PDA

View Full Version : no signal ?

mikk
4th February, 2012, 10:36 AM
I've had my (genuine) dm7025 for nearly a year now and its not a happy marriage. I've made mistakes with setup input but it will crash at the drop of a hat. It is permanently connected to the null modem lead. The latest problem is no signal despite a new quad lnb it will lock onto 11db at tuner A, nothing on tuner B with no BER on either. Is it possible to damage the tuner if wrongly configured. Would the 'factory reset' be a wise choice. Any help appreciated.

GastonJ
4th February, 2012, 10:58 AM
I've never really had problems with mine that aren't of my own making with mine. I take it you have set tuner B to be configured? It could be a damaged tuner, which can be replaced, but cheaper option is to do a factory reset first anyway, at least you'll know then that it's not the image, bouquets or faulty drivers.

mikk
4th February, 2012, 11:46 AM
I configured tuner B to 'same as tunner A, 'simple', single feed 28.2* only, no diseq. There is an option in tuner config' for setting voltage for something, lnb? I guess it should be 'no' ? If no joy after another fiddle factory reset it is.

mikk
5th February, 2012, 10:09 AM
I finally brought it back to life by flashing everything from scratch but was suprised the signal snr was still only 69% with the new lnb. I then loaded flip flops latest bouquet which sent the box into another fit! Any tips on how to avoid the dreaded green screen or reccomend a stable image with integral epg?

GastonJ
7th February, 2012, 12:24 AM
I'm using Excalibur2 at this time, comes with EPG and the like, as they all do, but take some work. I haven't looked around for a while, but plan to in the next week or so, I'll let you know if I find anything new.