PDA

View Full Version : vu+ dup with motorished dish

pspmixer
6th February, 2012, 12:01 PM
today iam going to set up my vu+ duo with my motorished dish
what is the best and easiest way to do it ?
ive currently got a openbox s9 working on it but want the vu+ box on there instead
i dont know all the sat's i use on the dish (only one's i know is hotbird 8/9, Astra 1, thor 8/9 and eurobird 1)
if anyone can tell me how to do this i will be greatful thanks in advance

mdt
6th February, 2012, 09:14 PM
today iam going to set up my vu+ duo with my motorished dish
what is the best and easiest way to do it ?
ive currently got a openbox s9 working on it but want the vu+ box on there instead
i dont know all the sat's i use on the dish (only one's i know is hotbird 8/9, Astra 1, thor 8/9 and eurobird 1)
if anyone can tell me how to do this i will be greatful thanks in advance

firstly id drive the dish to zero on the openbox before you unplug it then on the vu press menu/system/service searching/tuner config/tuner 1 then set it to simple/positioner and your lat and long and store. then go to say 19.2e and do a search to make sure the motor is moving ok ect.. now go to the addons panel of your image and download a settings list for motorised dish (vhannibal or similar) then restart your box for good measure and your box should be working ok. regards mdt

ams3521
10th April, 2012, 01:14 AM
Personally I'd set the motorised dish to Tuner B so that the motorised dish is not tied up during a recording, thats presuming you are also using a fixed dish or want to add a fixed dish later on which is the norm, that would go on Tuner A.

digicon
10th April, 2012, 01:43 AM
Personally I'd set the motorised dish to Tuner B so that the motorised dish is not tied up during a recording, thats presuming you are also using a fixed dish or want to add a fixed dish later on which is the norm, that would go on Tuner A.

Just curious why to Tuner B when nearly all images these days have a built in preference setting which allows you to set which Tuner takes priority for a recording, It does not matter which dish fixed or otherwise goes onto which tuner

ams3521
17th April, 2012, 11:25 AM
Even though you can set a priority tuner for viewing, the duo defaults to Tuner A for recording when both dishes are pointing at the same sat which to my knowledge cannot be changed.

The standard procedure for a Duo is Fixed on Tuner A , Motorised on Tuner B.

digicon
17th April, 2012, 11:49 AM
Even though you can set a priority tuner for viewing, the duo defaults to Tuner A for recording when both dishes are pointing at the same sat which to my knowledge cannot be changed.

The standard procedure for a Duo is Fixed on Tuner A , Motorised on Tuner B.

Wrong i have tried Motorised on Tuner A and fixed on Tuner B with prefer to Tuner B and it always selects Tuner B for recording. If your s does not then there is something wrong somewhere

RM6
3rd June, 2012, 11:12 PM
How does crossEPG work on this? Does it also download the EPG for multiple satelites?