PDA

View Full Version : CITY ROVER immo AKA TATA

rehtnap
1st February, 2012, 12:59 PM
hi
yes another question about this rover joke. i understand this is actually a tata rebaged and i have one with key fobs dead without the dongle key. so some questions
what software program do tata use for diagnostics ie like testbook ect.
do any aftermarket products communicate with the system for rematching key fob to ecu mvp ect

Ashraf6119
1st February, 2012, 08:00 PM
Hi

I don't if you can reprogram another remote without the dongle key from the original car............But, if you do bit of research on internet you will find some ECU repair company do by passing those immobiliser remote system............

rehtnap
1st February, 2012, 08:32 PM
hi
yeh ive seen those. im interested to know what the original diagnostic software is. the engine is/was peugot so have they used a citroen/peugot system. if they have built a bypass it cant be that complicated. thing with these cars now is the by pass gizmo is probably worth more than the car.

Ashraf6119
1st February, 2012, 08:48 PM
What is your problem......?

Has it lost the cranking power or, its lost the Ignition power............as they do have two kinds of problems...........

rehtnap
1st February, 2012, 09:30 PM
remote battery went dead and after battery replaced wont disable alarm. seems to have lost sync with the car. no key with the lead. easy cure is bypassed alarm ecu but interested as to software tata use for there diagnostics as know one seems to know.

Meat-Head
2nd February, 2012, 03:18 PM
speak to Avon

viw9419
6th February, 2012, 01:31 PM
. . . . . .

rehtnap
6th February, 2012, 02:10 PM
thanks. just waiting to see if previous owner can find the dongle key.
does the city rover have eka code like other rovers???????

rehtnap
6th February, 2012, 06:04 PM
apparently the program to talk to the ecu is TMLValeoRepro V2.2 Setup.zip. by tata and requires Samtec HSLight interface which is a Pass-Thru API / SAE J2534-1 device