PDA

View Full Version : How do you get epg on dm800

robbeno
31st January, 2012, 12:50 AM
Tried & tried rytec uk was working last week :(
How come it's not happening now ?
Does anyone know the easiest solution to sort a epg out.

gji25
31st January, 2012, 04:25 AM
get the radio times @ your local newsagent

rapscallion
31st January, 2012, 10:38 AM
I find crosepg ther easiest to use. With the opentv providers for sky UK

abr
31st January, 2012, 12:26 PM
i think its been reported on most sat site's that rytec servers are down at week ends
crossepg seems to be the answer

robbeno
1st February, 2012, 10:03 AM
Rytec uk i downloaded last night, seems ok this morning aswell :)

Nav2010
14th February, 2012, 06:39 PM
iv had enough of rytec it doesnt work 70% of the time, wer can i download the crossepg, is der any others around i can download, how would i go about installing it??
i have openpli 1.0 on my dm800hd clone ssl76

weedman
14th February, 2012, 07:03 PM
You want crossEPG & OpenTV. forgot this rytec boll*cks.

What is OpenTV?
OpenTV allows you to receive the EPG guide from your satellite, (Its the exact same data Sky use for their EPG, so you can be sure its 100% up to date, all the time). This is better, because it is always updated by sky (who better to provide the data?). And also you will never have any problems, I have been using this since I got my box, and it's never failed on me, and never will...! (Because then it will probably fail for all the sky customers as well!!).

How To install TSPanel & CrossEPG with OpenTV.
1. Install TSPanel on your image (I have attached it for your convenience, You will need to update to the latest version after installation, Remember to unzip it!).
- Copy the *.ipk to your /tmp folder, and install using the menus on your box.

2. Restart your GUI, go to menu > TSPanel. Press `yellow` button to update to the latest version. (Restart your box).

3. Go to TSPanel > Addons > TunisaSat Dreambox Addons
- Navigate to `Plugins-EPG`
- Install Crossepg_0.6.2+git.......
- Reboot your box.

4. Go to `Menu` > CrossEPG.
- Configure the first menu (Hard drive, etc..., I forget exactly what else, figure it out, Set the `reboot after download` to `YES` [or whatever it says]).

5. After configuration, you will see a list of `providers`. Select OpenTV providers,
- Select Sky UK OpenTV (Astra on 28.2), hit `enable` (Green button), then `Download` (Yellow button).
- This will download the latest OpenTV data to your box hdd, or USB. (Depending on setup).

6. After a GUI reboot (GUI ONLY, a full reboot, requires you to download the EPG again). Your EPG should be up and running.

Oh No!.. I rebooted my box by accident!
Don't Panic or start crying, do this....!!
- Go to `Menu` > `Plugins` > `CrossEPG Downloader`.
- Wait a minute (DM 800 SE) or two (DM 800 HD), and... tada!l!.. :D

.. Now... Finally.. Go wrap me a joint... :D

GunnerE4
16th February, 2012, 12:19 PM
I am having problem downloading cross epg. It pops up with an error message that there is an error with the database

abr
16th February, 2012, 01:03 PM
I am having problem downloading cross epg. It pops up with an error message that there is an error with the database
what receiver and image are you using a little more info and you may be able to solve the problem:thefinger:

digicon
16th February, 2012, 01:30 PM
The problem with OpenTV its a great EPG provider but only does 3 satellites 156? east, 13? east and 28.2? east. Which is fine if you only have Sky and Hotbird but your bolloxed if you want any more detailed information for other sats rather than just now & next.

Although Rytec may have problems now and again its the only one that downloads from a server instead of the satellite itself so if you half way through watching something on sky and you have set opentv to download from 13? east as well the bloody sat goes there and you lose what your watching.

Rytec is great when its working but a PITA when its not.

weedman
16th February, 2012, 01:45 PM
The problem with OpenTV its a great EPG provider but only does 3 satellites 156? east, 13? east and 28.2? east. Which is fine if you only have Sky and Hotbird but your bolloxed if you want any more detailed information for other sats rather than just now & next.

Although Rytec may have problems now and again its the only one that downloads from a server instead of the satellite itself so if you half way through watching something on sky and you have set opentv to download from 13? east as well the bloody sat goes there and you lose what your watching.

Rytec is great when its working but a PITA when its not.
Nice, You learn something new everyday.
Didn't know that it only does 3 satellites, (Don't affect me really), but may prove useful to know in the future.

Thanks Digicon

IAmATeaf
16th February, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'm using rytec and don't have any problems with it.

lincsat
16th February, 2012, 06:07 PM
You can use OpenTV for Sky UK and Sky It, then if you need other date, you can use a Rytec source for that. I set CrossEPG to update overnight when I'm not watching anything, no interruption to viewing and OpenTV seems to have better descriptions too :)

For some providers you don't need to use an external source, eg Sky DE, just sit on a channel for a minute or 2 and it grabs data from the stream.

cboyer
17th February, 2012, 02:01 PM
hi im stuck would be grateful of any help i copied the .ipk to /tmp folder using dcc the file is now in there but how do i install using menus on my box? iv only had the box for 2 weeks and i bought the box ready set up so i dont know what image was flashed if that is important ? if so how would i find out?

edit found how to install the .ipk but i get error not enough space lol is there a way of installing it on a usb stick or something? i been trying to get help on another post on here that is getting recordings on a usb stick?

robsy
19th February, 2012, 11:57 AM
Hi there im trying to install tspanel from flash and im getting the error ipkg error status collected errors.
im using a dm800se clone with newnigma2
Thanks

dampast
22nd March, 2012, 12:33 AM
as a new subscriber here had to make a post to download tspanel to upgrade my EPG

jasperc
22nd March, 2012, 06:26 PM
Which epg download do I need for dutch epg. Nemesis

CoolKen
22nd March, 2012, 11:24 PM

Ha great post thanks! Yep one large bifta rolled n ready for lift off.
:)

dampast
24th March, 2012, 02:05 AM
I'm in Athens, Greece and have followed all instructions and downloaded and installed successfully CrossEPG.

At first I activated and downloaded SkyUK OpenTV on 28.2, it scanned around 450 channels. Rebooted GUI and selected a channel on SKYUK, then pressed Info (EPG) and Yellow Button (Single EPG) . Nothing changed, still get now and next screenings.

I also did same with SkyItalia at 13.0, also downloaded from Rytec Greece XMLTV, again nothing.

Do I need to make and more changes to other menus (i.e. Blue Panel-->Settings-->EPG??

I use Gemini with Enigma2 on my DM800HD.

Ragsac
3rd April, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hi. I am using a DM8000HD with the latest Gemini image. I instaled CrossoverEPG 0.6.2 SVN300. It will not download anything from Open tv. It comes up with reading channels, but nothing is being downloaded. Appreciate if anyone can help with this issue.

houchtate
29th April, 2012, 12:20 PM
great program cheers

andy201
9th September, 2012, 02:11 AM
:captain::captain::p

What is OpenTV?
OpenTV allows you to receive the EPG guide from your satellite, (Its the exact same data Sky use for their EPG, so you can be sure its 100% up to date, all the time). This is better, because it is always updated by sky (who better to provide the data?). And also you will never have any problems, I have been using this since I got my box, and it's never failed on me, and never will...! (Because then it will probably fail for all the sky customers as well!!).

How To install TSPanel & CrossEPG with OpenTV.
1. Install TSPanel on your image (I have attached it for your convenience, You will need to update to the latest version after installation, Remember to unzip it!).
- Copy the *.ipk to your /tmp folder, and install using the menus on your box.

2. Restart your GUI, go to menu > TSPanel. Press `yellow` button to update to the latest version. (Restart your box).

3. Go to TSPanel > Addons > TunisaSat Dreambox Addons
- Navigate to `Plugins-EPG`
- Install Crossepg_0.6.2+git.......
- Reboot your box.

4. Go to `Menu` > CrossEPG.
- Configure the first menu (Hard drive, etc..., I forget exactly what else, figure it out, Set the `reboot after download` to `YES` [or whatever it says]).

5. After configuration, you will see a list of `providers`. Select OpenTV providers,
- Select Sky UK OpenTV (Astra on 28.2), hit `enable` (Green button), then `Download` (Yellow button).
- This will download the latest OpenTV data to your box hdd, or USB. (Depending on setup).

6. After a GUI reboot (GUI ONLY, a full reboot, requires you to download the EPG again). Your EPG should be up and running.

Oh No!.. I rebooted my box by accident!
Don't Panic or start crying, do this....!!
- Go to `Menu` > `Plugins` > `CrossEPG Downloader`.
- Wait a minute (DM 800 SE) or two (DM 800 HD), and... tada!l!.. :D

rayman64119
8th November, 2012, 06:39 PM
i have recently brought a dm8000hd and i was wondering how i could upgrade it to recieve tv listings similar to that of Sky's, is there any tips or advice ppl?

macdadi112
8th November, 2012, 08:13 PM
Try Sgt flip flops files.

It's a doddle.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

scoopster123
9th January, 2015, 09:40 PM
I have a slight problem, my EPG is 1 hour hour.

East Enders states 2100 and should be 2000.

Have tried deleting Crossepg folder from Medica\HDD via ftp then Setting in crossepg menu opten tv - SKY UK - Download - Force reload

Also tried

deleting Crossepg folder from Medica\HDD via ftp then Setting in crossepg menu opten tv - SKY UK - going into the plugin menu and activating crossepg download

Still loads with the wrong time.

Incidently if i delete cross epg and reboot, a full EPG is still displayed!

Any ideas?

scoopster123
13th January, 2015, 11:12 PM
Lads, was a bit of a plonker, realised thanks to some kind advice that i had the wrong timezone set! :) Problem Solved!!!

I have a slight problem, my EPG is 1 hour hour.

East Enders states 2100 and should be 2000.

Have tried deleting Crossepg folder from Medica\HDD via ftp then Setting in crossepg menu opten tv - SKY UK - Download - Force reload

Also tried

deleting Crossepg folder from Medica\HDD via ftp then Setting in crossepg menu opten tv - SKY UK - going into the plugin menu and activating crossepg download

Still loads with the wrong time.

Incidently if i delete cross epg and reboot, a full EPG is still displayed!

Any ideas?