PDA

View Full Version : engine imoboliser fault

rangers71
12th January, 2009, 08:59 PM
i went into the car today purt the key in and the car was engine was turning over then a message flashed up saying engine imomoliser fault .
i have a 406 2000 model so dose any 1 no the easiest and cheapest way to fix this problem
thanks in advanced

C64
12th January, 2009, 09:02 PM
Could it be anything to do with the immobiliser chip in your key fob mate?

rangers71
12th January, 2009, 09:08 PM
Could it be anything to do with the immobiliser chip in your key fob mate?

am not sure m8 a tried both of my keys and it was the same but it could be the chip and mabey they need updated with a new code or somthin . am just hopin some 1 on here has had the same problem and knows how to fix it b4 a goto a garage and get rippid off

yamar1
12th January, 2009, 09:32 PM
am not sure m8 a tried both of my keys and it was the same but it could be the chip and mabey they need updated with a new code or somthin . am just hopin some 1 on here has had the same problem and knows how to fix it b4 a goto a garage and get rippid off

if you have tried both keys and getting the same messege proberbly not the key chip. theres a pick up which goes around the ignition, which in turn picks the transponder chip up in the key when inserted in the ignition, maybee check that for a loose connection, other than that it will have to go on a diagnostic computer to find the fault m8

rangers71
12th January, 2009, 09:45 PM
if you have tried both keys and getting the same messege proberbly not the key chip. theres a pick up which goes around the ignition, which in turn picks the transponder chip up in the key when inserted in the ignition, maybee check that for a loose connection, other than that it will have to go on a diagnostic computer to find the fault m8

ok thanks for the info m8 all give that a try