc.. I am comfortable with ftp and tools etc. Is there a beginners guide somewhere that will help with this. I have had a look around but cant see anything.. A couple of my initial questions are..

1. If i put another image on my box will i lose my HHD recordings?
2. What are picons? I see them mentioned but cant find an explanation. I know its going to be something simple.
3. What bouquet will let me pick Sly italia?

RuberDuck
29th January, 2012, 01:54 PM
1. no installing a new image will not touch the HDD or any recording stored on it, i have installed several hundred images and never lost a recording / HDD.

2. picons are pprgram icons that show in the info bar of the image. so when you call up the infobar or change a channel you see a picon of the channel your viewing. ( depends on the skin support etc ).

3. try the vhannibal or CST cyrus bouquets for those.

ramsden78
29th January, 2012, 10:23 PM
1. no installing a new image will not touch the HDD or any recording stored on it, i have installed several hundred images and never lost a recording / HDD.

2. picons are pprgram icons that show in the info bar of the image. so when you call up the infobar or change a channel you see a picon of the channel your viewing. ( depends on the skin support etc ).

3. try the vhannibal or CST cyrus bouquets for those.

Hi RD,

Many thanks for your help. I will give it a go tomorrow and will probably be back with some more questions. :-)