PDA

View Full Version : Setting up CoolEPG on OpenPli?

Midnight Rider
31st January, 2012, 01:36 PM
Well, I've given up on Vix too many crashes!

I've installed OpenPli and have set up my softcam, downloaded some picons and also the cooltv plugin.

But for the life of me I cant seem to be able to setup the EPG. Unlike the Vix image, Openpli doesn't seem to have an EPG section in the setup.

Can anyone help?

Also, the picons which I saved to a USB stick dont seem to populate the cooltv guide. When I'm in epg and press menu the destination file for the picons doesn't include USB.

Ta

Midnight Rider
31st January, 2012, 01:54 PM
OK, thats strange plugged in my HDD and the epg has populated!

So, Q is how do I store epg data to usb?

Also, still havent cracked the picon in coolepg thing

garry1312
31st January, 2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah I love the ViX image but agree that there are loads of crashes. Although planning on sticking with ViX now that they have the timeshift issue sorted and hopefully as time goes on they will iron out the issues that cause the many crashes that users are experiencing.

I think on Cool TV Guide you need to type in the destination of the usb location.

Also if CrossEPG is installed (this is what populates your EPG) then you should be able to find the settings for it under menu then setup and its normally at the bottom.

Midnight Rider
31st January, 2012, 04:22 PM
Mmm, can't get along with Openpli, mount options seem to be broken and not keen on the EPG.

Gonna go back to Vix and try saving picons and EPG data on HDD rather than USB.

RuberDuck
31st January, 2012, 05:00 PM
Well, I've given up on Vix too many crashes!

Then submit the crash logs to us otherwise we can not help with your problems, also try enabling the Debug logs so that when a problem arises you can reboot the box and send us the log that corresponds to the date and time of the reboot and the problem you are having.

Mmm, can't get along with Openpli, mount options seem to be broken and not keen on the EPG.

Gonna go back to ViX and try saving picons and EPG data on HDD rather than USB.

Open pli is the most user unfriendly image there is. but hey every one has their opinions and what works for one may not work for another.

Midnight Rider
31st January, 2012, 05:22 PM
Back to Vix now.

I've ditched the picons & EPG data on USB and put everything on HDD.

Seems much better now and so far no crashes!

Fingers crossed as I prefer Vix to Openpli by far!

garry1312
31st January, 2012, 06:29 PM
You will notice zapping issues with the picons saved to the HDD most likely mate.

digicon
31st January, 2012, 07:42 PM
I always used OpenPLI on my 9000 and never had an issue not even a green screen the only thing i did do is i also had the Multiquick button plugin installed on mine so i could map Coolepg to the Guide and Info buttons on the remote.

And as garry said you have to setup Crossepg to save your epg file to USB which is the first thing i do, then next i load up quickbutton and map my buttons and finally i load up Coolmans guide and press menu to change the picon section from usr/ section to media/usb/picons.

After that everything worked like a dream, Infact i am still doing the same sort of setup now on my ultimo with Coolmans, Multiquick Button and Crossepg on the latest Blackhole 1.7.1 and not seen a sign of a green screen.

I was tempted to try Vix on the Ultimo when i first got it but Blackhole is far superior. Vix is good in its own right but as already been said "Each to his Own"

GunnerE4
16th February, 2012, 08:34 PM
Could someone help me in resolving this error message
"crossEPG error: cannot opencrossepg database" and "Crossepg error:error opening EPGDB"

It comes up after I tried to download the crossepg

digicon
16th February, 2012, 08:39 PM
Could someone help me in resolving this error message
"crossEPG error: cannot opencrossepg database" and "Crossepg error:error opening EPGDB"

It comes up after I tried to download the crossepg

From which provider are you trying to update either Rytec or opentv

GunnerE4
21st February, 2012, 12:08 PM
From which provider are you trying to update either Rytec or opentv

From Rytec

garry1312
21st February, 2012, 12:13 PM
Try using OpenTV mate its better than Rytec anyway as it comes from the sat feed so even if your net was down you would still be able to obtain EPG data, also it provides EPG for every channel Rytec does not.