PDA

View Full Version : Mount HDD on Dreambox800se

gokane1973
3rd February, 2012, 03:02 PM
Hi guys, looking for a little assistance.

I have been tinkering with loading different images onto my clone 800se and now have a problem with any new image i install. The internal 2.5 HDD is recognised ok by the receiver, and i can initialise it etc (partition option there too).

Unfortunately, it hasnt auto-mounted, when the old image i used before Blackhole seemed to do it without me having to do anything.

Im very much a beginner in this so any basic instructions would help. I've tried FTP'ing a folder hdd/movie etc but this didnt enable me to record still. System still saying not mounted.

I think i have latest Oozoon (?) image on there at moment but as im trying to get it all up and running finally im more than willing to try any up-to-date image to get system fully operational.

thanks in advance for any replies

weedman
3rd February, 2012, 03:54 PM
I am using NewNigma (Digital Kaos - Downloads - newnigma2-dm800se-v3-3-1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/newnigma2-dm800se-v3-3-1-1936/)), and this works great with everything on my box.
- Auto mounts the HDD - Very easy to setup in the menu
- Full 7 Day coolmans EPG
- Transmission (torrents to your box)
- & all other basics, media player, cams, etc..

I've never tried the image your using, so dont know the menu layouts. But I know that DreamElite & NewNigma are very popular images and work with everything almost out the box.

Try NewNigma, It works perfect with my 320GB 2.5 Internal HDD. Automounts, and pause/record live TV & Permanent Time shift (rewind live tv) working great.

gokane1973
3rd February, 2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the advice, will give it a go.

Im almost certain i've tried to load that image over past week or so and got some kind of error regarding its structure not being suitable or something but will retry it.

Any image that'll set all those things you mention up in one fell swoop would be fabulous!

Thanks again.

weedman
3rd February, 2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the advice, will give it a go.

Im almost certain i've tried to load that image over past week or so and got some kind of error regarding its structure not being suitable or something but will retry it.

Any image that'll set all those things you mention up in one fell swoop would be fabulous!

Thanks again.

It doesn't do it in `one swoop`, you do it manually (install the packages manually), but it worked first time (after I installed the package). Setup was very easy.

But sorry about my `out the box` comment, that is wrong. I wanted to say that everything works very well, with minimal setup. (Sorry I was trying to sound smart).

gokane1973
4th February, 2012, 01:21 AM
No worries!

I've loaded image tonite and it came without TSpanel which i tried to load a few times before discovering i had to load the very old 3.1 version then update it on Dreambox rather than FTP the newest version on there.

I also had to download CCcam for this image too, but got that going ok (i think).

My problem remains that I have a HDD internally installed, recognised by the image and have partitioned it also. Have file paths set up for recording ok but when i hit record button it says "cant find HDD or not mounted".

Still at a loss what to do! This is the last bit i need to finally have this receiver up and running so any stage by stage guidance would be appreciated.

gokane1973
4th February, 2012, 10:32 AM
Got HDD sorted. No idea how, because i just kept repeating the initialization sequence and ensuring the path was set to media/HDD.

Tried it about 20 times, and for some bizzare reason it finally worked.

IAmATeaf
4th February, 2012, 02:31 PM
Were you waiting for the disk init to finish?

weedman
5th February, 2012, 12:50 AM
Got HDD sorted. No idea how, because i just kept repeating the initialization sequence and ensuring the path was set to media/HDD.

Tried it about 20 times, and for some bizzare reason it finally worked.

When I got my SE, I tried almost half a dozen images, And I never once had a problem with initializing/setting up the HDD.

I got it working first time on every image.

1. Initialize the HDD (this will format to Linux file system & mount it).
2. Reboot the box... (Thats it.. not sure why you had so many problems, but tbh, the reboot is not even required).

Seems as if alot of people having problems with this. Maybe I will make a step by step guide for everyone to help DK members out.

gokane1973
5th February, 2012, 11:33 AM
You might be right, as im a newcomer to all this im probably doing something wrong!

I did finally settle on the Open Pli image which mounted the drive automatically, and had no problems with the EPG guides etc either. Best image i found for a 'beginner' to fiddle with.

thanks again for your help and If you can post some instructions on this would still be helpful for future reference.

:)