PDA

View Full Version : 02 plate clio 1.2 16v df168 code

m3vuv
8th February, 2012, 01:58 PM
hi all got a clio that i scanned and the fault code reads DF 168 it says inlet air circuit signal incoherent.
Car wont tick over properly, wont rev,Hunting.
Any help much appreciated,paul m3vuv

oldford
8th February, 2012, 02:14 PM
What's the live data for the inlet air temp? And what is the ambient temperature roughly?
Does the car have an airmass meter or a map-sensor?

m3vuv
8th February, 2012, 04:06 PM
i think just a map sensor,cant remember on the live data but it runs like a pig then revs up then the engine light comes on and it dies,normaly after about 7 seconds !

m3vuv
10th February, 2012, 12:26 PM
anyone got any ideas on this one ?

Larue
10th February, 2012, 02:21 PM
Is there engine control unit on the back of engine?
If there is then check security lock on it then have look under it,check for coroded/burned pins on ECU. Could be wiring fault or poor connection on MAP sensor.
Finally....ECU could be a problem as well...
As MHM says - Frogrench cars always has two faults and i think these Clios has even more than two.

Ashraf6119
10th February, 2012, 07:51 PM
i think just a map sensor,cant remember on the live data but it runs like a pig then revs up then the engine light comes on and it dies,normaly after about 7 seconds !

Hi

As far as I understand the intake temperature sensor fault will not cause car engine to stall in about 7 seconds...........

What tool are you using to diagnose it..............?

Have you also checked the all the connections at the Battery in fuse box, fuel pump relay,and the white multi plug near the fuse box they all nice and clean.............?

miha99
10th February, 2012, 08:57 PM
I had also this problem on the same car.Sound stupid but on camshaft gear sprocket was not on right position and this cosed that inlet valves are not opened on right time,it follows the fault code - DF 168 inlet air circuit signal incoherent.At the end even makes sense.

m3vuv
12th February, 2012, 08:56 PM
sorted it,it was the crapy rubber coated engine loom,it was a break in one of the wires to the ecu,sused it by a wiggle test lol,got one from the scrappy for a fiver!,job sorted,also it had chaffed on the inlet manifold so one to look for,cheers all Paul m3vuv,incedentely it was scanned with clip and maxdiag fr701,both gave th same results,turns out th df on the code means data fault,learn somat new every day!.