PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox ex7000HD Opinions

Lanxman
13th January, 2009, 12:16 AM
OK, Lets have your opinions then folks. Is it really worth buying an ex7000hd If encryption changes in the next year? Currently there is only one or two hd channels available on vm. As great as a HD cable box sounds for a reasonable price (and imo it is reasonable) What would be the point in getting one to enjoy one or two hd channels for a year? When the encryption changes, which is inevitble according to most including myself the box may be rendered useless. So what's everyone else's thoughts?

Spiderpig2
14th March, 2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the information about encyption, and how it might change. My Eurovox Red has just given up the ghost and gone to a better place. I'm looking to replace it and was thinking of getting the 7000 so as to be able to get HD at last. Anybody recommend something that will do the same job as the Red, but if it's only going to work for another year or so, that isn't very costly?

mark36
15th March, 2009, 11:44 AM
You'll not go far wrong with the eurovox ex 1000 or the new kryptview a750.Personaly i'd probably go with the a750 but there both good value and can be bought for under a ton.

foxuk
15th March, 2009, 02:26 PM
Just a personal (newbee) thought, but, it's not the HD channel that convinced me to buy the 7000.

My reasoning

1. Conectivity by USB to HD storage is a must if anything is to be recorded. The 5100 has a 'slot' in thingie for an up to 120GB IDE drive but who wants to go backwards?

2. Flashing by memory stick is pretty easy and I don't have to crawl around fitting a null modem cable to the back of my computer.

3. As a HD recorder the cost is pretty low compared whith the low sized, over priced brand name stuff.

A couple of questions.

Does anyone know of the extent of connectivity possible through the USB to a computer on the 7000? Are there any programs that exploit this?

The channel change on the 7000 is pretty slow when compared with the 5100. Is this a firmware problem?

When encryption changes will it still be possible to use the 7000 as a recorder? Perhaps using a newer encryption based box as a decoder?

Overall I like the box and for around ?200 it may be a high price for a cable box but it also does the HD tango with interchangeable HDs.

All the best

Jon

Spiderpig2
16th March, 2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks Mark36 and Foxuk. I'll have a look at the a750 and decide from there. I don't think I'll get the 7000 it seems to have little going for it at the moment.
What would happen if I connected my cable input to an ordinary free-view box? I don't want to risk it without some idea as to whether or not it would do some damage.

nollaig75
16th March, 2009, 10:55 PM
i was 1 of the first to get the 7000 and despite the niggles am very happy with it. defo beats the exterior aerial i had that was drivin me nuts losin signal all the time. i figured if i got about 4 or 5 months out of it i would prob break even on vm or other subscriptions. almost half way there so fingers crossed. the risk is in the end down to the individual i suppose and when its rendered useless is anyones guess really

maclee
17th March, 2009, 12:33 AM
SIMPLE 1 HD CHANNEL WOTS THE POINT IN BUYING 1 YET.

shodanmojo
17th March, 2009, 01:10 AM
im still playing about with this box its by far the best one yet

steve2scoops
29th March, 2009, 10:29 PM
i have just got a ex7000 was very happy until i tried to sort out channels been pulling my hair out since picture quality is excellent though

stef73
30th March, 2009, 09:13 AM
the point in buying it is it upscales all the channels to 1080i and makes them look as good as my v+ box so you can have crappy picture or crystal clear tv

captainbob
8th April, 2009, 12:08 AM
Hi, is it possible to enter the keys manually, like 1968 1968 on the Max?

nollaig75
8th April, 2009, 06:13 PM
i think so by hitting menu and then just press blue on remote mate but havn needed it yet

Nathan_wild
15th December, 2009, 02:42 PM
forgive me for being a total newbie but i just want to know does it unscramble all channels like ESPN and sky sports and pay per view this is all i want to know lol

burnzi1000
27th March, 2010, 02:52 PM
it sure dose, all sports, movies, payper view, adult, you name it you got it.

BIGALZ
27th March, 2010, 05:29 PM
it sure dose, all sports, movies, payper view, adult, you name it you got it.
But not for long and only 7 channels are HD. The post you were replying to is 3 months old as well.

rebreather boy
4th April, 2010, 12:18 PM
i have just got a ex7000 was very happy until i tried to sort out channels been pulling my hair out since picture quality is excellent though

hi just got the ex 7000 but the picture on the hd channels has a slight blur to it ,any ideas.
thanks john

chic.
4th April, 2010, 12:39 PM
hi just got the ex 7000 but the picture on the hd channels has a slight blur to it ,any ideas.
thanks john
Hi m8 you will have to use the hdmi cable and the picture will be nice and clear

rebreather boy
5th April, 2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks mate
i have a hdmi cable connected a new gold plated one off ebay,could the cable be faulty or something else
Thanks john

BIGALZ
5th April, 2010, 08:32 AM
The HDMI cable only needs to convey a digital signal so a cheap and cheerful cable will give exactly same pic quality as a gold plated cable. The problem with pic quality sometimes is that what you think is a HD transmission is not. Just because a channel is badged HD does not mean the transmission is. Check it on BBC HD which is transmitting hd 24/7.

johnny yen
5th April, 2010, 10:11 AM
But not for long and only 7 channels are HD. The post you were replying to is 3 months old as well.
how long is not long been saying its goin off for months

BIGALZ
5th April, 2010, 11:58 AM
how long is not long been saying its goin off for months
I still have my Eurovox max v which is still working and long may it do so, but the reality is that n3 is being rolled out quickly. Vermin have indicated that there will be additional Sly hd channels introduced in June/July. Sly will not allow that to happen until the new encryption is in place. It started with Leeds in December and the areas now fully n3 are shown below. How long is a piece of string ? no-one knows but I believe the people living in the following areas would say not long enough.

Areas switched over to Nagra 3

- Acton London (NTL parts only)
- Ashford
- Aylesbury
- Barking
- Batley
- Bexleyheath
- Bournemouth
- Brighton
- Caterham
- Chesham
- Chiltern Hills
- Chingford
- Crawley
- Dagenham
- Dartford
- Derbyshire
- Dewsbury
- Dover
- East Ham London
- East London
- Edenbridge
- Enfield
- Epsom
- Essex 1 (NTL/Excw parts only)
- Folkestone
- Harrogate
- Hayes
- Hersham
- Heston
- Hillingdon
- Hornchurch
- Hounslow
- Huddersfield (NTL parts only)
- Ilford
- Kirklees
- Leeds
- Loughton
- Middlesex
- Mirfield
- Northwood
- Poole
- Rainham
- Rickmansworth
- Romford (Excw parts only)
- Seven Kings
- Shepherds Bush
- Southampton (Excw parts only)
- South Hertfordshire
- Staines
- St Albans (Excw parts only)
- Surrey (Within M25)
- Sussex
- Swanley
- Tonbridge
- Tonbridge Wells
- Upton Park
- Waltham Abbey
- Walthamstow
- Watford
- Wessex
- West London
- West Yorkshire (NTL parts only)
- Worthing
- York

pussyman78
12th April, 2010, 01:18 PM
willing to pay postal chagre for any hi-def cable box take all brand that no longre working in your area (the truth is these box cant be hack but will still work in some area like my area wont state where i live in case virgin employee is member so if u cant get any used out of your box any more send them to me only need 2 for the extra tv in the house 1 for my son the other for my bedroom call this no# to arrange postal charge tenah ?10 the most i am willing to pay per box (07502343434)

toonman
22nd July, 2010, 08:24 PM
hi all just got 1 hd ch now do i need 2 get any new sorftware 2 get my freeview chs back and the new hds chs plz ty .:(

dasteph
22nd July, 2010, 08:44 PM
hi all just got 1 hd ch now do i need 2 get any new sorftware 2 get my freeview chs back and the new hds chs plz ty .:(

there is no new firmware n3 encryption is being rolled out and your free channels will disappear until you are left with the fta channels.

shakesy
23rd July, 2010, 02:34 AM
After doing a rescan I've just got all Sky movies HD and sky sports 1 & 2 hd, the channels are showing up but there's nothing on them yet.

Even before these with the box you can receive:
BBC HD
Channel 4 HD
Discovery HD
E4 HD
ESPN HD
Eurosport HD
Five HD
Film4 HD
ITV1 HD
Living HD
MTVN HD
Nat Geo HD
Syfy HD

toonman
23rd July, 2010, 11:09 AM
thanks for that but is the box made 2 show hd chs lilke bbc hd in itv hd?

dasteph
23rd July, 2010, 11:36 AM
thanks for that but is the box made 2 show hd chs lilke bbc hd in itv hd?

the 7000hd box will show all hd channels but not those affected by n3 encryption.

gareth626
8th August, 2010, 05:39 PM
hello all

can anyone tell me if this eurovox ex7000 HD+ works in northern ireland ?