PDA

View Full Version : Remote access problem

seancred
3rd February, 2012, 12:09 AM
Hi All,

I'm hoping you can help.I've been able to access my duo remotely using openwebif and can change channels, view recordings, change timers etc. The only problem I have is trying to stream live tv (web tv). When I click on the link in the web interface I see a screen which says Sorry this page is not yet implemented

A graphic of a workman is also shown.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Elric
3rd February, 2012, 12:16 AM
have you tried using vlc or ficstream

dell_xps
3rd February, 2012, 12:19 AM
Yes go into plugins, download the old web interface, now everything should work.
Change the http on the new to off once you have installed the old web browser, or it will just keep showing you the new one.
Or you can stream to VLC using the new one, right click on little TV screen, copy link address, then open up VLC, click on file I think it is , then open network, then paste code into url, should stream to your comp now.
HTH

dell_xps
3rd February, 2012, 02:33 AM
Streaming from the VU+ Duo - YouTube

check this out m8, did it a while back.

seancred
5th February, 2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks everyone got it sorted. i can stream from my local network no problem. I'm struggling over WAN but I think thats down to my upload speed!

brianboru
16th February, 2012, 01:19 AM
Hi all and thanks to Dell-XP for the original post last year. My usage is almost the same, I can drive the VU Uno using Safari and the Uno URL on a WiFi network, zap channels and see the OSD etc.
However if I command click on the streaming icon the stream address is directly loaded into the VLC play list and the video appears in a VLC window. However the playing originally lasted for only a minute or two before exiting, and after some experimenting, don't ask!, its now only a few seconds! Quite an achievement! Audio, ie radio channels, stream ok.
Is this a simple buffering problem, answers please!, or do you need more info on what exactly I have and do. BTW I know zilch about VLC.
Many thanks in anticipation and I'm sure there will be more queries, eg plugins picons etc, in future.

Regards brianboru

dell_xps
16th February, 2012, 06:13 PM
Go into settings m8 on vlc and change them to mpeg 1, and a lower audio setting, works better using home plugs etc, bit dodgy over wifi, ie, buffering etc.
HTH

brianboru
19th February, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks DELL-XPS for the hint which I will try after I've finished experimenting. I didn't want to use the power line wan however as I would still have a cable connected to the Mac.
I tried a direct ethernet connection and that was rock solid as one would expect. I then set up an ad hoc network on the Mac but the Uno wouldn't connect, however I have a spare router which I used to make a separate network, ie not connected to or carrying broadband traffic, and this seems to be OK. It ran for over 1 1/2 hours until the Mac battery ran out! I also have an access point which I will try instead of the router when I can find its power supply.
Thanks again. brianboru

dell_xps
19th February, 2012, 11:39 PM
No probs m8.