PDA

View Full Version : how to use KWP2000+ to edit polo ecu

diagmaster
3rd February, 2012, 03:45 AM
hi everyone,
I am new on chip tuning. Hope someone can help me.

Now I want to tuning Renault megane delphi and VW polo. So I bought China clone KWP2000+.

After reading the file from ecu, how to edit it? how to open it?

so, what is the next step after reading the files?
Please just tell me the software name used to open and edit the files
By the way, what help to just read the file and then write it again without changing it?

Thanks in advance.

richy_rich
3rd February, 2012, 11:36 AM
Please just tell me the software name used to open and edit the files

Any hex editor. You can open the file in notepad.exe if you like too, but it won't do you much good.

For tuning have a look for winols, ecm, tunerpro etc.

By the way, what help to just read the file and then write it again without changing it?

Not sure what you mean??

Honestly though, I think you're trying to run before you can walk. My advice would be to find someone who you can *pay* to modify the file for you. You send them the file, they 'tune' it, you write it back to the car. Safer. Even safer still would be to use a better tool than a clone kwp2000.

It's easy to render your ECU useless or worse wreck your engine if you don't know what you are doing.

If you do want to learn to do this yourself be prepared for a lot of work - perhaps start here EFI University - Electronic Fuel Injection Tuning, Training and Certification (http://www.efi101.com/)

diagmaster
7th February, 2012, 04:35 AM
thanks a lot for your info.

Any hex editor. You can open the file in notepad.exe if you like too, but it won't do you much good.

For tuning have a look for winols, ecm, tunerpro etc.

Not sure what you mean??

Honestly though, I think you're trying to run before you can walk. My advice would be to find someone who you can *pay* to modify the file for you. You send them the file, they 'tune' it, you write it back to the car. Safer. Even safer still would be to use a better tool than a clone kwp2000.

It's easy to render your ECU useless or worse wreck your engine if you don't know what you are doing.

If you do want to learn to do this yourself be prepared for a lot of work - perhaps start here EFI University - Electronic Fuel Injection Tuning, Training and Certification (http://www.efi101.com/)