PDA

View Full Version : Cat C9 problem (wont respons)

Khein
7th February, 2012, 01:35 PM
We are having a problem with a Harvester C9 engine.
We take out the engine from machine, repair ir and now we are testing it.
It starts OK and dont have active codes. The problem is that the oil injection activation pressure is stuck in 27.000 kpa and it wont move, even if I run the activation pressure test (where you can change activation pressure up and down), it change the dessire pressure but the pressure measurement its stuck in about 27.000 kpa.
This is the first time we run this type of engine out of the machine, does it has something to do? We dont have the harvester here to put it into the machine and try it, we have to travel in order to put the engine and dont want to get there, ensamble the engine in the machine and realize the activation pressure it still stuck.

Hope someone can help me with this.

c16man
7th February, 2012, 07:07 PM
Sounds like that the HP pump IAP valve is stuck. Will have to replace the HP pump. Why was the engine repaired? What failed?

Was the injectors removed?

Khein
7th February, 2012, 07:30 PM
Sounds like that the HP pump IAP valve is stuck. Will have to replace the HP pump. Why was the engine repaired? What failed?

Was the injectors removed?

The engine has a piston broken (a problem with injection). We have replace the broken parts and repair the injectors.
Now re are testing the engine and we are having this problems.
Today we have our first active fault, 0042-05 and 0100-10. 100-10 just appear a few seconds and disapear, and 0042-05 stays on a minutes and then disapear too without touching a thing.
Now again we have no active faults.

Riebeth
7th February, 2012, 11:48 PM
have you tried reflashing ecm for fault code? it usualy work for me...

ukge4122
8th February, 2012, 04:04 PM
Its the IAP Valve that is stuck, once you run the test and its not fluctuating, check to see if someone did not adjust the valve or if its in an open position. The fuel pump has a spring in it. If not the fuel pump will have to be replaced, as these are non serviceable.

Khein
10th February, 2012, 01:36 PM
Is there any way to test the voltage that receive the oil injection activation pressure valve?
When we crank engine we receive voltage in the valve but after that sometimes we have voltage and many other times we dont have voltage in the regulator valve.

Is there any way to test this or anyone knows how it works? Because this is the first time we really checked this on a C9.

Thank you.

Khein
13th February, 2012, 12:16 PM
Is there any way to test the voltage that receive the oil injection activation pressure valve?
When we crank engine we receive voltage in the valve but after that sometimes we have voltage and many other times we dont have voltage in the regulator valve.

Is there any way to test this or anyone knows how it works? Because this is the first time we really checked this on a C9.

Thank you.

Guys any clue about this? Can this be test?

ukge4122
13th February, 2012, 12:46 PM
The solenoid coil has a resistance roughly about 22 ohms, please check this back in SIS. remove the soleniod and put on a workbench and apply 12 volt spark to it and see if its clicking. If its clicking please recheck the adjustment behind the solenoid.

Using ET also monitor the pressure when you accelerator the truck in neutral position, and also hook up your meter and monitor the voltage going to the solenoid.

Please check for logged codes!

hanzem evr
13th February, 2012, 06:49 PM
My friend yaur problem in IAP Valve its stuck .. you must replace the Hi Pressure Pump .

Khein
14th February, 2012, 12:24 PM
My friend yaur problem in IAP Valve its stuck .. you must replace the Hi Pressure Pump .

The problem is that my client has allready change the Hi Pressure Pump. It is almost a new pump, so I cant really believe the problem is the pump.

mathura
14th February, 2012, 12:58 PM
Guys any clue about this? Can this be test?

The voltage to this valve will vary based on oil pressure to the injectors.
The ET can be used to monitor the oil pressure to the injectors. You will need to check the Injector oil pressure sensor because if this malfunctions,then default values will be provided by the ECM. If this sensor is functioning correctly the pressure to the injector will rise upon acceleration of the engine.

hanzem evr
15th February, 2012, 06:10 AM
the best way to believe me is when disconnect the hi pressure pump connector , and start the engine , if the engine start that mean IAPV stuck , If not start the problem in the ECM not good or IAPV minus wire contact with chasi .
So unplug connector from the HP pump and inform us what happend with you , Sorry for bad english.

mathura
18th February, 2012, 04:15 AM
Hey Khein

let us know what your findings are please

Khein
30th March, 2012, 03:36 PM
We never find out what was happening with this engine, so we went to our client city and put the engine in the machine.
Once the engine in the machine it runs OK, without problem. So it seems that when you take out the engine from the machine (at least in the harvesters case) the HP pump get stuck in 27.000 kpa and you cant change it doing the activation pressure test. We may have something unplug that didnt let us use this pump.