PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo or Blade BM7000s? Torn :@

Vipex1
29th January, 2012, 02:56 PM
Hi guys,

Moving over to sat from cable. Really need some help deciding between these 2 boxes, both same price so not an issue.

The duo seems a lot more popular, why? The blade's specs seem better?

Big differences (I think) I've got so far:
Blade is 1080p +3D, duo is 1080i
Blade has blindscan and a bigger channel storage.
Blade has 7 day epg, duo can do this but has problems.
duo is open source, blade is closed. [Any problems with card/server compatibility etc?]

I do like the network options on the vu+ but the blade's new update has youtube, maps etc?

I'm so torn and I'm leaning towards the duo's open source but the blade does seem better.

HELPPP :party:

cactikid
29th January, 2012, 04:51 PM
your out with the price for the vu+duo as they are around ?314 for an original.

dell_xps
29th January, 2012, 05:49 PM
Comparing a Ferrari with a Ford there m8. (Vu being the Ferrari).

Vipex1
29th January, 2012, 06:05 PM
your out with the price for the vu+duo as they are around ?314 for an original.

you're wrong with your assumption, I can get either, genuine, for the same price hence why I said it's not an issue.

Comparing a Ferrari with a Ford there m8. (Vu being the Ferrari).

Why is that?

dell_xps
29th January, 2012, 06:34 PM
Have a read of the Vu forum threads m8, VU outclasses most sat boxes, more images, better build quality, ease of use, just a few points, have a read up, you'll go the Vu route 4 sure.
HTH

cactikid
29th January, 2012, 06:36 PM
there have been many people conned by buying a clone thinking its an original,so be warned even on ebay,they want your money and run.

Vipex1
29th January, 2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks, I have searched and still stuck, I know you pay for what you get but I just don't see how it can be double the rrp price better but I guess it is!

Im85288
29th January, 2012, 07:55 PM
Don't rule out Xtrend 9000 or the newer 9200. Does pip, blindscan etc and runs the best image (vix) perfectly...also slightly better spec than VU duo

dell_xps
29th January, 2012, 08:02 PM
Xtrends are good boxes also m8,slightly dearer though :-)
original Vu Duo, blow ya away honestly.

RuberDuck
29th January, 2012, 08:24 PM
Why is that?

The blade runs a closed source operating system that has no method of customization what so ever, where as the vu being linux based offers the ability to use images from many different sources and teams plus several hundred thousand plugins, skins and other customizations.

on the whole the blade is almost plug and play, the same can not be said about the Vu its in a totally different league all together and for the better too

potrobber
29th January, 2012, 10:12 PM
you're wrong with your assumption, I can get either, genuine, for the same price

if you can get genuine vu duo for 149 the same as blade i will take 10 and give you 50 pounds extra on each box

dell_xps
29th January, 2012, 10:16 PM
I think he knows there clones now m8 :-)

cactikid
29th January, 2012, 10:32 PM
anybody selling clones as originals should be reported,as it is not as advertised.

Vipex1
31st January, 2012, 02:09 PM
I think he knows there clones now m8 :-)

if you can get genuine vu duo for 149 the same as blade i will take 10 and give you 50 pounds extra on each box

No, it's genuine. Sorry perhaps I should've said that it's second hand with a 'warranty' from the seller if there's anything wrong with it. If I could get new ones for 149, I'd be laughing.

As for the xtrend, I wish I had the money for those or the ultimo :(

RuberDuck
31st January, 2012, 05:45 PM
even for a second hand Duo that's a ridiculously low price, your usually looking for ?260 minimum unless there are problems and i guarantee if you listed a original Duo even second hand for ?250 some one would snap it up in minutes.

MUZSTAR
10th February, 2012, 04:16 PM
No way original Duo is that cheap. I get my stock off the original distributor and can tell you your very much buying a clone. That said Blade and Duo are not in the same league! Go for Duo all the way.

digicon
10th February, 2012, 04:46 PM
Hi guys,

Moving over to sat from cable. Really need some help deciding between these 2 boxes, both same price so not an issue.

The duo seems a lot more popular, why? The blade's specs seem better?

Big differences (I think) I've got so far:
Blade is 1080p +3D, duo is 1080i
(Duo Maybe 1080i but it also does 3D)
Blade has blindscan and a bigger channel storage.
(Blade May Have Blindscan but is limited to 10,000 TV & Radio channels, The Duo has Unlimited Channel Storage
Blade has 7 day epg, duo can do this but has problems.
(Blade has 7 day EPG so does the Duo it is also customisable through different EPG Frontend programs and has Full 7-14 day EPG for european satellites the Blade will only show now & next)
duo is open source, blade is closed. [Any problems with card/server compatibility etc?]

I do like the network options on the vu+ but the blade's new update has youtube, maps etc?

I'm so torn and I'm leaning towards the duo's open source but the blade does seem better.

HELPPP :party:

You may have decided but i thought i would highlight a few others if you went for a Blade which is a great box you will soon tire of its closed source status.

Best of luck

RuberDuck
10th February, 2012, 07:19 PM
the single thing that turns me away from the blade is that it's closed source. if it was not i'd have one rite now.

dell_xps
10th February, 2012, 07:30 PM
RD you have enough boxes !!

RuberDuck
10th February, 2012, 07:34 PM
lmao you can never have enough.

at the moment i have

Uno
Duo
Ultimo
DM7020S
DM600PVR
TM600x2
plus a stack of sky uk receivers.

dell_xps
10th February, 2012, 07:35 PM
Seek professional help m8...lol

bakesyno1
10th February, 2012, 11:05 PM
Hi I have just bought a Vu+ duo and have set it up with a vix team image. I am a complete novice and seem to have it working ok. Although i would appreciate it if anyone could give me advice on what settings etc I should set it too.

scudno1
13th February, 2012, 03:58 PM
you also get twin tuner with the vu+duo for recording 1 channel and watching another,vu+duo is the best box for ?300 by far but go for original it will run for years instead of ?200 for clone that will no doubt give some sort of problem through time.

joetwizzy
16th February, 2012, 07:31 PM
I have the blade and I am really tempted by the Duo. The Blade is okay, HD is super quality but the EPG although 7day is poor, there are no add ons. I miss my old DM500 in someways. Just saving up for a Vu now.

digicon
16th February, 2012, 07:55 PM
you also get twin tuner with the vu+duo for recording 1 channel and watching another,vu+duo is the best box for ?300 by far but go for original it will run for years instead of ?200 for clone that will no doubt give some sort of problem through time.

its not just clones that have problems Original boxes can also have the same. No product whether it be original or clone is perfect