PDA

View Full Version : Best Discs to use for Wii Backups

shin
12th January, 2009, 08:42 PM
I have tried to search for this on the forums here, so please forgive me if this has already been covered, but what are the best discs or type of discs to use for wii backup games? Is it Ritek G05 Dye type discs? Or another?

bugaloo41
12th January, 2009, 08:47 PM
i done a fair bit of reading on this.

most understandably recommend a good quality dvd like the ritek G05. There are plenty others that seem to use the cheapest dvd-r that can be found and they seem to work well. trial and error i suppose.

You might find this helpful - games that work (or dont work) as the case may be.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3

shin
12th January, 2009, 09:11 PM
i done a fair bit of reading on this.

most understandably recommend a good quality dvd like the ritek G05. There are plenty others that seem to use the cheapest dvd-r that can be found and they seem to work well. trial and error i suppose.

You might find this helpful - games that work (or dont work) as the case may be.

Backup Launcher v3 - WikiTemp (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3)

many thanks for the quick reply bugaloo, i'll have a look at the list

dell_xps
12th January, 2009, 09:49 PM
Tayio Yuden or Verbatim discs m8.

jarri
13th January, 2009, 10:22 PM
i agree with dell_xps verbatium and burn at X2 to avoid issues.

shin
15th January, 2009, 01:59 PM
Tayio Yuden or Verbatim discs m8.

do the verbatim discs have the Tayio Yuden dye then? are Ritek G05's also ok? as i have just bought 50 :argh:

peterpanok
15th January, 2009, 07:27 PM
do the verbatim discs have the Tayio Yuden dye then? are Ritek G05's also ok? as i have just bought 50 :argh:

Riteks are fine 8x no probs here.

thered
15th January, 2009, 07:39 PM
ri-tek is a good disk however there are different grades always try to get the dearest one as the cheaper ri teks have a bit of dye run

trax data are the best for me if i were to go for quality

krazylegz
15th January, 2009, 09:08 PM
i use any dvd's that i got in and all work spot on m8

DKinfranet
24th January, 2009, 09:20 PM
From my experience, many brands are OK. In additon to what had mentioned, TDK, RiDATA, Sony,.... etc

Many suggesting to use slow speed when burning e.g., less than 4x. I always use the max possible e.g., 8x and 16x and have no problem.

Technically, -R is better than +R. If your Wii console is a few years old then it may not be able to read +Rs.

bigmark1966
26th January, 2009, 02:54 PM
i use bulkpaq yellow m8 burn at 8 speed all the time works in all the wii i know never had a prob 2x 4x is only a guide line trust me 8 will work on most dvd-r and you can get them for 13.00 delivered...

Raven
26th January, 2009, 11:07 PM
I'm no expert on this so I'll tend to agree with what people have said - verbs or ritek and burn at a slow speed.

But here's the question I have.....is it just me, or are the backup discs ALOT less scratch resistant/durable than the original games ? More to the point are some recordable discs alot more durable scratch wise than others if that makes any sense.....cos some backup discs hardly have breath on them and they wont work no more lol.

Also speed a game is burnt at does matter.....generally the slower the better....one example I have from experience is when I burnt guitar hero for the ps2 at the time and it kept jumping and skipping and i couldnt play it properly.....so i reburnt it at minimum speed (x1) and that one was spot on....so speed does matter, but it depends on the game ur playing i suppose.