PDA

View Full Version : Updating Vix

colesy72
8th February, 2012, 06:25 PM
When I try to update my Vix 2.2 , I go into setup, VIX, Software update and asks if I want to update my receiver.... after pressing yes you get: package list update - please wait and it always comes up with
Done- Installed or upgraded 0 packages.
It has always done this in the 5 months I have had it and just wondered why?

I see there is now a Vix 2.3. 204 available now. Would I lose my bouquets and all channel info if I install this?

Am happy with what I have at the moment but always seems a good idea to get the latest stuff!!! Any advice on either why it doesn't update or any advantages in installing new version.

Many thanks! Colesy72

cactikid
8th February, 2012, 08:22 PM
you would have to select a package for it to load,if you dont tick anything 0 packages installed.i would imagine you may lose bouquets with new image,there may be a way to save them first,dell or rd will guide you better.

RuberDuck
8th February, 2012, 09:57 PM
When I try to update my Vix 2.2 , I go into setup, VIX, Software update and asks if I want to update my receiver.... after pressing yes you get: package list update - please wait and it always comes up with
Done- Installed or upgraded 0 packages. It has always done this in the 5 months I have had it and just wondered why?

The repository for ViX 2.2 is no longer maintained or updated, This is why you get 0 packages returned.

I see there is now a Vix 2.3. 204 available now. Would I lose my bouquets and all channel info if I install this?

Am happy with what I have at the moment but always seems a good idea to get the latest stuff!!! Any advice on either why it doesn't update or any advantages in installing new version.

Many thanks! Colesy72

you can backup your bouquets and any other vital files such as softcam configuration files prior to upgrading the image.
also please be aware that the new ViX 2.3 images are running the Linux 3.1.1 kernel and as such the Solo and Duo must have their bootloaders updated to the latest versions first. once thats done you can flash the image directly and reload your bouquets, config files etc.