PDA

View Full Version : lag problem fed up

mickydibble
12th January, 2009, 05:24 PM
hi,please help my son keeps complaining about his games lagging on live,we did have a 2mb connection,but upgraded to 10mb just to solve this problem but no change...what is going on? do i have to do something else,he as a wireless adapter,and we have a wireless router....micky:hmmmm2:

dropdeadfred
13th January, 2009, 09:04 PM
on the 360 go to my xbox blade then along to system settings , under connection settings run the test connection , that it will tell you if you have a open , moderate or strict NAT .
if its OPEN then all is fine here .

if its strict then that could be your problem and id then have alook at your firewall settings in your router and you might be able to get a open nat from there.

there should be some settings and info over at the Xbox.com | Xbox.com Home (http://www.xbox.com) under the help/support tab that will have details on port forwarding ect ect ....

also what ISP , and model router ?

And just incase make sure noone is useing the bandwith why he is gaming ie downloads on a pc.

Hope this helps.

mickydibble
14th January, 2009, 01:35 PM
thnx very much i will check all things you said:) cheers micky its virgin and netgear wga ???? will have to check when at home

Nazim123
14th January, 2009, 02:48 PM
had the same problem, problem was loose wires

mickydibble
14th January, 2009, 03:10 PM
had the same problem, problem was loose wires

ok thnx it is wireless or do you mean xbox wires to tv or comp....m

mickydibble
14th January, 2009, 06:28 PM
thnx very much i will check all things you said:) cheers micky its virgin and netgear wga ???? will have to check when at home
:wink:
hi at home now the router is a netgear wgt624 v3 thnx micky

mickydibble
14th January, 2009, 07:19 PM
is this what i need to change Security Encryption (WEP) options are: automatic,open system,and shared key? would i go on the open option but then what about security etc....
it says strict nat on 360

dropdeadfred
14th January, 2009, 08:20 PM
Strict NAT is your problem m8 .

dont change anything in you router to do with secruity never leave it open , but if you can find the ports to open from the xbox.com , or search there forums as im sure theres plenty of people with the problem of a strict nat .

If you can switch of your firewall and run the test on the 360 and see if the results are diffrent, if it goes to open then you know its your firewall on the router .

Then its a case of opening ports on the router or leave the firewall off which id only suggest if you have good one running on any pc connected to the router . if not id go with the port forwarding, that can be a pain tho.

karlpowell
15th January, 2009, 04:32 PM
you could put the 360 in the DMZ zone in your router just to test it is a NAT problem , if you run the network test on the 360 the last test will tell you if NAT is open or not.

just another thought on this if you have a 10 meg line you are probably on VIrgin media and they do use traffic shapeing during the evenings.

mortmaru
17th January, 2009, 08:15 PM
Try hardwire the 360 and see if that makes any difference