PDA

View Full Version : Best image for picture quality DM800?

iggy
4th February, 2012, 10:46 AM
Anyone tell me what is best image for best picture quality for DM800 clone with boot loader 84.
I'm using DreamboxUK image.

skronk
4th February, 2012, 11:50 AM
I have tried a few but always return to an image based on Openpli.

Currently using Dreamworldz. TS Panel installed and bouquet uploader.

Picture sharp and crisp.

Did not like DreamboxUK at all.:thumpdown:

iggy
4th February, 2012, 11:58 AM
I have tried a few but always return to an image based on Openpli.

Currently using Dreamworldz. TS Panel installed and bouquet uploader.

Picture sharp and crisp.

Did not like DreamboxUK at all.:thumpdown:
Do u have a link for that image? I'll give it a go.

It is clone safe yea? With sim 2.1

Rodbouy
4th February, 2012, 12:12 PM
So far I have found BH 1.6.6 ssl84a he best image.

Works flawless so far.

skronk
4th February, 2012, 01:07 PM
So far I have found BH 1.6.6 ssl84a he best image.

Works flawless so far.

Hi Rodbouy,

I could not get that one to load.

Opening screen comes on and the progress bar on box shows full but never goes away.

Cheers.

Rodbouy
4th February, 2012, 01:27 PM
I have a Pro Rev M and is fine, could be a bad download so never tried it with the SE but does run on my mates box ok.

IAmATeaf
4th February, 2012, 06:51 PM
I've never really noticed much change in PQ between various images although my son used to swear blind that NewNigma2 is the best.

Aren't the drivers all the same in most images these days so I can't see why there would be differences.

skronk
4th February, 2012, 07:11 PM
I've never really noticed much change in PQ between various images although my son used to swear blind that NewNigma2 is the best.

Aren't the drivers all the same in most images these days so I can't see why there would be differences.

Specsavers for you my man.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

weedman
4th February, 2012, 08:30 PM

I'm already with specsavers, but I don't see a difference either.. Im using NewNigma2, but not any noticeable picture difference from when I was using DreamElite.

I swear Enigma2 is the same on every image, the only differences are:
- Software packaged with it (TSpanel, CCcam, CrossEPG etc..)
- Wallpaper/Background image (It has to be compiled with the image, and cannot be changed after)
- Drivers that are integrated with it.

I could swear the picture quality is the same across images. It dont make sense why it would be different, when the underlying OS is the same, maybe its a driver issue, but then if you had a image with `bad` picture, you could just manually upgrade the drivers to make it `good`.

I'm going to test this next week, try many different images, and see how they look on my 1080p TV, but I didnt notice any difference between NewNigma & DreamElite or even Nemisis when I was using that.

welder1977
4th February, 2012, 11:09 PM
i have blackhole phoenix edtion 1.3 nice and easy to use and good pics all round

skronk
4th February, 2012, 11:18 PM
Openpli and Digitalworldz definitely best for me.

Pic definition just that bit sharper than many others.

Maybe I should try Optical Express !!!!!!!

:giveup:

weedman
5th February, 2012, 12:38 AM
Openpli and Digitalworldz definitely best for me.

Pic definition just that bit sharper than many others.

Maybe I should try Optical Express !!!!!!!

:giveup:
Can you plz send us a link for OpenPLI, I tried so many, but they dont seem to work with my DM 800 SE (clone broadcom tuner).

I've heard so much about this OpenPLI, and i'd really love to test it, but just cant find a working image for my clone.
Anyone wanna PM me a working link for DM 800 HD SE (clone)?

I'll test this (picture quality) next week, across different images, Im going to try the big ones (DreamElite, Nemisis, NewNigma2 & OpenPLI [If i can find a working one]).

Hopefully someone can help us out with OpenPLI, I had trouble with it recognizing the tuner. It just wouldnt detect it. So if you have a working image (for clones, Broadcom Tuner), I would love a link to play around with it (and also test the Picture Quality).

Im still shocked that the picture quality is different, I goto test this for myself, hopefully i'll see something (or maybe I need to go back to specsavers and ask for a refund!! lol)

ha ha ha...!! :D

canford
5th February, 2012, 12:51 AM
Which openpli image are you after mate, lots of different ones out, these 2 been the most recent:OpenPLi-Evolution Plugin-dm800se-2012-01-28-sim2-SSL-84b /OpenPLi-All Vu+-dm800se-2012-01-27-sim2-SSL-84b
If you want more info on these just copy and paste in google.
Anyway heres the link for the 2:http://www.datafilehost.com/download-b8a7e912.html
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-23a34798.html (http://www.datafilehost.com/download-23a34798.html)

weedman
5th February, 2012, 12:56 AM
Which openpli image are you after mate, lots of different ones out, these 2 been the most recent:OpenPLi-Evolution Plugin-dm800se-2012-01-28-sim2-SSL-84b /OpenPLi-All Vu+-dm800se-2012-01-27-sim2-SSL-84b
If you want more info on these just copy and paste in google.

EDIT - I noticed you posted a link, thanks man!! :D... I'll upload and test tomorrow, (kinda drunk now!! lol!)
Can anyone PM us a Direct Download link for this, dont really wanna sign up to another forum for just 1 download. (check the post before, canford posted a direct download link)
As for `which openPLI image`, I wasnt aware there were different versions (I just want the latest STABLE version).

A PM to a direct link would be sooo helpful dudes. I will upload to DK downloads as soon as I get it for others in the same situation.

It seems as if we have to sign up to 5+ forums, to get all the downloads we require, I'd love to just stay with DK and find everything on one forum.

canford
5th February, 2012, 12:59 AM
Just click on either of the 2 links and click where it says download!

skronk
5th February, 2012, 08:04 AM
Hi Weedman,

I d/l and installed this. Based on open pli but has TSPanel and bouquet uploader.
Very stable and pic as sharp as a tack.

Give it a try if you have 800se.

Good luck

Digital World Forums (http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/uploads/63395d1326536258-digitalworldz-dream-800se-v1-digitalworldz-v1-dm800se.rar)

iggy
5th February, 2012, 09:13 AM
Hi Weedman,

I d/l and installed this. Based on open pli but has TSPanel and bouquet uploader.
Very stable and pic as sharp as a tack.

Give it a try if you have 800se.

Good luck

Digital World Forums (http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/uploads/63395d1326536258-digitalworldz-dream-800se-v1-digitalworldz-v1-dm800se.rar)

I'm gonna try out a few for the dm800.
Just feel I should be getting a better picture quality on a full HD tv when watching HD channels.
I have played around with settings but I'm still not happy.

Anymore recommendations for the Dm800.
Cheers

IAmATeaf
5th February, 2012, 05:47 PM

What, so you can seriously see a real big diff in PQ between images? So what images have the worst and what the best?

smirnoff_rules
5th February, 2012, 05:50 PM
dream elite blackhole is the best
l

skronk
6th February, 2012, 09:53 AM
What, so you can seriously see a real big diff in PQ between images? So what images have the worst and what the best?

Best is equal between Openpli and Digitalworldz (based on Openpli) though the latter has bouquet uploader and TSPanel.

Worst is equal among the rest. Definitely did not like Ramimaher and Oozoon and Dreambox UK.

Perhaps just my particular set up ?

Difference is pic resolution. The first 2 mentioned definitely have the edge for me.

Now using Digitalworldz. Delighted with it.......Bootlogo is a bit cartoony though !

IAmATeaf
6th February, 2012, 02:00 PM
Best is equal between Openpli and Digitalworldz (based on Openpli) though the latter has bouquet uploader and TSPanel.

Worst is equal among the rest. Definitely did not like Ramimaher and Oozoon and Dreambox UK.

Perhaps just my particular set up ?

Difference is pic resolution. The first 2 mentioned definitely have the edge for me.

Now using Digitalworldz. Delighted with it.......Bootlogo is a bit cartoony though !

I also use OpenPLi, tried loads of images in the past including Balckhole, NewNigma2 etc... What I did notice is that some of the images came with a video settings plugin which I always removed before judging the PQ.

skronk
6th February, 2012, 02:38 PM
I also use OpenPLi, tried loads of images in the past including Balckhole, NewNigma2 etc... What I did notice is that some of the images came with a video settings plugin which I always removed before judging the PQ.

Try the Digitalworldz one...I think you will like it.

iggy
6th February, 2012, 03:14 PM
Try the Digitalworldz one...I think you will like it.

Where do I find the Digitalworldz image for dm800 clone?
I'm goin to try it out and see if I like it.

skronk
6th February, 2012, 03:40 PM
Where do I find the Digitalworldz image for dm800 clone?
I'm goin to try it out and see if I like it.

This is the one I used for dm800se

Good luck

billo75
7th February, 2012, 10:38 AM
Anyone tell me what is best image for best picture quality for DM800 clone with boot loader 84.
I'm using DreamboxUK image.

Im using open pli, tried about 6 different inages this week, this is about the best Ive tried,quality picture and stable

billo

terayon00
10th July, 2012, 04:34 PM
This is the one I used for dm800se

Good luck

Can someone Please upload this image somewhere for me as I can't seem to join the forum.

Thanks in advance. BTW I have a DM800 HD PVR clone too