PDA

View Full Version : small toilet

father ted
31st January, 2012, 05:51 AM
am doing an extension to the side of my house and am thinking of putting in a toilet ,now it will be a small area so was thinking of a saniflow
question ?
are they hard to install?
has anyone got one and can recommend a model?
it will just be a toilet and a small hand basin

cactikid
31st January, 2012, 10:28 PM
Toilets Small: Price Finder - Calibex UK (http://www.calibex.co.uk/toilets-small/zzukcalibex2zB1z0--search-html?nxtg=10e30a280d22-83524E931A43DF61)
SANIFLO upflush toilet - YouTube

happy_highlander
1st February, 2012, 08:25 PM
am doing an extension to the side of my house and am thinking of putting in a toilet ,now it will be a small area so was thinking of a saniflow
question ?
are they hard to install?
has anyone got one and can recommend a model?
it will just be a toilet and a small hand basin

Don't forget that if you use a 90? elbow at any point when you install the outlet pipe, any guarantee you get with unit will be void, they should be a maximum of 45? or formed in copper with a long radius if 90? is a must

garry1312
2nd February, 2012, 01:53 PM
Right seen a advert on the Tv for this at the moment says you can turn any cuboard in to a bathroom, kitchen etc. What i want to know is were does the water supply come from.

Also does the water from the taps come from the toilet or other way around?

I know these are going to be very daft questions but I cant exactly ask the TV lol.

happy_highlander
3rd February, 2012, 12:16 AM
Right seen a advert on the Tv for this at the moment says you can turn any cuboard in to a bathroom, kitchen etc. What i want to know is were does the water supply come from.

I know these are going to be very daft questions but I cant exactly ask the TV lol.

Pmsl when was the last time you flushed your kazi with hot water.

Evastar
3rd February, 2012, 12:22 AM
the cold water can come directly from the mains or from a tank in your attic, the hot water has to come from your hot water cylinder.

basically if it's downstairs you can take a cold water feed directly from the mains, if it's upstairs the cold water will probably come from the attic tank for the water pressure, but any hot water will need to come from your hot water cylinder, unless you have a water heater/boiler.

so the water to the taps and the water to the toilet aren't connected.

cgscott
3rd February, 2012, 12:24 AM

I do these installs often. All that is done is pipes rerouted from anywhere above if its on 2 floors or from ground level.

Piece of piss. Outlet from mains pipe for flush is a bit different but all can be done.

daithi
3rd February, 2012, 08:02 PM
~~~~ it mate buy one of these while yer at it

http://bathdecor.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/toilet_washing_machine.jpg

cactikid
3rd February, 2012, 09:29 PM
recycled rainwater can also be used from outdoor tank,so it lessens the usage in this new tax on water usage.

Meat-Head
4th February, 2012, 11:45 AM
I do these installs often.

Remind us NOT to shake your hands on an off-line meeting

new tax on water usage.

OFF TOPIC:-

When out side temp goes below -3 - water pipe in kitchen roof frezzes. still got the pizza box from last year over the air vent, intend to night, as on water rates and NO water meter, turn boiler off when go to bed leave kitchen hot hot running, see if that makes the entire lot frezze, or stop anthting freezing

Meat