PDA

View Full Version : TM 6900 super or ?

windy
12th January, 2009, 12:03 AM
Hi all and thanks for reading my thread,,,,
I have owned a Humax 5400 for around 7 years and have had some great fun with it but its time to upgrade to an HD model as I have just bought a samsung 50 Tv.

I am Thinking of buying the 6900 super combo but want to know if like the humax it can be played with a bit,
Also because the hummy had irdeto in built and with the hot flashing gave it a viacc/seca/nagra ect I want to know what I should buy the 6900 cams and cards wise to get the best out of it.
I never needed a cam before and keys were loaded with my pc via a serial lead,
Any help with this or if you reccomend a different reciever let me know why ,,,, An Ebay shop is doing the Tm-6900super combo in black at ?265 including postage for this month and I have got around ?400 max to spend on a rec/cams ect,,,,
All reply's to this thread consider youself's a THANKYOU in advance ,,,,, Windy

.: JaCkPoT :.
12th January, 2009, 12:49 AM
Not much open on the tm patch so if you want one get a cam too..
They are very user friendly but you cant play with em much..its more of a receiver for someone who just want to watch tv..
Under no experience but from what i have read the dreamboxhd receiver is very good and currently well supported..and you should be able to play with em..
However 265for6900 plus 140for diablo cam and cas3 programmer should do the trick for footy..

alunfennell
12th January, 2009, 12:49 AM
If I were you I would by a Linux Technomate 9100 super, the reason why is because Its entirely possable that newer Encryption will not open using standard Receivers in the future, Nagravision Official cards do not work on Technomate receivers as it stands (only Tm9100), so you have no hope will ENU/Keys if ever opened, The processors will be to slow !

I know the Tm9100 is not probably what you are after, but I would either wait 6 months and see where we end up regarding Encryptions or buy a receiver that is some what future proof eg: Linux based receivers.

.: JaCkPoT :.
12th January, 2009, 12:53 AM
Lol posted in the same minute..

alunfennell
12th January, 2009, 07:18 PM
Great minds think alike

Regards:
Alun

windy
13th January, 2009, 09:00 PM
Cheers guys for your advice,
Going to have a look at the linux model